regarding buying 6694

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding buying 6694

i have received pm asking me @ what price is a 6694 worth. so rather than keep replying in pm, i would share it here.

if you have done your legwork in areas such as the bencoolen, people's park complex. you would have noticed the price of such pieces in the region of 1300. these watches are of course without warranty papers. some of these have re-conditioned dials.

as far as i know on the original rolex dials, there are

1) white/gray with silver markers
    2) yellow/champagne with gold markers
    3) blue with silver markers
    4) black with silver markers
    5) black with gold markers

for pricing, i would pay

a 6694 without box and papers is in the region of 1300
    a 6694 with box and papers is in the region of 2100
    a 6694 with papers is in the region of 1800

there are mainly 2 types of bracelet, the thick bracelet and the thin bracelet where there is a connecting piece between the links

things to look out for when purchasing one

1) check serial number on case lug matches that with papers if any.
    2) check that there are no broken/damaged links especially for thin bracelet.
    3) check for spotting on hands, dials for non-modified dials
    4) check for signs of corrosion on case and case back
    5) ensure that the acrylic crystal is original.

hope that these information helps you when u r buying one. this is because a full service aka full overhaul @ RSC would cost you a region of 400. do note that currently there are still parts in RSC, but the stock are slowly depleting especially for thin bracelet. RSC will not have parts for watches that are more than 40 years from the date it is announced discontinuation.

so do note how long you intend to keep this watch and when u like to bring in for a full service. after that most likely only non RSC technicians can service your watch.

good luck in your purchase.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Great info! Thks for sharing
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

You make me JUMP, Bro!

I read your thread title "Regret buying 6694"

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

Just to add one more original dial i have:

6) blue with gold markers

Comment

Bro Triton,

There's another: silver dial with gold markers. Saw one sold recently through the forum.

So far, most common dial appears to be the black with gold markers.

With box and paper, I have never come across. Can pm shop's name. $2100 is good price for b and p.

Paper only also can. Can pm info of shop selling at $1800. Thk you.

Comment

ok. better clarify abit.

RSC has the following color dials

1) blue
            2) black
            3) silver/white
            4) yellow/gold/champagne

also the following markers

i) silver
            ii) gold

also the following bracelet

II) thick

so it is possible to mix and match all the above combinations. which means technically 8 possible combinations. what i have stated above is the common combination. those with thin bracelet are rare as RSC dont sell them anymore.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

do note that it the pricing i would pay. does not mean the shop or seller willing to sell. i have left my contact with couple of the preown shops to alert me if they got any 6694 with box and papers for sale.

i would say for complete set, very hard. paper only also have. less difficult compared to full set. without box and papers, plenty in the market.

for pricing, i would pay

Originally posted by philinves View Post
              Bro Triton,

With box and paper, I have never come across. Can pm shop's name. $2100 is good price for b and p.

Paper only also can. Can pm info of shop selling at $1800. Thk you.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Bro Triton, thanks; thought got lobang to buy 6694 with b and p. I like gold dial I saw in forum page. Very nice. Like to get one with paper at least. If you seen any, can pass contact.

Comment

i would like you to understand that the prices stated in previous posts are what i feel they are worth. there are many sellers asking beyond my expected buying price. i have encountered a seller who wants to sell me a complete set for 3000. i said to the seller, you keep the watch, i keep my money. i wont be a carrot for you to chop.

so if you feel that the price by any seller is higher, you are entitled to bargain but the seller may not want to sell you. if you feel that the seller's price is your buying price, then get it.

do note that as of today, 6694 is no longer in production. box and papers ones are indeed getting harder to come by, but believe me there are still many lying around. when i first bought one complete set back in apr 2008, i thought it was rare. in the following 9 months, there are at least 2 complete sets that pop up that are within my budget. there are at least another 8 watches with papers. all these are close to my expected buying price. there are also many sets that i have encountered that are beyong my asking price.

as usual. wait for the watch to come to you.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

bro triton, very wise advise.

Comment

Bro Triton, just 1 question.

How do you tell a thin bracelet from a thick one?
                      Any dimensions as a guide?

So much thanks...

Comment

very obvious difference 1...

maybe triton bro can take a pic?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i believe i posted a pic of it in one of my threads , most likely in my 6694 thread
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i have received pm asking me @ what price is a 6694 worth. so rather than keep replying in pm, i would share it here.

if you have done your legwork in areas such as the bencoolen, people's park complex. you would have noticed the price of such pieces in the region of 1300. these watches are of course without warranty papers. some of these have re-conditioned dials.

for pricing, i would pay

there are mainly 2 types of bracelet, the thick bracelet and the thin bracelet where there is a connecting piece between the links

things to look out for when purchasing one

1) check serial number on case lug matches that with papers if any.
                            2) check that there are no broken/damaged links especially for thin bracelet.
                            3) check for spotting on hands, dials for non-modified dials
                            4) check for signs of corrosion on case and case back
                            5) ensure that the acrylic crystal is original.

hope that these information helps you when u r buying one. this is because a full service aka full overhaul @ RSC would cost you a region of 400. do note that currently there are still parts in RSC, but the stock are slowly depleting especially for thin bracelet. RSC will not have parts for watches that are more than 40 years from the date it is announced discontinuation.

so do note how long you intend to keep this watch and when u like to bring in for a full service. after that most likely only non RSC technicians can service your watch.

good luck in your purchase.

thanks for sharing, good advise.
                            bro's any shop there i could buy one.
                            thx in advance.

Comment

there are plenty of shops that sell 6694. most importantly the price they quote, is it your willing buying price.

Originally posted by adr View Post
                              thanks for sharing, good advise.
                              bro's any shop there i could buy one.
                              thx in advance.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X