How does the budget 2013 affect you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ac_wong75 View Post
    Looking the amounts of posting here one can help to see that there were so many things in the budget but the one thing that people care about seems to be cost of Cars..... ;-)
    yup agree wif u on tis lolz! Thankfully i don't own a car & most likely will not unless i get a windfall?

Rolex owner since 2010
    Previously owned:
    Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
    GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
    Current collection:
    Datejust 36(116234) V serial
    GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
    Upcoming/Wishlist:
    "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Just my take.
      We should count our blessing. We have a roof over our head, a good job (depend on how you look at it ) and able to indulge in our hobbies (expensive one compare to most people). We shouldn't complain about other luxuries products. We should complain there is not enough money put into pro-creation (I tot that is the number 1 problem to solve), not enough money put into childcare (fee very high), not enough money for the poor and needy (do we need so much reserve?),....etc

Comment

More details.

Well, we do get $200 top up to medisave.

Medifund 1 billion top up is not for 99.9% of the people.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Mr Watcha, thanks for the info. I am still missing one piece of info...what type of cars have OMV = or < $20,000?
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

1.6 Japanese / Korean car.

Toyota corolla, Hyundai avante, nissan latio, chery QQ, perodua kelisa.

I think Mazda 3, Honda civic exceeded.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

Gum sia. Looks like the OMV also fluctuates/increases over time...or not?

Pai sei, know very little about car. I choose car like I choose gf - look front, look back, go inside feel shiok, on liao.

Comment

Watcha, are you dealing with cars? Or anybody in SGROC dealing with cars? Can give a heads up on future COE price?

Comment

I m not dealing with cars. I agree with Mr Throttle that the COE will go down.

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                  Watcha, are you dealing with cars? Or anybody in SGROC dealing with cars? Can give a heads up on future COE price?

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
                    Moving to malaysia is not a good idea.

Safety is number 1 concern. The country is too big to control.

U think u can wear ur expensive wtch everywhere? Confirn kena robbed within 6 mths. U think ucan park ur bmw anywhere? Wait kena window smashed. U think ur wife n gf can just wear their diamon necklace everyday? Confirm kena snatched by bikers. Even if u have the money to buy luxury items u qouldnt because there is no occasion to wear it n too troublesome to worry about it.
                    Bro, i agreed with you on moving to MYsia may not be a good idea. However, I do not agree with these 2 statements.

"U think u can wear ur expensive wtch everywhere? Confirn kena robbed within 6 mths."

I have many MYsian frens wearing expensive watches and not all of them kena robbed within 6mths. To be honest, majority of them NEVER get robbed.

"U think ur wife n gf can just wear their diamon necklace everyday? Confirm kena snatched by bikers."

I have many MYsian female frens wearing their diamond neckalce everyday. None of them kena snatched by bikers.

Sorry no offend bro. Just stating the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                      Bro, i agreed with you on moving to MYsia may not be a good idea. However, I do not agree with these 2 statements.

"U think u can wear ur expensive wtch everywhere? Confirn kena robbed within 6 mths."

I have many MYsian frens wearing expensive watches and not all of them kena robbed within 6mths. To be honest, majority of them NEVER get robbed.

"U think ur wife n gf can just wear their diamon necklace everyday? Confirm kena snatched by bikers."

I have many MYsian female frens wearing their diamond neckalce everyday. None of them kena snatched by bikers.

Sorry no offend bro. Just stating the facts.
                      M'sia very big, maybe some states/cities have higher crime then the others?

Or could be a matter of heng-sway, hehe.

Comment

I m not dealing with cars. I agree with Mr Throttle that the COE will go down.

The government has the visibility on the loan pattern prior to the measure.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          M'sia very big, maybe some states/cities have higher crime then the others?

Or could be a matter of heng-sway, hehe.
                          What I am trying to put accross is... dun anyhow use "confirm" lah... if like that, all jewelly shops in MYsia can close liao.. no one dare to buy what...

Comment

Wat i am trying to say is if do the exact same way like u do in sg. U will get rob in malaysia.

In sg we can wear rolex, tt, full gold, pp without worry. Go geylang wear them also can. Ur wife wear big diamod ring n necklace everyday everywjere also can.

In malaysia im sure if u want to protect urself. U will think twice n reconsider before u make any decision. Like u will think where r u going today n if its too risky to wear tt or full gold to get attention. Or if its too risky for wife to wear diamond ring to shopping mall cus u may get followed back. Or mayb u think ok i will b in the car all the way till the office so its safe to wear full gold today just need to make sure i lock the car door so that i dun get robbed stopping at traffic light etc

Sg police dares to use the slogan 'low crime doesnt mean no crime'. In malaysia yhe police face thick thick say malaysia is 1 of the safest places in the world n crime rate is dropping. Bull**** loh

Comment

N ppl still buy gold from jewellery shop but guess wat? After buy will keep in bank safe directly n Only take out to wear during big occassions. U r actually also taking the risk of getting robbed after u buy alot of jewellery cus ppl may mark u from outside. In sg i can just keep in my room.

If u read malaysian newspaper u will know the robbery is ridiculous n the way they do it is also ridiculous. Youtube stomp have abit too nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by diapers View Post
                                To treat the ailment, you have to first treat the root.

I think we the citizens are the root of most problems.

FT issue largely stemmed from the lack of talents or the choice of jobs we deem as ideal. If i own a company, i would most prob employ all foreigners if i had the option to. Cheaper, less complaints, mostly more dilligent, and specifically from certain countries, more value for money in ratio to the degrees they hold. We are just too choosy and fussy most of the time.

It really depends on how one views issue/things.
                                Phrases like these are not formed without grounds; to eliminate a gang, catch its leader first (擒贼先擒王), a crooked top yields jerky bottom (上梁不正下梁歪).
                                And I think Singapore do has talents and potential that are overlooked.
                                Last edited by alantannottam; 01-03-13, 12:48 AM.
                                在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X