Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't stand Marina Militare Now even have hublot look!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well-said!

This is something I want to hear from our bros here. Different views...

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
    homages are paying tribute to the originals....as long as you know you bought the real mccoy...then you should take it as a compliment when others wore homages...they appreciate the 'real' watch and perhaps they will grow to love the design and buy the 'real' ones later?

i personally dont own any homages...but i dont mind people buying homages at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      First of all, I am not looking down on people who wear copies. I display it online is to voice my personal view on these watches. Of course, there is always bros and sis here who don't see any problem with these watches. I was just surprised that they are producing watches that look like Hublot. BTW, what other designs do they have besides PAM lookalike and Hublot lookalike?

In fact, I should compliment they are doing a Good job copying those watches. At one glance, I thought my friend was wearing a PAM!
      Good to hear that... people may perceive that you are looking down on others.. The air is cleared then..
      In The Bag
      Him
      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
      Her
      Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
      Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        First of all, I am not looking down on people who wear copies. I display it online is to voice my personal view on these watches. Of course, there is always bros and sis here who don't see any problem with these watches. I was just surprised that they are producing watches that look like Hublot. BTW, what other designs do they have besides PAM lookalike and Hublot lookalike?

In fact, I should compliment they are doing a Good job copying those watches. At one glance, I thought my friend was wearing a PAM!
        Aiyo, last time I already voiced out about Marina Militares liao, but obviously, some owners of MM's challenged me to the definition of hommages. Panerai has recently taken official legal action against some retailer of such marina militare hommages that are NOT produced by Officine Panerai themselves, so the definition is clear: Officine Panerai's legal action against Naples Watches

So yeah, I share the same views with TS. I do not have problems with ppl wearing such replica or hommages (if anyone likes to call them). What disgusts me are the unofficial manufacturers of such watches.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Destro22BT, yes yes, you did voice out about MM liao. Why I started this thread is because I am surprised to see that they are making watches which look like Hublot now!

Maybe they got sued by Panerai and now try their luck to see whether will Hublot sue them as well... ha ha....

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
          Aiyo, last time I already voiced out about Marina Militares liao, but obviously, some owners of MM's challenged me to the definition of hommages. Panerai has recently taken official legal action against some retailer of such marina militare hommages that are NOT produced by Officine Panerai themselves, so the definition is clear: Officine Panerai's legal action against Naples Watches

So yeah, I share the same views with TS. I do not have problems with ppl wearing such replica or hommages (if anyone likes to call them). What disgusts me are the unofficial manufacturers of such watches.

Comment

In fact I am not looking down on others who wear MM. What my chicken rice seller story is to perceive the embrassment I had with my friend who wear such watch. Or maybe I am too into watches, so the first thing that came to my mind was he was wearing a PAM!

So the lesson learned is that we have LOOK properly at others watches before making any comments/compliments. Esp nowadays they have watches which look exactly like Hublot too...

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
            Good to hear that... people may perceive that you are looking down on others.. The air is cleared then..

Comment

Originally posted by billykueek View Post
              I am just curious here, wouldn't MM be considered copying since Pam has patented the crown? For countries like Japan, would the MM then be considered a copy and hence illegal?
              *paging for destro22et*you got to ask destro22et, i think he wrote a thesis on this issue once
              all i remember is that recently, richemont commenced legal action against some hommage/ replica maker leading to ebay stopping all sales of such replica/ hommage, not sure how it turned out.
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

Aiyo, mai lah.... my thesis kenna left right center from sarporkers of MM's then... If someone tells me my definition is wrong and points me to another established forum saying that the mods at the other forum specifies that the term hommage refers to sterile watches, and it checks out to be true, I'll humbly retract my thesis and grade myself an 'F'. But what I found hilarious is that the proof I found in the other forum clearly supports my 'hypothesis'. But that's part and parcel of getting a Masters/PHD mah Furthermore, this is a forum, and it's for information sharing...of the right kind.

Bro 116520, I have experienced something similar before, complimenting a dude's 'PAM', only to have him reply 'err.... it's a fake....' followed by an embarrasing silence...
                --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Yo bro, so it a can or cannot? Legal or not?

