Its about PARENTHOOD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its about PARENTHOOD...

I think a good number of us have kids in this forum... Thought of starting this thread due to the recent flu my kid suffered.... Its really heart warming to have brothers here to express their concerns and share their knowledge..

For this parenthood thread, feel free to talk about your kids:
    - Behaviour problems (Terrible Twos)
    - Tuition classes / nurturing / enrichment classes etc (Gymboree, Kumon, Shinshida, Julia Gabriel, Yamaha music classes etc etc...)
    - PSLE, O Level, A-Level.. eh.. think University is alittle to far ahead lah hor...
    - Primary school registration
    - recent episode of flu outbreak
    - Toddler hang out, fun places to bring your toddlers kids

I think it will be very heart warming to know more about your other pride and joy (non-watch related ones.. )

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Like I've shared in another thread (dun wana OT there), my boy was down with a flu bug for more than a week.. started from a cold / runny nose on the 19-Jan and subsequently developed into a phlegmy cough on 23-Jan. After visit to the GP and medication from them, his condition did not improve significantly...

GP diagnosed he had a bacteria infection (hence the antibiotic med Augmentine prescribed) but after 5 days, his symptoms did not improved but detoriated till he vomitted 3 nights in a row when he was just going to bed... Kan Cheong father bought him to PD this time and was relieved to learn that its the nature of a viral bug that would take two weeks to go away.. no medication necessary unless symptomatic ones to help him when he sleeps.

Just to share something I know but overlooked (bcos am a KC father)
    * Viral bug -> Need your own body to fight the bug.. Medicine will not solve the problem but only relieve the symptoms.
    * Bacterial bug -> Need antibotic to treat. If untreated, can cause alot of problems especially to toddlers....

Since my son's symptoms have been on-going for a week plus, the good news is that he can't get any worst and is already at the peak of the symptoms, so he will gradually get better...

See him unable to sleep well and go into coughing fits really heart ache.... hai.. guess thats what parents go thru again and again and again.. (this is not the first time he caught a bad flu actually.. but still...)

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Yes. Empathise with you. When children fall ill, it's always the parents (other than the kids) who also suffered. Whenever my children fell ill, I've always had this feeling/thinking that I hope the illness would get tranferred to me and to leave them immediately . Some thoughts to share.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

according to my family doctor. there are close to 1000 virus. so on average have to visit the doctor once a month till they are 10 years old. as u have mentioned, the body has to develop its own 'antibiotics' to counter.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          according to my family doctor. there are close to 1000 virus. so on average have to visit the doctor once a month till they are 10 years old. as u have mentioned, the body has to develop its own 'antibiotics' to counter.

your family doctor must be rich anyway happy chinese new year to u and your family

Comment

Ya.. Ive read it b4 in some mag... but fortunate for me is that he didnt fall sick until he was about 18mths.... I think breast milk also help alot with his immunity... it was after changing to forumla that he got his first bulk of flu...

Originally posted by triton View Post

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

you've said it! breast milk is the best.

my 1st son was breast fed till he was about 1+ yr... my daughter till she was about 11+ mths and my youngest son till he was about 6+ mths....

i can see the difference in their immunity level. my first is generally ok, my second got sensitive nose and throat issues as well as needs the puff and my youngest son has got very bad bronchital issues and now and then needs the puff as well...

sigh.... should have delayed and insist that my mrs breast feed my children longer...
              In The Bag
              Him
              Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
              Her
              Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
              Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

my 3 kids all on breast milk .. hmmm.... all til at least 1 yr... hehee ... the youngest 1, now 14 mths, only at night nia... the first 2 slowly quit breast milk whn they start taking more solid ... hehehe ... if overflow, i help clean up wastage ... hahahhahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post

GP diagnosed he had a bacteria infection (hence the antibiotic med Augmentine prescribed) ...
                  when i asked the GP in s'pore to prescribe Amoxilin or Augmentine...... she look at me and say why i need such a high strength antibiotic. i was then told that it is very high strength antibiotic. however in oz, we take these antibiotics like taking lollies

Originally posted by pet View Post
                  my 3 kids all on breast milk .. hmmm.... all til at least 1 yr... hehee ... the youngest 1, now 14 mths, only at night nia... the first 2 slowly quit breast milk whn they start taking more solid ... hehehe ... if overflow, i help clean up wastage ... hahahhahahaha
                  champion!
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Parenthood?? I am a parent too. Very stress topic... I rather talk about watches here to relax myself....

