X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david.tan View Post
    gs air diver

Swee leh. What's the purpose of an "air diver" besides telling time? For diving from the top of the building?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Swee leh. What's the purpose of an "air diver" besides telling time? For diving from the top of the building?

explanation from one of my GS fever fren

"In diving terms, air diver means using normal compressed atmospheric air which is 21% oxygen and the balance nitrogen, co2, etc.
      Many people have the misconception that diving involves an oxygen tank. If one breathes pure oxygen for a prolonged period, you would die of oxygen poisoning.

There are other forms of diving such as EAN (enriched air nitrox i.e. increased oxygen ratio of up to 32%) and tri-mix helium (introduction of helium as a 3rd factor which is an inert gas and has no effect on the human body system apart from the mickey mouse voice) for deep dives below 200 feet/ (60m)

This GS diver watch is designed for use for the basic recreational diver using normal compressed atmospheric air of up to 200 feet (60m) penetration. I have written another comment on 200m dive watches in another thread somewhere. No one apart from COMEX divers needs more than even 150m if it is a dive certified watch as max. for recreational diving is 60m..

Anyway no one uses a dive watch to calculate dive time anymore since the last 15 yrs, any serious diver uses 2 dive computers (1 backup) which computes everything like your dive profile, body temp, ambient temp and also gives you much more bottom time compared to US Navy charts + dive watch.
      Dive watches are only to tell people on land that you r a diver or diver wannnabe…." - Sir Joseph

Comment

My Wrist shot for today. Not some fancy branded watch. Just a normal quartz. But I pretty like the design though. Have a great weekend to everyone in SGROC!

Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

"In diving terms, air diver means using normal compressed atmospheric air which is 21% oxygen and the balance nitrogen, co2, etc.
          Many people have the misconception that diving involves an oxygen tank. If one breathes pure oxygen for a prolonged period, you would die of oxygen poisoning.

There are other forms of diving such as EAN (enriched air nitrox i.e. increased oxygen ratio of up to 32%) and tri-mix helium (introduction of helium as a 3rd factor which is an inert gas and has no effect on the human body system apart from the mickey mouse voice) for deep dives below 200 feet/ (60m)

This GS diver watch is designed for use for the basic recreational diver using normal compressed atmospheric air of up to 200 feet (60m) penetration. I have written another comment on 200m dive watches in another thread somewhere. No one apart from COMEX divers needs more than even 150m if it is a dive certified watch as max. for recreational diving is 60m..

Anyway no one uses a dive watch to calculate dive time anymore since the last 15 yrs, any serious diver uses 2 dive computers (1 backup) which computes everything like your dive profile, body temp, ambient temp and also gives you much more bottom time compared to US Navy charts + dive watch.
          Dive watches are only to tell people on land that you r a diver or diver wannnabe…." - Sir Joseph
          K, k, learn something new today. Thank you.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

A great start to 2013!

Wind it up and let the good time follows

Comment

Nice info... I'll stick with my DSSD It's just perfect for a swim in the pool.... hahaha
              ROLEX.

Comment

Swee Bro!!

Originally posted by Horology View Post
                A great start to 2013!

Rolex GMTIIC
                BR01-97
                PAM 183
                PAM 372

Tudor Blackbay
                Helson SharkDiver Bronze

Comment

Hi my son help teach me to upload

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by crusnik View Post
                    Swee Bro!!
                    Thanks bro! A Sub for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cbm View Post
                      [IMG]. [IMG]

What an inspiring collecting and an IT savvy son you got! Keep it coming!

Comment

Comment

Very nice bright luminous shot on your AP black themes. I think this is the only AP ROO have lumimous on the dial. Congrats bro sgwatch.

[QUOTE
                          [/QUOTE]

Here's mine gathering of the green luminous

Gathering of the blue LUME

Comment

1 3 5
                            ├┼┼╕
                            2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post

I your Fiddy too!!

And yes, the dome is different!! Nice meeting you!
                              Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Hey bro... Nice chatting with you last night! Here's one more.

1 3 5
                                ├┼┼╕
                                2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X