This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    maybe i should consider to go and smoke like a chimney in front of Darkangel.
    your chimney different from other ppl 1 lor more power!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
      i'm still not sure if i can make it...darkie bro, so far who's going ah??

cheers

james
      james, got a quote for you:

Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock.
      Ben Hecht

just stumbled upon it, tot u might find it interesting
      It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
      Alexander Pope

Comment

guys, my apologies, next time i buy makan. making you guys switch back and forth.
        It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
        Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
          james, got a quote for you:

Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock.
          Ben Hecht

just stumbled upon it, tot u might find it interesting
          indeed bro darth...things are moving so fast and ever changing even as we speak now...
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I will try to make it but Sunday got makan with Parents in law.

Comment

guys, my apologies, next time i buy makan. making you guys switch back and forth.
              khips, really hope to meet you in person soon to chk out your watch collections! I make sure i got my trusty camera with me to take pictures of them!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                khips, really hope to meet you in person soon to chk out your watch collections! I make sure i got my trusty camera with me to take pictures of them!
                just a small collection, nothing to shout about bro. till the next time....everyone must bring at least 5 pieces to be mutually molested!!!
                Alexander Pope

Comment

just a small collection, nothing to shout about bro. till the next time....everyone must bring at least 5 pieces to be mutually molested!!!
                  gees..the expensive ones i got only 3 of them.Cheapo ones got plenty...

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    gees..the expensive ones i got only 3 of them.Cheapo ones got plenty...
                    mate, cheap or expensive is but perception. most of us got a few "cheap" ones, becoz of the path we took to our horological pursuits....eg buying every 2-3 months, thus always same budget. as we mature, we start to buy selected pieces only. then to be "higher-end". its inevitable. one can only skip this if one is loaded from the start.

to be frank, these days, with prices collapsing....just wait for few more months, definately can buy cheaper. look out for Sincere related brands....
                    Alexander Pope

Comment

mate, cheap or expensive is but perception. most of us got a few "cheap" ones, becoz of the path we took to our horological pursuits....eg buying every 2-3 months, thus always same budget. as we mature, we start to buy selected pieces only. then to be "higher-end". its inevitable. one can only skip this if one is loaded from the start.
                      very true.. expensive watches do not necessarily mean good watches. value of a watch is determined by how much you treasure and love it and not measured by $$. i have some old watches acquired really 'cheap', to me they are very good and rare.

btw, possible to arrange for session in weekdays (lk Friday night)? w-ends = family day

Comment

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
                        very true.. expensive watches do not necessarily mean good watches. value of a watch is determined by how much you treasure and love it and not measured by $$. my 2cts

btw, possible to arrange for session in weekdays night (lk Friday)? w-ends = family day
                        keke,bro sunzhi you rite..

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                          sincere related brand? i hope it is franck muller....hehe. if lelong....i might just buy one to wear.
                          wait till apr results.....alot of AD hoarded inventory will have to be thrown out, when banks refinance their inventory.
                          Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
                            very true.. expensive watches do not necessarily mean good watches. value of a watch is determined by how much you treasure and love it and not measured by $$. i have some old watches acquired really 'cheap', to me they are very good and rare.

btw, possible to arrange for session in weekdays (lk Friday night)? w-ends = family day
                            agreed mate....alot of younger collectors forgot how "cheap" watches were in the 90s. now we are but back to circa 2003-2004 prices for most makes. we are gonna head to possibly 50% discounts to lists. some will drop more then others.

at the end of the day, buy a watch for keepsakes. in a way horological pursuits reflects one's life pursuits as well. price points, mechanical complications and brand entry tracks your advances in life.

i still got old Titonis i collected as a secondary school boy
                            Alexander Pope

Comment

It's ok bro!

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
                              I will try to make it but Sunday got makan with Parents in law.
                              Hope to see ya!

5 pieces! heh...I got a total of 3 only..d-oh!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

agreed mate....alot of younger collectors forgot how "cheap" watches were in the 90s. now we are but back to circa 2003-2004 prices for most makes. we are gonna head to possibly 50% discounts to lists. some will drop more then others.

at the end of the day, buy a watch for keepsakes. in a way horological pursuits reflects one's life pursuits as well. price points, mechanical complications and brand entry tracks your advances in life.

i still got old Titonis i collected as a secondary school boy
                                Bro same here, got a few Titonis but not working liaoz.. my pagol still workin fine.
                                "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X