No announcement yet.

Music Lovers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiber-optic ? Let me make a guess ? BMW or Benz ?
    Last time my 2001 E200ML also running fiber-optic , but i manage to get my installer remove everything and change my whole setup !Hehe...
    Some prefer home audio some car audio , but i must admit , for the same amount of money spent in car and home , home audio wins !
    Too bad , don't really have time to enjoy music at home !
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

sinfoni

Originally posted by oliginal View Post
      Not really highend, running on 4 x steg amp K2/02 but these amp are just not good enough. Was thinking of Sinfoni, any comment on Sifoni ?

Sure bro, got chance can meet up for kopi.
      Bro, IMHO, the sinfoni amps is just too overprice ! Sound quality ok , but i won't pay that kind of $ for their low to mid end amp, I've audit their top of the range amp , call the Desirado or something like that match with Micro P Z series limited , the sound is indeed nice ! But 1 piece of that 2 channel amp set you back around 22k , you need 4 amps to run full active
      For that amount of $ spent , i suggest you look at other option !
      Luxman is 1 very warm and sweet amp ,price range still acceptable !
      The above is just my personal opinion !

Cheers
      Focal JM_Labs .
      "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
        Fiber-optic ? Let me make a guess ? BMW or Benz ?
        Last time my 2001 E200ML also running fiber-optic , but i manage to get my installer remove everything and change my whole setup !Hehe...
        Some prefer home audio some car audio , but i must admit , for the same amount of money spent in car and home , home audio wins !
        Too bad , don't really have time to enjoy music at home !
        My ride is Volvo. I did checked out several installers and most of them (except one) don't even dare to touch. While that one say can... but may lose electronic control of some car functions because everything is integrated.

And also got some horror stories that playing around with electronics caused the car to freeze, etc. So I rather not munck around with a black box.

But ok lah... the stock system is already quite ok.
        The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Oh ok volvo , used to drive a S40 T4 many years ago , manage to change the stock HU, to a double din dvd player , but back than the s40 doesn't come with steering control , i think there is some kind of module to work around the steering control IIRC , but think abit expensive .
          Focal JM_Labs .
          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

wow it seems that not only do we have a common interest in watches, but audio too

my former setup at home: toshiba modded dvd player > ASL OTL32 > beyer dt880. of which i am left with the dvd player . the OTL32 and dt880 is no longer with me :sad: now thinking of getting back into vintage audio again.

recently acquired a pioneer SA740 amp which i shall be modding soon
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

good to see that this thread brought music or audio lovers together.

Now I know who can ask for advice should I be shopping for a home or auto audio system. Hahah

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                Love jazz, new age, spa, chinese and english pop music...
                Thought to start a thread to share our music preference.

I especially take interest in local artist and currently trying hard to find Olivia Ong's CD.. Never knew off her before but the show LITTLE NYONYA's theme song really brought out the beauty of her voice to a first time listener to her...

I am already a fan..

Anybody knows which album is the song 如燕 found? I hear she has 3 albums and am dying to get all three.. Anybody have news where its available, do let me know.. I've tried Borders and Sembawang to no avail..

Cheers...
                i saw a few olivia ong's cd at "that cd shop" at pacific plaza.
                More Good Years , More Good Rolexs

Comment

Haha, nice setup ! Highend one as well !
                  Used to be on F1 9990 + 990 setup , but change to ODR 3 mths ago , still keeping the F1 though, heard that its discon liao .
                  Got chance can meet up to audit your system !

Cheers
                  hi, cld you share your opinion on the sound quality of ODR and F1 since you've owned both?
                  More Good Years , More Good Rolexs

Comment

Em... F1 produce a more analoge sound , vocals seems more powerful !
                    Display not as nice as the ODR ,
                    ODR , clarity is better , can hear more detail from instrument .
                    Display is one of the nicest around !

