Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        fxxx, my thread becomes a chop post count thread
        lol
        劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by ljuay
          My deepest sympathy for you. This thread is never about affordability but a question of Choice. For those who pay $30 for chicken rice doesn't mean that they are rich and for those who pay $3 for chicken rice doesnt mean they are poor or stingy. It's a matter of choice. lets not be too self righteous about this.....
          Finally I have a 知音人 here

It saddens me to realize that so many people in this country cannot look at an issue beyond monetary term.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Let me share with you all two stories.

A lady colleague of mine, an android phone user, upon receipt of the notification in whatsapp that it would be expired in a couple of days, promptly proceed to purchase the yearly subscription for fear that she would no longer be able to use it otherwise. Now she feels very stupid because she is the only one in the office who did that, while those who didn't pay got the service extended.

In a way she got penalised for following the instruction and for being an appreciative user of the app. Who put her in such a situation? Where is the consistency?

A friend of mine, another android user, has a big family and is very close to all his family members though they don't live together. Very often, they use whatsapp to communicate. He wasn't aware that he would eventually has to pay, and he isn't happy about having to pay "suddenly". But then he told me he would still pay because all his family members are using whatsapp and it would be easier for him to just pay instead of to persuade all of them to switch to another app. You say there is this clause along the lines that says the charges will eventually kick in, if you bother to scroll down and read before installing it. If that the best you can do in term of transparency?

Whatsapp only allow you to communicate with people who has the same app, much like the online chat on computer, or playing a game together with your friends on online mode. Once you establish it as your main tool of communication within your network of friends and relatives, it is very hard to drop it. The challenge of the developer is to get people to start using it (or "get hooked" in my term) and then spread it out. I suppose the smart and innovative developer of whatsapp is aware of that. They really have invented an innovative way to increase revenue while making sure they don't force users to switch to another app.

I wonder those who happily pay now will still feel the same if the charges increased say, every other year, or change from yearly to monthly subscription, maybe because the cost of the developer had gone up or the business is expanding.

I wonder if the other developers will follow suit after seeing the success of such it-looks-free-but-actually-chargeable business model. As an individual, all I can do is to not build my life around these kind of stuff, FB inclusive.

Some of you may still not agree with my view. That's ok.

Some of you may think I am stupid in spending so much time in this topic. And that's ok too.

Eventually I might pay if I need it, say, for my job. For now I standby my stupid belief - 君子爱财,取之有道
            Last edited by pegasi; 21-02-13, 09:59 AM.

Comment

will pay for it as long as its less than 2 dollars

Comment

buy iphone... solve the 0.99 problem.. LOL :X

Comment

Don't trust Whatsapp's privacy & security. As in, I don't trust them with my private data.

Comment

It's a personal choice i believe, cos some ppl will pay no matter the cost while others might not pay even if it's $0.99??? I'll jus stick to sms if the cost is not justifiable lolz!

Rolex owner since 2010
                    Previously owned:
                    Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                    GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                    Current collection:
                    Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                    GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                    Upcoming/Wishlist:
                    "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

i'll pay...most of my friends use only whatsapp

Comment

I'll pay due whatsapp is cheaper then sms in long run, also can data transfer
                        past collection
                        Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                        Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

I didn't pay. There seems to be a problem with whatsapp on my bb. It asked me to pay but then I no renew it auto give me renewal.

Comment

My BB whatsapp has been extended yet again till 2014 March, 3rd extension so far

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by busfreaks View Post
                              I didn't pay. There seems to be a problem with whatsapp on my bb. It asked me to pay but then I no renew it auto give me renewal.
                              I think it is not a problem but their "tactics" haha.

Comment

Will pay if not free cos just send 2 pics is worth back the $$ paid.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X