Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one should I get? SubLV vs. SantosXL

New Year thinking of getting New watch.

Which one should I get? Either one due to $$$ constrain... Rolex Sub LV (BNIB) vs. Cartier Santos 100 XL Stainless Steel Chronograph (2nd hand LNIB)

Please tell me whatz your choice and why.... thanks bro!

vs.

Rolex SubLV (BNIB)
    58.33%
    Cartier Santos 100 XL Stainless Steel Chronograph (LNIB)
    41.67%

I voted for Cartier, not as common as Sub LV, and I find Santos is pretty cool.
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Noted! Thanks!

Originally posted by Hary View Post
      I voted for Cartier, not as common as Sub LV, and I find Santos is pretty cool.

Comment

Hmm... I really love to own the LV.... its on my wish list. Common but its still a real statement!

Cartier to me is more a designer thingy.... I like their french tank series more...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Sub LV...need not think any further! Haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Noted! Thank you. Thank you!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            Hmm... I really love to own the LV.... its on my wish list. Common but its still a real statement!

Cartier to me is more a designer thingy.... I like their french tank series more...
            Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Sub LV...need not think any further! Haha

Comment

I hv a SeaDweller and a Santos100.... both I loved very much... Sub LV is very nice.... but i've always felt that green is not very easi to go w my wardrobe.... rollie has a better resale value in case u wanna change or upgrade watches.. or in sudden need of $$$.... if u really love both... but the sub 1st... when u get tired of it... sell n change to Santos...... or save n get another... my 2 cents worth....

Comment

u come here ask which watch to buy, a rolex v non-rolex.

of course it has to be rolex.

as mentioned before. what you like to have in your watch collection? unless im mistaken, you are a rolex fan, then again, have you finished your rolex collection? if not, get the sub lv.

are you looking for design/looks?
                are you looking for movement?

unless im mistaken again, you will go for movement, then ur choice is clear.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

depends on what you've in your collection now..

if you like chunky watch, Santos XL is a good choice..it's versatile as an office and casual watch.

resale value?? both are ok actually....some may disagree and think that LV command a better resale.

Price wise..cartier brand new definitely costs more than SubLV. Pre-owned Cartier chrono XL costs as much as a brand new Sub LV if not slightly more ex...

cheers

james
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Buy and wear and trade for another... good idea... but I afraid I will fall in love with SubLV and never trade it.... ha ha ha...

Originally posted by yeeming74 View Post
                    I hv a SeaDweller and a Santos100.... both I loved very much... Sub LV is very nice.... but i've always felt that green is not very easi to go w my wardrobe.... rollie has a better resale value in case u wanna change or upgrade watches.. or in sudden need of $$$.... if u really love both... but the sub 1st... when u get tired of it... sell n change to Santos...... or save n get another... my 2 cents worth....
                    Yes yes bro, talked to you face to face before on this topic... ha ha... still thinking of it and dreaming of it... now is just doing a little surveying before making a decision. Talked to many people and the result is still 50/50. HOW??

You mentioned movement. Movement wise, rolex better, rite?

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    u come here ask which watch to buy, a rolex v non-rolex.

of course it has to be rolex.

as mentioned before. what you like to have in your watch collection? unless im mistaken, you are a rolex fan, then again, have you finished your rolex collection? if not, get the sub lv.

are you looking for design/looks?
                    are you looking for movement?

unless im mistaken again, you will go for movement, then ur choice is clear.
                    The problem is my collection consists of 80% Rolexes... the other watches I have is a very very old TT Santos, a very very nice tudor and a very very beautiful PAM.

My wife says my collection is "boring" but I don't think so.

Talking about resale, I will never buy BNIB Santos, will loss a lot. That's why I only consider 2nd hand. SubLV I will get BNIB as price has fallen so much recently. I am also considering 2003 LNIB too...

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                    depends on what you've in your collection now..

if you like chunky watch, Santos XL is a good choice..it's versatile as an office and casual watch.

resale value?? both are ok actually....some may disagree and think that LV command a better resale.

Price wise..cartier brand new definitely costs more than SubLV. Pre-owned Cartier chrono XL costs as much as a brand new Sub LV if not slightly more ex...

cheers

james

Comment

my vote goes to santos....the one sitting at your house now needs a partner...
                      Watches kept for the next generation...
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
                      Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
                      Omega Speedmaster Date
                      Sinn U1

Comment

I will opt for the Santos XL. I already have a sub date, and see no point in acquiring another sub with a difference in bezel colour.

Comment

Sub LV for me. Don't think it will be around for long.

Comment

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
                            Sub LV for me. Don't think it will be around for long.
                            Agreed Sub Lv i voted too!

Comment

Have a santos bro ! Just for a change.
                              I personally find that the Santos feels and look as strong the Green LV. Just my feeling bro, you decide !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X