Both are flagship HU from 2 electronic giants , both have their + point , That's the reason why , i still keep the F1 with me .
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

thanks bro. Will go down and check.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Bro, IMHO, the sinfoni amps is just too overprice ! Sound quality ok , but i won't pay that kind of $ for their low to mid end amp, I've audit their top of the range amp , call the Desirado or something like that match with Micro P Z series limited , the sound is indeed nice ! But 1 piece of that 2 channel amp set you back around 22k , you need 4 amps to run full active
                        For that amount of $ spent , i suggest you look at other option !
                        Luxman is 1 very warm and sweet amp ,price range still acceptable !
                        The above is just my personal opinion !

Cheers
                        Thanks for the info bro.... was recommended the sinfoni class A but after considering decided to hold back cos it going to involve another 10+k for the 4 amps and I still prefer to get watches first. Heehee
                        My Timepieces Collection
                        Rolex DeepSea Seadweller
                        Rolex Explorer II
                        Panerai PAM 00088
                        IWC Portuguese 7 Days
                        Tag Heuer Carrera
                        Tag Heuer Monaco

Desired and waiting
                        Rolex TT GMTIIc

Sold Timepiece : Oris William F1 Day Date, Oris TT3 Grand Prix, Rolex Sub LV, Rolex DJ Turn O Graph, Omega Seamaster P.O 45.5mm, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11, Rolex Explorer II White, Rolex TT GMTIIc, Rolex GMT II Pepsi, Rolex Sea Dweller, Rolex SS Daytona Black, Rolex SS Yatchmaster

Comment

Wah cheem...

Bros.. I suggest why not we have two write up and details to share your experience on Home Audio set up and Car Audio setup? What are the components and their purpose..?? SO for ppl like me who enjoy listening to music nia without the techcnical knowledge can also benefit?

Thinking the write up should be kept to this thread so as to not OVERLY disperse the crowd into too many threads...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Oh ok volvo , used to drive a S40 T4 many years ago , manage to change the stock HU, to a double din dvd player , but back than the s40 doesn't come with steering control , i think there is some kind of module to work around the steering control IIRC , but think abit expensive .
                            I now driving the new S40. Every damn thing is integrated. Even the amp is not just an amp, HU controls are also inside. So after finding out all the potential 'risks' and warranty/servicing issues...I decided to leave the audio stock. I really don't want to wake up turning up my headlight switch and instead the wipers go off.

Actually... good also lah. cannot spend money...
                            The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                              Wah cheem...

Bros.. I suggest why not we have two write up and details to share your experience on Home Audio set up and Car Audio setup? What are the components and their purpose..?? SO for ppl like me who enjoy listening to music nia without the techcnical knowledge can also benefit?

Thinking the write up should be kept to this thread so as to not OVERLY disperse the crowd into too many threads...
                              Actually... its hard to compare between Car vs Home setup.

Nothing much beats having wind in your hair and Marilyn Manson screaming at you after a stressful day at work...

And in the same breath...

Nothing much beats sipping a beer in hand and Olivia Ong serenading you while lazing in a lounge chair...
                              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Bro, just to update you, Friday is NG for me... Need to 'clean' up the house by clearing the amount of unwanted junk at home before CNY.. typical hahaha Fortunately cleaning the house would be my FDW work..

Will arrange another time kae?

True, home and car audio setup are different, thats why I mentioned to have to write ups by those who are more inclined or proficient in it, so as to give a more insight to the setup of a particular audio system.
                                Just descriptive and the result of having a component versus what brand is used. For example :
                                Homesetup
                                - Pre-amp : What is it for... what are the difference in audio quality if this was in your setup than without.. what kind of price range to look at for low, med and high budget etc..

Duno if this makes sense but since there are a couple of audiophile here, thought it would be nice to share and educate on this topic despite we ARE in a watch forum..

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                                Actually... its hard to compare between Car vs Home setup.

Nothing much beats having wind in your hair and Marilyn Manson screaming at you after a stressful day at work...

And in the same breath...

Nothing much beats sipping a beer in hand and Olivia Ong serenading you while lazing in a lounge chair...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X