Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olivia Ong - nice music

Hi All

Wanted to intro this Sporean singer which recently came to fame due to her song on e Little Nyonya.

Bros here who listens and appreciates must have a listen to this singer.

Olivia Ong, オリビア・オン, born 2 October 1985 is a Singaporean singer. She sings mostly in English but developed her career singing in English and, later, Japanese.

Likened to Seiko Matsuda, she won a singing contest and was signed to a Japanese recording company S2S Pte Ltd at only 15. Olivia, along with 2 other singaporean girls formed the japanese pop group, Mirai. Their first single, Open Up Your Mind, was 1 of the theme songs in the japanese anime (Gensoumaden Saiyuki).

After taking her O-level examinations in Singapore, Olivia moved to Japan to further her studies as well as her career as a solo artist. In Japan, she became a member of a Japanese pop (J-pop) group called Mirai, before she released her bestselling début, "A Girl Meets Bossa Nova" at only 19. With her sultry, soulful, pristine and innocent vocals, she reinterprets Frank Sinatra's hits such as "Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars", among other jazz and pop numbers. She is one of the new wave of Singaporean talent being exported internationally. So far, Olivia is the only pop sensation exported exclusively to Japan; previous stars such as Mavis Hee, Kit Chan, Tanya Chua, Stefanie Sun, Michelle Saram etc, have only been exporting to the Greater Chinese market.

(Source from wiki)

Discography:
    2005 - A Girl Meets Bossanova
    2005 - Precious Stones
    2006 - Tamarillo
    2006 - A Girl Meets Bossanova 2
    2007 - Fall In Love With

Just gotten e best of Olivia today, e other albums are very hard to find here though.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Oliva Ong... very nice...

I have Best of Olive and A girl meets Bossanova 2. Two of her CDs...

Comment

I have heard most of her albums. Good light voice but still some way to standard of my fav Bossa (Lisa Ono) and even our own Corraine May. Nevertheless, good potential.

Comment

Have 3 of her albums and love her voice
        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

All e albums are nice. I like Corrinne May as well.
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X