Aiyo, mai lah.... my thesis kenna left right center from sarporkers of MM's then... If someone tells me my definition is wrong and points me to another established forum saying that the mods at the other forum specifies that the term hommage refers to sterile watches, and it checks out to be true, I'll humbly retract my thesis and grade myself an 'F'. But what I found hilarious is that the proof I found in the other forum clearly supports my 'hypothesis'. But that's part and parcel of getting a Masters/PHD mah Furthermore, this is a forum, and it's for information sharing...of the right kind.

Bro 116520, I have experienced something similar before, complimenting a dude's 'PAM', only to have him reply 'err.... it's a fake....' followed by an embarrasing silence...
                  [FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by billykueek View Post
                    Yo bro, so it a can or cannot? Legal or not?
                    Bro billykuek, I'm not in a position to say whether it's illegal to wear a replica or not. Maybe bros in the legal arena could voice out a little and help out?

But so far I've not heard of anyone in singapore getting caught wearing a Marina Militare. I bet personal use is alright, many of our bros here wear the RXW MM20 (which was legally outlawed, but dun get me wrong again, it's a very well built watch IMO) but I'm not sure about the legal implications of wearing it overseas. Officine Panerai's case against Naples Watch Co. has been spelt out very clearly. MMs, as long as not produced as a hommage by Panerai themselves are legally viewed as replicas.

If I were a frequent overseas traveller, I'd get myself a cheaper traveller's watch with multi timezone/GMT function such as a used Breitling Aerospace or B1, Omega Speedmaster X33, Seamaster GMT. Or if you do like the heft of big watches, want it to look different and not too branded, a Seiko Marine Master, Darth Tuna Can, Gold Tuna Can will be a good fit. They do not cost too much and look good.
                    --Groucho Marx--

Comment

I have experienced something similar before, complimenting a dude's 'PAM', only to have him reply 'err.... it's a fake....' followed by an embarrasing silence...
                      I'm sure a few of us have done it before. A bit embarrasing

Comment

I have 2 friends who have Pams as well as MMs. While I don't look down on them, I will not buy one myself.

As long as people don't use MMs and try to cheat others to believe its a Pam or for the matter a Hublot.

Comment

Hommage, Replicas or Fakes are different perceptions.

Those jewelleries sold for 100yuan in Shen Zhen...most will call them fakes.
                          Those Taiwan made sports rims of their Italian counterparts....most call them replicas
                          Hommage?

Comment

Hmm... think I'll stick to my Pam 88K or JLC GMT when traveling lah, save the hassle threading on thin line.

[QUOTE=Destro22BT;130035]Bro billykuek, I'm not in a position to say whether it's illegal to wear a replica or not. Maybe bros in the legal arena could voice out a little and help out?

But so far I've not heard of anyone in singapore getting caught wearing a Marina Militare. I bet personal use is alright, many of our bros here wear the RXW MM20 (which was legally outlawed, but dun get me wrong again, it's a very well built watch IMO) but I'm not sure about the legal implications of wearing it overseas. Officine Panerai's case against Naples Watch Co. has been spelt out very clearly. MMs, as long as not produced as a hommage by Panerai themselves are legally viewed as replicas.

If I were a frequent overseas traveller, I'd get myself a cheaper traveller's watch with multi timezone/GMT function such as a used Breitling Ae<textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="width:540px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">
                            Bro billykuek, I'm not in a position to say whether it's illegal to wear a replica or not. Maybe bros in the legal arena could voice out a little and help out?

If I were a frequent overseas traveller, I'd get myself a cheaper traveller's watch with multi timezone/GMT function such as a used Breitling Aerospace or B1, Omega Speedmaster X33, Seamaster GMT. Or if you do like the heft of big watches, want it to look different and not too branded, a Seiko Marine Master, Darth Tuna Can, Gold Tuna Can will be a good fit. They do not cost too much and look good.

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Ya man hahaha, for both parties too.

Originally posted by Carz View Post
                              I'm sure a few of us have done it before. A bit embarrasing

Comment

just to share some a thought...most of all wld have heard how when you go to europe, you can actually be fined for carrying fake stuff, not sure if it extends to replicas/ hommages but why chance it?
                                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                                three times is enemy action and
                                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                                ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X