No announcement yet.

Its about PARENTHOOD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is singapore a really stressful society to grow up or is it like you mentioned parents afraid to lose.

i would probably explain to her that there are exception for special cases such as this where h is a consonant. or i would say this is english history where it was laid down many years/centuries ago. just like somethings we do is because it has been 'preset'

just like there is alot of salt. where alot is plural so have to use are etc.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    I do agree with you that Singapore is a really stressful society to grow up in...

While I am chatting with you guys in this watch forum, my wife is chatting with others mummies in other forum about schools, tutions, piano lessons, etc... It is not that I don't love my little girl but I just believe that kids should grow up on their own "naturally". Do what they like and as a parent, we don't need to mold them into what we want...

BTW, my girl is 5 year-old. She asked me a question which I don't know how to answer her recently. She told me that her teacher taught her any words starting with A, E, I, O, U should use 'an' instead of 'a'. Then she asked me why we use "half an hour" leh?? I know it is due to the pronounciation of "hour".... but.....

Any bros know how to explain this to a 5 year-old girl? Stress.....
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thank you thank you... maybe its time for me to get her an English tuiton... ha ha ha...

Originally posted by triton View Post
      is singapore a really stressful society to grow up or is it like you mentioned parents afraid to lose.

i would probably explain to her that there are exception for special cases such as this where h is a consonant. or i would say this is english history where it was laid down many years/centuries ago. just like somethings we do is because it has been 'preset'

just like there is alot of salt. where alot is plural so have to use are etc.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        no parents want to see their child do poorly. regardless of race, it is natural to see parents be supportive and pushing of the child potential.

of course some parents take it to a level too extreme.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          when i asked the GP in s'pore to prescribe Amoxilin or Augmentine...... she look at me and say why i need such a high strength antibiotic. i was then told that it is very high strength antibiotic. however in oz, we take these antibiotics like taking lollies
          I think there was a directive in Singapore to restrict the use of antibiotics a few years ago....as it was prescribed too freely....& risked losing their effectiveness eventually.

U mean OZ still prescribes antibiotics quite freely?

Any docs here who can help to clarify?

Comment

....She told me that her teacher taught her any words starting with A, E, I, O, U should use 'an' instead of 'a'. Then she asked me why we use "half an hour" leh?? I know it is due to the pronounciation of "hour".... but.....

Any bros know how to explain this to a 5 year-old girl? Stress.....
            Hi, I think it's quite a common misunderstanding...u actually said the answer...it's words starting with the 'sound' of A, E, I, O, U instead of 'spelling' of A, E, I, O, U.

Comment

Yes, but do you explain this to a Five year-old girl???

stress....

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
              Hi, I think it's quite a common misunderstanding...u actually said the answer...it's words starting with the 'sound' of A, E, I, O, U instead of 'spelling' of A, E, I, O, U.

Comment

Yes, but do you explain this to a Five year-old girl???

stress....
                Yes...not so much explain...but read out the sound for them...

Arrr

Iiiii

Uuuuu

Ehhhhh

Ohhhhh

Like when u learn Japanese

Maybe any bro here who teaches can enlighten us?

Comment

Ballwatch, thanks for explaining. I have read out the following to her 10000000000X... in the end, she still ask me, "why?"

Stress.... vomit blood....

Yes...not so much explain...but read out the sound for them...

Arrr

Iiiii

Uuuuu

Ehhhhh

Ohhhhh

Like when u learn Japanese

Maybe any bro here who teaches can enlighten us?

Comment

I think there was a directive in Singapore to restrict the use of antibiotics a few years ago....as it was prescribed too freely....& risked losing their effectiveness eventually.

U mean OZ still prescribes antibiotics quite freely?

Any docs here who can help to clarify?
                    yes Oz prescribe antibiotics very freely. for me, i can even ask the dr to give me . excuse = travelling, part of my med kit
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Ballwatch, thanks for explaining. I have read out the following to her 10000000000X... in the end, she still ask me, "why?"

Stress.... vomit blood....
                      Haha...sorry I Kay Kiang only

Teachers!!! Any Teachers here???

Comment

Teachers!!! Any Teachers here???
                        Paging UncleLau UncleLau, please report to the information counter, thank you
                        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          yes Oz prescribe antibiotics very freely. for me, i can even ask the dr to give me . excuse = travelling, part of my med kit
                          Hmmm....strange...I tot the Medical profession would have some kind of global practice/procedures.

In Singapore, the difference I noticed was:

After: Unless quite serious condition, GPs usually won't prescribe antibiotics. But if you dun recover, they'll likely prescribe on second consultations.

Previously: Antibiotics prescribed without too much restraint, except emphasizing you have to complete the course.

Comment

I think in sg, as long as you having fever and sore throat, GP will give you antibiotics...

Hmmm....strange...I tot the Medical profession would have some kind of global practice/procedures.

In Singapore, the difference I noticed was:

After: Unless quite serious condition, GPs usually won't prescribe antibiotics. But if you dun recover, they'll likely prescribe on second consultations.

Previously: Antibiotics prescribed without too much restraint, except emphasizing you have to complete the course.

Comment

Yes bcos sore throat are very prone to develop into a bacteria infection...

Before going to GP, when the symptoms just developed, pls try guggling with salt water, it really helps.. and also, WEAR A MASK to avoid spreading the virus to your family....
                              If you see a fella about 30something wearing a mask in your neighbourhood, its probably me.. Our family practice that very conscientiously...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Anyone have a nice place to bring your family with kids for dinner?? Places where is child friendly and have a play corner for kids while the adult enjoy their dinner??

Previously there was globe-trotters but they closed down liao....
                                My list of places to share are :
                                1) Go go bambini (Dempsey) -> personally feel tjat the food is not value for money and its not a very hygenic place for kids less than 3yr to go. Alot of expats and Ang Mo kids who plays it rough and rowdy..
                                2) Fidgets (Turfcity) -> Huge place for kids to run wild and adults to have tea, snack, light food
                                3) PS Cafe (Dempsey) -> Nice place but food alittle expensive
                                4) Scumptious (Turfcity) -> Not been there as twice gone there but they've closed.. no dinner served there as it closes at 6pm... Will be going there tomorrow
                                5) SOL Playground (Turfcity) -> Average food, unhygenic indoor play corner... If your kids are older, their outdoor playground is ok I suppose...

Pls share your list and personal comment if any..

Cheers!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                                - GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X