Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving my watch home alone

Hi,

I will be away to europe for work for 4 mths soon and i am thinking of leaving my milgauss at home cus dun wanna risk losing it if kena rob or stolen even though the thought of getting wrist shots done at london bridge, eiffel tower, colosseum, pisa etc is very tempting.

Wanna ask u guys if its ok to just let the watch 'die' at home for a few mths like that? Or need/better to let it run by watch winder?

Kamsia

4 months? Should be ok. Read somewhere that it's best to let a mechanical watch runs at least once every 3 months so 4 months is not far off.

Else sell it to me cheap cheap or loan to me I sure take good care of it for you.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

One of the Rolexes my wife has, she only wears it 1-2 times a year. Never use a winder, never service since day 1 and is still running after 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        One of the Rolexes my wife has, she only wears it 1-2 times a year. Never use a winder, never service since day 1 and is still running after 15 years
        Ah, because of you, I finally know what is the plural of Rolex. To be safe I always call them Rollies. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by cnconline View Post
          Ah, because of you, I finally know what is the plural of Rolex. To be safe I always call them Rollies. LOL!
          Haha I also aga-aga one. Don't think there are people who will pick on your English on a hobby forum like this...or are there?

Comment

It's safe! In fact, since you are away for so long, better put inside the safe!

Comment

No problem in leaving at home for a few months.

No problem in wearing at London and post some wrist shots too.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I watch scam city on national geographic until afraid kena lo cus they will know we r not locals.

Singapore is still the safest place in the world to wear expensive watches n park ur expensive car anywhere without much worry.

Ahhhh, still 2 more weeks to decide before i fly off. Really afraid leh

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                  No problem in leaving at home for a few months.

No problem in wearing at London and post some wrist shots too.
                  Theirs so many Billionaires in or holiday in London it's not funny..... in fact on one street (I forgot its name) you'll see multiple Rolls Royce and Bugatti Veyrons along side each other..... with Lambos going past every 5 mins !!!
                  ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
                    I watch scam city on national geographic until afraid kena lo cus they will know we r not locals.

Singapore is still the safest place in the world to wear expensive watches n park ur expensive car anywhere without much worry.

Pls leave your keys under mat.... me and other bro's will come over to prove you wrong... lol :0
                    ROLEX.

Comment

...Singapore is still the safest place in the world to wear expensive watches n park ur expensive car anywhere without much worry.
                      just do what the other member said - buy insurance for it (and take photos of your watch, including serial and model number and keep on CD or usb stick) and wear it overseas without worries. life's too short to worry about being robbed.

i've been robbed at gun point before. i lost a watch and other valuables but they were replaced as they were insured. no big deal though, as they make great stories and experience... and i've certainly had more fun traveling than being robbed.

as for expensive cars parked anywhere in singapore... the car won't be stolen, but depending on what car, it will be damaged if parked "anywhere." no point worrying too, as my dad says... "it is bought to be used and enjoyed, not kept at home and babied!"

p/s: most travel insurance have a cap on "jewelry" (i think 5k max) so make sure you pay a little more to increase the cover.
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

if it was me, i will bring along to europe la....

Comment

London is generally safe except for some pickpockets and minor theif. However, depends on where and how you plan to travel, it will greatly affect ur personal safety. I mean, if u plan to go to dark alleys and stuff, then safer not to wear too much valuables.

Scam city is a documentary and sometimes, such shows exxagerate a bit to increase the viewership
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hi all

Thx for all the advice given. My wife also asked me to just bring it over. Guess i will just b careful with it.

If i may ask 2 more questions.

Mine is a milgauss n not dssd. Will it be ok if kena sea water? Cus we need to be out in the sea working sometimes. In sg i just din wear it whenever i need to go out to the sea. Afraid the water n mainly knocks from handling heavy equipment

N wats this insurance thing? From where can i get the info n quotes?

Thx a lot

Comment

no issues with sea water. i doubt you are going diving with it right?

i think you will be more concern with it getting it.

if you are there for work, your company will need to pick up the tab. else those normal travel insurance will suffice.

click here for aviva insurance

Hi all

Thx for all the advice given. My wife also asked me to just bring it over. Guess i will just b careful with it.

If i may ask 2 more questions.

Mine is a milgauss n not dssd. Will it be ok if kena sea water? Cus we need to be out in the sea working sometimes. In sg i just din wear it whenever i need to go out to the sea. Afraid the water n mainly knocks from handling heavy equipment

N wats this insurance thing? From where can i get the info n quotes?

Thx a lot
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X