Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help . watch getting scratched even with utmost care.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason why you may get more scratches irregardless of what cloth you use is that you need to ensure that the cloth u using is free of 'dust particles' irregardless of how fine they are.

even if you use those cloth that are meant for cleaning lenses of your spectables, you need to keep it as clean as possible.

bottom line is dont be too concern about preventing your watch from being scratched. it is bound to happen sooner or later. just wear it and enjoy the experience of it on your wrist.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Triton is right. End of the day, we bought our watches to enjoy. But if we are too concern with the watches , we become a slave to it. Which my wife had always say. And come to think of it, she may be true...

Comment

HI All, just to share, there is 2 type of polish. For shinny or gloss surface, you can use the polishing cloth called Cape Cod. As for hairline finished metal, you have to use the fibreglass pen called the Scratch Pen.

Please note that you can only use the cloth on shinny surface and the Pen on the hairline surface. If not, you will get an opposite effect.

Also, if you are using the Scratch Pen, please remember to polish to the floe of the hairline.

I just bought both the polish for my Panerai which have matt and polish surface and I must say, it really works and I am really amaze!
        Tag Heuer 1500 Series - 1995
        Pam164 - 2006
        Chopard Grand Turismo XL Limited Edition - 2007
        Breitling Sky Avenger - 2009
        IWC Top Gun - 2010

Target :D :D :D :D

Rolex GMT 2C - TBA

Comment

Originally posted by red3443 View Post
          HI All, just to share, there is 2 type of polish. For shinny or gloss surface, you can use the polishing cloth called Cape Cod. As for hairline finished metal, you have to use the fibreglass pen called the Scratch Pen.

Please note that you can only use the cloth on shinny surface and the Pen on the hairline surface. If not, you will get an opposite effect.

Also, if you are using the Scratch Pen, please remember to polish to the floe of the hairline.

I just bought both the polish for my Panerai which have matt and polish surface and I must say, it really works and I am really amaze!
          Thought i heard someone says that the cape cod is only for the matt finish? on the bracelet...

The Cape cod cannot be used for the shiny surfaces?

By the way, where can we get the scratch pen? what if there are a number of hairline scratches?

Thanks in advance and thanks for sharing

Comment

Cape Cod is for shinny surface. I have used it personaly and it works. The Scratch Pen works just like those pen eraser. You just rub it according to the flow of the hairline where the scratch happen. Fyi, the scratch pen is actually made of fibre glass.
            Tag Heuer 1500 Series - 1995
            Pam164 - 2006
            Chopard Grand Turismo XL Limited Edition - 2007
            Breitling Sky Avenger - 2009
            IWC Top Gun - 2010

Target :D :D :D :D

Rolex GMT 2C - TBA

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
              Thought i heard someone says that the cape cod is only for the matt finish? on the bracelet...

The Cape cod cannot be used for the shiny surfaces?

By the way, where can we get the scratch pen? what if there are a number of hairline scratches?

Thanks in advance and thanks for sharing
              See this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/CAPE-COD-POLI...mZ270297577445
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Thanks

Think JW is selling the Cape cod polishing cloth as well. However, dunno where to get the pen...

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
                  Thanks

Think JW is selling the Cape cod polishing cloth as well. However, dunno where to get the pen...

its available at Rochor Centre, level 2. Shop name something something Brothers. quite remember exactly

Comment

cape cloth is also available at DIY stores in shopping malls for $7.90..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X