Nightmare at connectingwatches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    not to rub salt to the wound...i was thinking if one is to purchase an expensive item online...we need to ask for 5 or more references. (i bought items before that cost less than $600 and once a $7K watch online). To be safe, i'll ensure that the addresses are not all gmail/yahoo/hotmail sort that can be easily created. I'll ask sellers to provide those with company email addresses ie XXXX@sbcglobal.net. In this way, we'll know that he can't fake so many company addresses all at the same time. I would also check the company website to verify that there's indeed such a company ie ww.SBCglobal.com/.net in the example above.

just my humble opinion for those who intend to purchase online in future.

cheers

james
    bro,even kasi you reference PLEASE don't be fool!! My case that mother son replied himself hor!

Comment

hi mate,

my condolences. hope you get your money back.

whats your name, gonna say a quick prayer for you later in church.

DK
      It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
      Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
        hi mate,

DK
        sorry, assuming you dun mind.
        It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
        Alexander Pope

Comment

sorry, assuming you dun mind.
          Bro Louie, sorry to hear about it. Please be strong and have good faith.

God Bless !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

hi mate,

DK
            friends call me louie,thanks Bro khips and Uncle Lau.And thanks to many whom shown concern. He promised to pay me back my monies,i told him by this week no monies back into my UOB account i will go to the police and file fraud complaint to his embassy.Only this email i sent to him about what are the possible actions i will take than this mother son reply my email. Told me his father the "seller" got into accident on the highway and hospitalised.I replied him,give me your telephone and which hospital i wanna call the doctor and ask about his father's condition...as expected no replies..by the way connectingwatches.com owner sibei on,been following up with me and very concern about this seller.Think so he is french..

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
              Bro Louie, sorry to hear about it. Please be strong and have good faith.

God Bless !

Thank you Uncle Lau,i' should have been more careful...i felt strange when his references replying to my enquiries..i screen the timing they replied so close..within mins they replied one two mins after one another!But i trusted the seller,cos he really sounds he knows his watches...i hope no member or anyone who is reading here follow my foot step.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                friends call me louie,thanks Bro khips and Uncle Lau.And thanks to many whom shown concern. He promised to pay me back my monies,i told him by this week no monies back into my UOB account i will go to the police and file fraud complaint to his embassy.Only this email i sent to him about what are the possible actions i will take than this mother son reply my email. Told me his father the "seller" got into accident on the highway and hospitalised.I replied him,give me your telephone and which hospital i wanna call the doctor and ask about his father's condition...as expected no replies..by the way connectingwatches.com owner sibei on,been following up with me and very concern about this seller.Think so he is french..
                ok mate, will pray for you later. in the main time, u keep the 3Cs.....Cool, Calm, Collect.

see whether you can contact any of his past trades or references, and see if you can get ANY details, like bank accounts or contact numbers. go forensic....i hope the amount involve is not too big. see whther this guy posted on other forums as well
                Alexander Pope

Comment

ok mate, will pray for you later. in the main time, u keep the 3Cs.....Cool, Calm, Collect.

see whether you can contact any of his past trades or references, and see if you can get ANY details, like bank accounts or contact numbers. go forensic....i hope the amount involve is not too big. see whther this guy posted on other forums as well
                  thanks Bro khips,this seller posted many forums..with multiple user IDs.His IP was locked at Puristpro and was banned. Than he uses another nick to sell at Puristpro,this are his IDs at Puristpro.

1.Miguel B. JBARWATCHES
                  2.migcsilva

http://www.connectingwatches.com/for...=1&Author=9423

http://market.watchprosite.com/?show...&ti=463851&s=0

Comment

yeah,thats the one..not true? This case involved 2 very reputable parties leh..even Yeo also replied in the thread. Now that US seller was banned from watchnet..i noticed he also no longer selling /activities since last year november.I heard abt the same seller email threatening emails to buyers challenging buyer into fight. In fact i have spoken to this seller before on the phone..over a rolex watch.
                    yes it's 2 very reputable parties that's why

But then again it's hard to say la...nobody knows the truth except both of them.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Sorry to hear abt your unfortunate incident. Hope everything turns out well for you.
                      The seller's name sounds like a variation of another notorious seller banned on watchnet. Maybe from same family?
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        yes it's 2 very reputable parties that's why

But then again it's hard to say la...nobody knows the truth except both of them.
                        doesn't make any sense for them to put up drama-mama..last year when it happened i was following the thread.To me i think that angmoh nvr ship the PP.And angmo later got problem with buyers,than following by banned.He stop all activity since last year november...

Comment

doesn't make any sense for them to put up drama-mama..last year when it happened i was following the thread.To me i think that angmoh nvr ship the PP.And angmo later got problem with buyers,than following by banned.He stop all activity since last year november...
                          eh louie turn into ultraman!
                          ok back to topic, i think in these current times, better to avoid internet transactions. even sellers with impeccable reputations can turn bad. do a search on some of the rolex forums and you will buyers getting burnt by sellers who had great references etc etc during the last crisis. and you do not want to be THE buyer when such sellers turn bad...
                          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                          three times is enemy action and
                          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                          ."

Comment

no disrespect to anyone. but i cannot understand how is it possible to buy an item of value more than 100 without having to look, feel and touch?

we all use our hard earn money to buy watches. call me old fashion, but i rather go to a AD to buy even though it is like 200-300 more. for me, it is a piece of mind. no doubt that some special pieces cannot get locally, no choice, let it go. as my shifu mentioned, wait for the watch to come to you.

maybe those who have done so can provide their reasons/rationale.
                            Last edited by triton; 11-02-09, 07:13 AM.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                              eh louie turn into ultraman!
                              ok back to topic, i think in these current times, better to avoid internet transactions. even sellers with impeccable reputations can turn bad. do a search on some of the rolex forums and you will buyers getting burnt by sellers who had great references etc etc during the last crisis. and you do not want to be THE buyer when such sellers turn bad...
                              now me change to amazing Bobby Yeah like what bro ender says,even with gilak references better not part your hard earned dollar.. better to see feel touch pay walk a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                no disrespect to anyone. but i cannot understand how is it possible to buy an item of value more than 100 without having to look, feel and touch?

we all use our hard earn money to buy watches. call me old fashion, but i rather go to a AD to buy even though it is like 200-300 more. for me, it is a piece of mind. no doubt that some special pieces cannot get locally, no choice, let it go. as my shifu mentioned, wait for the watch to come to you.

maybe those who have done so can provide their reasons/rationale.
                                'Kong Liao Bo Sa La'.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X