New Year New Watch Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year New Watch Part 2

I wonder if you call this fortunate or unfortunate??

some of you might be aware that i've sent my problematic Zenith watch for servicing and it just came back from Swiss Factory after 3 months there.

here's the background for the benefit of those who didn't know:

watch sometimes fast sometimes slow (15 mins or more) or stop completely. i've sent it in to LVMH for 3 tunings/fine adjustments and an overhaul from the local service centre (from under warranty to warranty expired). All in all, it's been sitting at the SC for 4-5 months. After the last overhaul (they extended my warranty for a year since this is a standard from all brands for all overhaul watches), the same problem persisted just a week after collection. LVMH advised me to send the watch back to factory which i did. Watch spent another 3 months there. The watch was back to local SC last week and they monitored for a week. I collected the watch today and guess what??? The watch stopped right in front of the technician! hahaahaa....i couldn't help laughing...they told me the factory did fine adjustments to it plus polishing (funny thing that local SC already did few fine adjustments liao)..

well, they've agreed to change the movement or one-to-one exchange for me so now am waiting for them to check their stock and i'll know by next wed. If SG got no stock of the movements, they may request from factory and i'll have to wait longer.

ask me if am pissed...nope! i've been exceptionally patient with this watch and LVMH and i guess it paid off....now i'll be getting a "new" watch with 2 full years of warranty..New Year New Watch Again!!

oh, if you want to know which Zenith watch...see my signature..Elite movement

cheers

james
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

James.. finally.. your patience paid off... "new" watch... can also help you tahan abit for another watch... congrats... remember to show us your wrist shot of your "new" watch when it comes back...

Comment

Congrats! Now you can increase to 2 watches per month this year as your target

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

mmm.... sold all my zenith last year. had problem with their QC. hands still discolour after 3 change. finally, gave up. you sure are one patience customer.

Comment

Touch wood, my 2 Zenith (Elite and El-Primero) still running strong and accurate after so many years. Brought them recently for regular servicing, no complaint (so far )
          [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
          [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
          [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
          [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
          [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
          [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
            I wonder if you call this fortunate or unfortunate??

some of you might be aware that i've sent my problematic Zenith watch for servicing and it just came back from Swiss Factory after 3 months there.

here's the background for the benefit of those who didn't know:

watch sometimes fast sometimes slow (15 mins or more) or stop completely. i've sent it in to LVMH for 3 tunings/fine adjustments and an overhaul from the local service centre (from under warranty to warranty expired). All in all, it's been sitting at the SC for 4-5 months. After the last overhaul (they extended my warranty for a year since this is a standard from all brands for all overhaul watches), the same problem persisted just a week after collection. LVMH advised me to send the watch back to factory which i did. Watch spent another 3 months there. The watch was back to local SC last week and they monitored for a week. I collected the watch today and guess what??? The watch stopped right in front of the technician! hahaahaa....i couldn't help laughing...they told me the factory did fine adjustments to it plus polishing (funny thing that local SC already did few fine adjustments liao)..

well, they've agreed to change the movement or one-to-one exchange for me so now am waiting for them to check their stock and i'll know by next wed. If SG got no stock of the movements, they may request from factory and i'll have to wait longer.

ask me if am pissed...nope! i've been exceptionally patient with this watch and LVMH and i guess it paid off....now i'll be getting a "new" watch with 2 full years of warranty..New Year New Watch Again!!

oh, if you want to know which Zenith watch...see my signature..Elite movement

cheers

james
            finally collected the watch this morning and LVMH gave me a 2-year warranty because they changed the movement (but retaining my existing movement serial number)..hopefully, it continues to run good time..so far so good...thank goodness!

cheers

james

Current collection
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV

Comment

I would say its fortunate as it is 'new' watch; unfortunate is to go through all e inconvenience. Treat as ur 2nd watch this yr after ur APROO lor hehe
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Bro.. remember to take pic and include inside your thread on your watches...

P.S. Fingers crossed for you on the watch.

Comment

finally collected the watch this morning and LVMH gave me a 2-year warranty because they changed the movement (but retaining my existing movement serial number)..hopefully, it continues to run good time..so far so good...thank goodness!

cheers

james
                  Brother James,

By giving you a new watch and 2 years warranty means, they are going to test your patience for 2 more years!!!!! Plus many trips to LVMH, Factory!!!

Hahaha,

God Bless your new Zenith
                  A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by LimTH View Post
                    Brother James,

By giving you a new watch and 2 years warranty means, they are going to test your patience for 2 more years!!!!! Plus many trips to LVMH, Factory!!!

Hahaha,

God Bless your new Zenith
                    stay positive bro..hahaaha...gloomy global news a lot liao...we must make good outta bad..

singaporean style...when pple tell ya tens of thousands lost jobs...we'll say millions and zillions are still having theirs....haahahaa...so that's why LV got long queue even at this times...

Current collection
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV

Comment

LV long Q is because those aunties want go in see see look look, not many people actually come out with a LV bag...
                      stay positive bro..hahaaha...gloomy global news a lot liao...we must make good outta bad..

singaporean style...when pple tell ya tens of thousands lost jobs...we'll say millions and zillions are still having theirs....haahahaa...so that's why LV got long queue even at this times...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        LV long Q is because those aunties want go in see see look look, not many people actually come out with a LV bag...
                        perhaps bro u're correct..

but the thing is..when u go orchard like polo ralph,coach, gucci and other designer labels boutiques and pple carrying their shopping bags..i just wonder if there's a recession going or not....hahahaa

Current collection
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

True true.... those who are not layoff, still drawing good salary ones are these recession-proof people....
                          perhaps bro u're correct..

but the thing is..when u go orchard like polo ralph,coach, gucci and other designer labels boutiques and pple carrying their shopping bags..i just wonder if there's a recession going or not....hahahaa

Comment

my good pal zenith defy same thing. stopped 2 days after he collected. went back and forth for 3 months. finally, the retailer said will do exchange for brand new watch. my freind refused, said he had lost confidence in Zenith, retailer refunded my friend back his purchase price in vouchers against future purchase. but i told him the retailer surely squeeze you when you return to purchase something else with those vouchers.
                            It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                            Alexander Pope

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X