Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing to cut 10,000 jobs, starbucks to cut 6,700!!!; Toshiba to cut 4,500!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But some foreign talents don't come cheap...

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
    Ya la damn sian. Employer sure hire them as its cheaper.

Comment

dont come cheap nevermind...... performance matters. just like you buy a car. the chery QQ can get you from A to B. but a lexus LS430 can also get you from A to B.

in times of bad economic times, gambling industry receives the biggest chunk of any handout. I guess its time for me to buy into marina bay too
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

According to media report, Ebel retrenched 25 people ,Zenith 24 people.
        Obviously the crisis has hit the luxury branches, and they expect to see more retrenchments from watch industry.

Apparently Zenith employed 270 people. 24 people = 9% of their total workforce. Quite significant in my opinion.
        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Correct.... very bad... my friend is in the management level of a local company, forced to work 4-day week but in actual fact, still have to work 6 days a week...sianz...

Originally posted by Hary View Post
          According to media report, Ebel retrenched 25 people ,Zenith 24 people.
          Obviously the crisis has hit the luxury branches, and they expect to see more retrenchments from watch industry.

Apparently Zenith employed 270 people. 24 people = 9% of their total workforce. Quite significant in my opinion.

Comment

Nissan to cut 20,000 jobs - Again another giant fall

TOKYO: Japan's Nissan Motor Co. said Monday it would cut 20,000 jobs worldwide and forecast a net loss of 265 billion yen (US$2.9 billion) in this financial year to March due to the economic crisis.

Nissan posted a net loss of 83.2 billion yen in the fiscal third quarter to December, blaming the global economic slowdown and the strong yen.

Chief executive Carlos Ghosn, who salvaged Nissan from near bankruptcy when he was parachuted in from Renault a decade ago, said the automaker's "worst assumptions on the state of the global economy have been met or exceeded."

"The global auto industry is in turmoil. Nissan is no exception," he said.

Nissan said it would shrink its global workforce in the next financial year to March 2010 from 235,000 to 215,000.

"In response to this crisis, which is not of our making, we have to reevaluate our global headcount," Ghosn said.

Nissan made an operating loss of 99.2 billion yen in the third quarter as revenue tumbled 34.4 per cent to 1.82 trillion yen.

Nissan sold 731,000 vehicles worldwide in the third quarter, down 18.6 per cent from a year earlier.
            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X