Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with intimidation law? Can I make a police report for records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with intimidation law? Can I make a police report for records?

I have this mad cow IT manager from my other sister company. Due to some disagreement we had due to some previous infrastructure projects. He is relatively unhappy with me.

Last friday when I called him to arrange the pickup of some equipments from the datacenter.

He made a big fuss and told me on the phone that he is very unhappy with me. Do I know who he is? He is in the management level and can screw me up easily and make my life difficult.

I felt offended and threaten by all these. I do not know what he meant by "can screw me up easily and make my life difficult"? Whether will he physically harm me? Can I make a police report online just for records and to safe guard myself?

BTW, that IT manager is a FT.

So sorry to hear about your case. I am no lawyer no experts in this field. I have worked long enough here in Singapore to witness or even experience such behaviour. Unfortunately, yes this is very common in our local work environment. More so when your superior felt threaten and the need to suppress you to keep his job.

I could offer you a solution but the least you could do is to record every incidents and try to make as many people aware of what is going on. also keep records of what he has threaten, said, directed or otherwise. The best if to get yourself a lawyer but that is cost. If your immediate supervisor is someone that you can rely on, good to keep him posted of the development. BUT if he isn't, it may back fired.

Ultimately, if a company cannot take good care of his staff, it is also timely to start looking around. In some instances, such set back can be a blessing in disguise. A happy working environment is important but you cannot be running away from your superior everytime you have a problem.

Remember, the person above you can influence the boss over time. If he has access to him and drop a bit of hint each session, they add up! Protect yourself and more networking. Unfortunately, working hard alone today isn't the answer to a good worker.

Comment

hmm, i don think this is considered intimidation. but prob can bring up to MOM when you have unfair treatment bah..
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

First is he your reporting superior? If he is then it will be going to be tough for you. If he is not, then both be even border with him.
        Keep your immediate superior informed on what's happening, maybe he can help, or at least he know whats happening and is prepared to stand on your side.

Comment

If he is someone that can costs u your job, then it tough. If he cannot do anything to u, don't bother about him. U can even tell him to try lor. FT? haha i think he should be more worried then u for losing the job. Do not worry k bro

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
            Report to your supervisor n keep HR inform.
            Escalate to next level if your supervisor do not want to be involved.
            Bro. He is not even in a way the managed me. He just thought he is the asia pacific IT head before the HQ let him in charge of some projects. My management side always tell me to ignore this mad man. But right now the target is on me and not them. That FT is feeling bitter because I pulled out from his expensive shared network and implement my own internet / network facilities and caused him too pay out extra cost. I am saving money for my company.

Comment

Originally posted by shopiao View Post
              So sorry to hear about your case. I am no lawyer no experts in this field. I have worked long enough here in Singapore to witness or even experience such behaviour. Unfortunately, yes this is very common in our local work environment. More so when your superior felt threaten and the need to suppress you to keep his job.

I could offer you a solution but the least you could do is to record every incidents and try to make as many people aware of what is going on. also keep records of what he has threaten, said, directed or otherwise. The best if to get yourself a lawyer but that is cost. If your immediate supervisor is someone that you can rely on, good to keep him posted of the development. BUT if he isn't, it may back fired.

Ultimately, if a company cannot take good care of his staff, it is also timely to start looking around. In some instances, such set back can be a blessing in disguise. A happy working environment is important but you cannot be running away from your superior everytime you have a problem.

Remember, the person above you can influence the boss over time. If he has access to him and drop a bit of hint each session, they add up! Protect yourself and more networking. Unfortunately, working hard alone today isn't the answer to a good worker.
              Bro. I told my management side that he is unhappy because I saved cost for my company and pulled out from his shared network. If they does not wanna handle this then I will handle it my own way, complaining to the HQ is Japan. In the end Japan side will ask why I never go through the hierarchy, they will also kenna because they knew it and refused to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                First is he your reporting superior? If he is then it will be going to be tough for you. If he is not, then both be even border with him.
                Keep your immediate superior informed on what's happening, maybe he can help, or at least he know whats happening and is prepared to stand on your side.
                He is not managing me and handling my appraisal. He just thought himself to be the asia pac IT head because the HQ put him in charge of some projects.

He is like poking his nose into my side since 1 1/2 years ago and my management knows about. But they say just ignore that mad man. Say is easy, right now the target is on me.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                  If he is someone that can costs u your job, then it tough. If he cannot do anything to u, don't bother about him. U can even tell him to try lor. FT? haha i think he should be more worried then u for losing the job. Do not worry k bro
                  No lah bro, he is not in charge of me. Just a siao guy who thinks he is very aay sai u know? But my management side seems weak, I told them about this and they say ignore him. Right now he even dare to threaten ppl. In business ethics this is totally wrong. You can write e-mail to fight out in reasoning but you cannot threaten ppl on the phone. Either I will write to HQ in japan or my management do something. Right now is either he goes or I go. Else he is gonna pester me every now and then. I am thinking of doing something serious enough to get him sacked, even when I forgo my own job.

Comment

Leslie bro, did you record what he said on the phone with you? Any evidence to support what he said to you, email? If none, its like 空口说白话. I had the same situation like yours many yrs ago, face off with a supplier! Yaya papaya, thought he ang kart my boss to back him up lol!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                      Leslie bro, did you record what he said on the phone with you? Any evidence to support what he said to you, email? If none, its like 空口说白话.
                      I've checked. It is almost impossible to record someone who wanna scold u during a random conversation. Unless u wanna provoke him before u talk to him. Unless we are MI6. But so long ppl threaten you, you can make a police report to safe guard urself.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                        I've checked. It is almost impossible to record someone who wanna scold u during a random conversation. Unless u wanna provoke him before u talk to him. Unless we are MI6. But so long ppl threaten you, you can make a police report to safe guard urself.
                        It's not impossible, but possible if you aga aga know when he gonna blast again , standby your record buttom or switch to speaker mode! Let your colleague, or someone near you hear and b your witness. If you go to the police, same they would ask you he threatened you but where's the evidence or witness...?

Comment

It's not impossible, but possible if you aga aga know when he gonna blast again , standby your record buttom or switch to speaker mode! Let your colleague, or someone near you hear and b your witness. If you go to the police, same they would ask you he threatened you but where's the evidence or witness...?
                          so that means to provoke him purposely and then record it?

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                            so that means to provoke him purposely and then record it?
                            he already got the nick name siao gu, still need to provoke meh lol...Ask yourself you wanna to live your work life like this to tolerate ppl suka suka threaten you? I guess non of us do...thanks to the technologies today, download the record app via iphone. Or you can get a cheapo digital voice recorder frm ebay. Once you got hold of the evidence you have the ace of spade card in your hand!
                            Last edited by louie; 31-12-12, 03:28 PM.

Comment

he already got the nick name siao gu, still need to provoke meh lol...Ask yourself you wanna to live your work life like this to tolerate ppl suka suka threaten you? I guess non of us do...thanks to the technologies now, download the record app via iphone. Or you can get a cheapo digital voice recorder frm ebay. Once you got hold of the evidence you have the ace of spade card in your hand!
                              i doubt got many chance to record because he seldom speak to me. he is not in my company so i dun speak to him much at all. i was thinking of making a report for record sake and to safe guard myself.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X