Comment

Really?? From my understanding, its the most commonly used (maybe also the most convenient to GPs) antibiotics to address most bacteria and infection strains... I reckon by that, it means the mildest that has the widest hit rate..

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      when i asked the GP in s'pore to prescribe Amoxilin or Augmentine...... she look at me and say why i need such a high strength antibiotic. i was then told that it is very high strength antibiotic. however in oz, we take these antibiotics like taking lollies

champion!

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Riot as usual lah ah Pet.. hahahahah

Originally posted by pet View Post

Stressful?? Hmm.... I can understand so you stay on the watches topic, no problem.
                        I choose to enjoy parenthood as I am indeed blessed by God's grace to have two beautiful kids... The elder one is very defiant but is extremely adorable when he is affectionate.... I've seen kids who runs riot but we too were one at their age...
                        I recognise that Primary school enrollment, PSLE, Tuition, Exams etc etc are huge challenges but well, we do want the best for them and being alot older than them, can handle the stress better than them.... Sadly, Singapore is a really stressful society to grow up in........

I guess I choose to take positive affirmations. And I DO see the results rub off on my boy...
                        Frankly, I started on the disciplinarian path.... but that too rub off on him which had a negative influnence on him... That made me do alot of soul searching frankly... His two extreme behavious is the direct impact of the approach I choose to take... I am only glad that I have the luxury of time to correct it before it sets into his character...

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        Parenthood?? I am a parent too. Very stress topic... I rather talk about watches here to relax myself....

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

I do agree with you that Singapore is a really stressful society to grow up in...

While I am chatting with you guys in this watch forum, my wife is chatting with others mummies in other forum about schools, tutions, piano lessons, etc... It is not that I don't love my little girl but I just believe that kids should grow up on their own "naturally". Do what they like and as a parent, we don't need to mold them into what we want...

BTW, my girl is 5 year-old. She asked me a question which I don't know how to answer her recently. She told me that her teacher taught her any words starting with A, E, I, O, U should use 'an' instead of 'a'. Then she asked me why we use "half an hour" leh?? I know it is due to the pronounciation of "hour".... but.....

Any bros know how to explain this to a 5 year-old girl? Stress.....

Stressful?? Hmm.... I can understand so you stay on the watches topic, no problem.
                          I choose to enjoy parenthood as I am indeed blessed by God's grace to have two beautiful kids... The elder one is very defiant but is extremely adorable when he is affectionate.... I've seen kids who runs riot but we too were one at their age...
                          I recognise that Primary school enrollment, PSLE, Tuition, Exams etc etc are huge challenges but well, we do want the best for them and being alot older than them, can handle the stress better than them.... Sadly, Singapore is a really stressful society to grow up in........

I guess I choose to take positive affirmations. And I DO see the results rub off on my boy...
                          Frankly, I started on the disciplinarian path.... but that too rub off on him which had a negative influnence on him... That made me do alot of soul searching frankly... His two extreme behavious is the direct impact of the approach I choose to take... I am only glad that I have the luxury of time to correct it before it sets into his character...

Comment

agree reg the breastfeeding
                            read from somewhere (cant remb where though) that antibodies from the mother is passed to the baby via breastmilk.. particularly of some IgA type tt offer protection against mucosal infection including flu. also heard tt breastmilk is also good for the baby's cognitive development. that breastmilk babies have average of 7 IQ points higher than non-breastmilk babies..

World Health Organization has also recommended sole breastmilk feeding for at least the first 6mths of age.

not sure how true these are.. i'll try to find out the source...

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                            you've said it! breast milk is the best.

my 1st son was breast fed till he was about 1+ yr... my daughter till she was about 11+ mths and my youngest son till he was about 6+ mths....

i can see the difference in their immunity level. my first is generally ok, my second got sensitive nose and throat issues as well as needs the puff and my youngest son has got very bad bronchital issues and now and then needs the puff as well...

sigh.... should have delayed and insist that my mrs breast feed my children longer...

Comment

Riot as usual lah ah Pet.. hahahahah
                              drink abit also keep me healthy ... hahahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X