Which one should I get? SubLV vs. SantosXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metank, Can you do me a favor?

Show the picture of the Cartier watch and Rolex watch to your wife and ask her choose... Thank you!

Originally posted by Metank View Post
    Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Give Me All Your Rolex!!!

I wanted to buy a pam005 from kenkelvin but when i bring my gf to Cortina at city hall to see the watch. She was like, "Hubby why are u gonna spend $6350 on a watch that looks like it's from BUGIS Street?" I was like LOL wtf hunny that's a panerai. So instead of getting the pam005 i bought a daytona instead. Guess alot of people that ain't into watches won't know other brands but when it comes to ROLEX it means $$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol. my experiences la. Prolly people around me don't know that there are actually more Swiss brands that cost more then rolex Lol.

Comment

I wanted to buy a pam005 from kenkelvin but when i bring my gf to Cortina at city hall to see the watch. She was like, "Hubby why are u gonna spend $6350 on a watch that looks like it's from BUGIS Street?" I was like LOL wtf hunny that's a panerai.
      all the paneristis sian liao
      Opportunities come once

Comment

Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Give Me All Your Rolex!!!

I wanted to buy a pam005 from kenkelvin but when i bring my gf to Cortina at city hall to see the watch. She was like, "Hubby why are u gonna spend $6350 on a watch that looks like it's from BUGIS Street?" I was like LOL wtf hunny that's a panerai. So instead of getting the pam005 i bought a daytona instead. Guess alot of people that ain't into watches won't know other brands but when it comes to ROLEX it means $$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol. my experiences la. Prolly people around me don't know that there are actually more Swiss brands that cost more then rolex Lol.
        same with my wifey!!! we went to cortina and she said exactly the same thing!!!!(one thing different..i still bought the pam)....after some new straps and people noticing her Pam...she begins to grade the Pam as same level as Rolex....

first thing first...get a watch magazine to 'educate' your partner...once she sees that the 'bugis' watch is actually on more pages than rolex in the magazine...she will be poisoned!!!
        Watches kept for the next generation...
        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
        Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
        Omega Speedmaster Date
        Sinn U1

Comment

The reason of getting a Santos is also because Cartier is quite a well-known brand. The watch has a classy and expensive look. If buying it at $7k+, I think it is quite worth it. I love AP ROO also. But if I would buy AP ROO, I will look for the limited edition ones... but very expensive leh...
          Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
          same with my wifey!!! we went to cortina and she said exactly the same thing!!!!(one thing different..i still bought the pam)....after some new straps and people noticing her Pam...she begins to grade the Pam as same level as Rolex....

first thing first...get a watch magazine to 'educate' your partner...once she sees that the 'bugis' watch is actually on more pages than rolex in the magazine...she will be poisoned!!!

Comment

I think the reason why our wives think PAM looks like "bugis" watch is also partly because the big watch trend and also with MM around....

So PAM seems becoming more "common", as if like everyone can afford one...

Originally posted by Mille View Post

Comment

Any more votes coming in?

Comment

Lol.

I guess other bro's are facing problems like mine eh, i don't know much about u guys but whenever i wanna do a big purchase. I have always got to seek her advice, End of the day. She is holding on to my bank book and cards LOL. But of cause if i really like it. I would just grab too. So bro 116520. u have gotten enough support. So what say u?

Comment

Don't be sad!

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                  Mille, don't be sad. i love panerais too. but it's just that i Rolex > panerai. But of cause up each of his own. lol.

Comment

Honestly, SantosXL Chrono and SubLV is completely different watch...

SantosXL Chrono should compared with Daytona but no fight... ha ha...

Looking at the poll result, I am surprise that SantosXL is very closely matched with SubLV (even in this Rolex forum)... so my heart has leaned towards to Santos now...

Recently, I am looking around for a SantosXL Chrono but not so easy... on the other hand, there are many SubLV around, BNIB, LNIB, used...many many... you know lah, there is no fun to get something that can get easily.

I guess other bro's are facing problems like mine eh, i don't know much about u guys but whenever i wanna do a big purchase. I have always got to seek her advice, End of the day. She is holding on to my bank book and cards LOL. But of cause if i really like it. I would just grab too. So bro 116520. u have gotten enough support. So what say u?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X