Nightmare at connectingwatches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    no disrespect to anyone. but i cannot understand how is it possible to buy an item of value more than 100 without having to look, feel and touch?

we all use our hard earn money to buy watches. call me old fashion, but i rather go to a AD to buy even though it is like 200-300 more. for me, it is a piece of mind. no doubt that some special pieces cannot get locally, no choice, let it go. as my shifu mentioned, wait for the watch to come to you.

maybe those who have done so can provide their reasons/rationale.
    Bro, don't mind me to say this. Not intended on anyone first hor. I use to think that way like you, that how can anyone be so daring to do that. Over time, I reckon this: if a person is rich, an item/object that costs $10k, may be like $1 to him/her, why not the risk? See it?!

To the poorer folks, $10k is like ! To the "upmarket" people, $10k is like.. you know what I mean?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Bro, don't mind me to say this. Not intended on anyone first hor. I use to think that way like you, that how can anyone be so daring to do that. Over time, I reckon this: if a person is rich, an item/object that costs $10k, may be like $1 to him/her, why not the risk? See it?!

To the poorer folks, $10k is like ! To the "upmarket" people, $10k is like.. you know what I mean?
      Again all bro here. Dun mind i say this also.. . If the person as what you say is rich. I believed he/she will go get from Local AD.This got nothing to do with risk.....This is to save time and all the communication + TT/wired...waiting for shipment..etcs...involved....

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        no disrespect to anyone. but i cannot understand how is it possible to buy an item of value more than 100 without having to look, feel and touch?

we all use our hard earn money to buy watches. call me old fashion, but i rather go to a AD to buy even though it is like 200-300 more. for me, it is a piece of mind. no doubt that some special pieces cannot get locally, no choice, let it go. as my shifu mentioned, wait for the watch to come to you.

maybe those who have done so can provide their reasons/rationale.

most expensive item i got from ebay was USD900, have bought several other items between $100-200. so far only got 1 problem when seller sent me an old stock instead of a brand new one but that one i file claim thru paypal n was refunded fully (cept for shipping fee)

it's all about convinience, choice, and price. but of course before buying anything have to lower the risk factor to zero or as close to zero as possible. for ebay, there's paypal protection so it's kinda secure. I've also transacted thru internet banking to local account. I've never wired money to overseas account before though cos that one really no way to protect from fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1972 View Post
          Again all bro here. Dun mind i say this also.. . If the person as what you say is rich. I believed he/she will go get from Local AD.This got nothing to do with risk.....This is to save time and all the communication + TT/wired...waiting for shipment..etcs...involved....
          Correct, but no stock locally how?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Correct, but no stock locally how?
            good question bro. If really no stock then order and wait for months to arrive also no prob right? may not be that desperate right? hehehe
            Back to topic...Actaully i don't know is Bro louie did buy from them b4 or not,? If 1st x trying then really dangerous...

Comment

I got my fears too. So am careful threading in cyberspace.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi all

I have done number of times getting things online which is over 500sgd; my max whihyc to do online is sgd 1k. Wat I do is tat I do my homework first, ie to check whether this shop or person got any negative feedback to begin with, with e use of google alot of things can be verified, then after which I will see what transaction is needed; if it is via paypal then I would let them know of this transaction tat Im going to do n ask them to chk.

Sometimes if it is over a k then extra effort must be done so tat when u noe it is a reputable seller/shop normally won't have much of a issue.

At e end of e day, doing homework and verification to chk, u can have a piece of mind still. For e ppl with deeper pockets a few hundred is nothing but for peasants like me then I would do wat it takes to save tat amount.

Disclaimer: This is wholly my view n not intended to offend anyone. YMMV.
                "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

good question bro. If really no stock then order and wait for months to arrive also no prob right? may not be that desperate right? hehehe
                  Back to topic...Actaully i don't know is Bro louie did buy from them b4 or not,? If 1st x trying then really dangerous...
                  Rich people might not wanna to wait for few months wor....buy on the spot n enjoy first wor.....

Comment

Depends 1 la nothing to do with your weath...to each his own

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by angry View Post
                      Rich people might not wanna to wait for few months wor....buy on the spot n enjoy first wor.....
                      if rich ppl, sure can get( got the way)the watch in the shortest time mah..hehehe

Comment

yes yes... money makes the world goes round and round and round and round and.....

if rich ppl, sure can get( got the way)the watch in the shortest time mah..hehehe

Comment

Hi mate,

any resolution yet??
                          It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                          Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                            Hi mate,

any resolution yet??
                            yesh gotten the monies back today.. short change me some but what the heck!I'm happy he returned my dollar! But from this whole thing i can tell this seller is all the while lying...if i didn't mention i would lodge complain to his embassy and call his area police.I don't think he will ever reply my email!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                              yesh gotten the monies back today.. short change me some but what the heck!I'm happy he returned my dollar! But from this whole thing i can tell this seller is all the while lying...if i didn't mention i would lodge complain to his embassy and call his area police.I don't think he will ever reply my email!
                              Thanks God for all our blessing Bro ! Be carefull next time lor, for the rest of us it a good lesson to learn. Money is not easy to earn. Just like me now still working till midnite and makes only $120....

God Bless !
                              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
                                Thanks God for all our blessing Bro ! Be carefull next time lor, for the rest of us it a good lesson to learn. Money is not easy to earn. Just like me now still working till midnite and makes only $120....

God Bless !
                                Where got make $120 a day? Tot u pay $1200 in taxes a month? hehehehe

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X