Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help . watch getting scratched even with utmost care.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duct tape or a tennis wrist band, but even then you are going to have microscratches at least.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      duct tape or a tennis wrist band, but even then you are going to have microscratches at least.
      so watches not for the wrist but for the safe keeping..than wouldn't it be so tiring to just wanna to touch or look at your watch,got to remove tear away all the tape etc...

TS,i was like you so heartache when notices the first scratch on my watch..but come on,ask yourself will i be so tiring and stressful just to keep looking out for scratches on my watches. Unless you don't wear your watch after purchased than possible to have it in mint condition. Otherwise, you are sure to get scratches..even not knocking to anything it can also have hairline scratches from your long sleeve shirt...(i'm not kidding) Enjoy your watch,and remember to remind the service centre to do a good re-coating job on your watch on your next watch service.

Comment

For minor scratches on shiny parts can try cape cod polishing cloth or use braso. But don't polist to often as the metal get thinner.

Comment

i realised that ironically enuff, the more care i took, the more i was scratching my watch. now that i've adopted a less 'concerned' attitude, i havent incurred any huge hits. haha

regards,
          inf1d3l

Originally posted by joelim89 View Post
          recently i bought a glycine incursore limited edition bj edition. the case is sand blasted .. im getting a lot of fine scratches . i made sure when im out i dont rub into anything and i give the utmost care ... sadly i found 6 scratches ranging from long to small ones. how do i remove the scratches. what could be causing it . its a sand blasted case so i cant just polish it off without changing the colour and shine . its a matt black colour.. any tips and advise would be appreciated .. cheers

Comment

wearing a watch is like driving a car.
            the best utmost care is put the watch in the safe(park your car in a individual house With Car Park).
            Happy Owner of
            ----------------
            Ball Iono (Work)
            Rolex GMT Master ll "Z"(After Work)
            Nike Hammer*Black(Sport Wear)

Wish-List
            ----------------
            White Dial Rolex(Daytona or Exp2) for dressy.
            FM Crazy Hour(blue).

A cheap battery preown winder(2 watch), pm me if you got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Ho View Post
              For minor scratches on shiny parts can try cape cod polishing cloth or use braso. But don't polist to often as the metal get thinner.
              haha.. i ever thought of using braso.. but i dont dare try on rolex.. i only try on other cheap metal.

Comment

Hmz

My thoughts are just simply wear and enjoy them and treat them right. If it can be solved by 100+ odd dollar's polishing job at the AD then it shouldn't be something which should trouble you.

Comment

I realise my GMTIIc TT having more hairline scratch after cleaning with the cloth provided by Rolex. Is there anyway I can avoid it getting worse?

Comment

on the polished surface? most likely not.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Stop wiping the watch unceasingly.

Watch care commented more scratches as you wipe the watch , the hairline scratches, especially.
                      Do note.

Comment

I think it is same for cars... the more you wash, the more "spider-web" you got... unless you keep watches in safe, it will eventually get some scratches when you wear them...

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
                        Stop wiping the watch unceasingly.

Watch care commented more scratches as you wipe the watch , the hairline scratches, especially.
                        Do note.

Comment

Warning, do not use braso on your rolex... tried it myself, instead of the matt look on the bracelet, become shiny... Then send it back for polishing and got back my matt look... "phew"

Don't use your shirt or any cloth to wipe your watch, only cause more hairline scratches. Use those cloth that comes with a spec purchase.

Comment

think JW sells a special type of clothe for polishing your bracelet. My father in law uses this clothe to clean his rolex and i must say... it works... hahaha

Comment

Cape cod cloth?? For brushed surface is fine if u know how to do it but NOT on shiny/glossy surface.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

So on glossy surface what should I clean with? Fine scratches is so obvious under certain lighting and can't help cleaning it cos trap dirt n finger print.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X