VC watch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
    I'm really curious...when I was barely 10-12 years old...I remember AP & GP were great watch names...even when I didn't know how to spell them in full (I'm still not sure now , but at least nowadays can check quite easily).

What happened to GP (Girard Perregaux)??? Saw some pre-owned pieces in P*ss**ns website...value like quite far from AP
    GP still around but has never been the same league as PP, VC, AP (or breguet). History wise is also not as long as the 4 brands.

cheers

james
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

for me i think every brand also have their own super good model. AP PP rolex or other top brand also have some models that are so so only.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
        for me i think every brand also have their own super good model. AP PP rolex or other top brand also have some models that are so so only.
        true true...

Current collection
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

For me, I just feel I must have a VC, PP and AP in the collection. And of course, Lange, Rolex, Roger Dubuis, Hoblot, Zenith, Panerai, Ulysee, Cartier, Tag, Bovet, Breguet, BRM, Corum, Freederique Constant, FP Journe, Franck Muller, Gerald Genta, Glashutte Original, IWC, JLC, Richard Mille, Sinn... OMG....
          [FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by billykueek View Post
            For me, I just feel I must have a VC, PP and AP in the collection. And of course, Lange, Rolex, Roger Dubuis, Hoblot, Zenith, Panerai, Ulysee, Cartier, Tag, Bovet, Breguet, BRM, Corum, Freederique Constant, FP Journe, Franck Muller, Gerald Genta, Glashutte Original, IWC, JLC, Richard Mille, Sinn... OMG....
            Good Luck bro !!!...................
            *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by billykueek View Post

Siao leow , Billy.
              You spoke for us all

Comment

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
                Siao leow , Billy.
                You spoke for us all
                so true...this is craziness!! haahaa....we really need to know how many brands are out there. anyone knows so that Billy can get ready the boxes? hahaaa...

Current collection
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV

Comment

GP

Actually GP is the second oldest brand behind VC is regards to continous business. But unfortunately the ADs messed up the brand, thus resulting in bad after market value. GP is actually quite well known for complications.

But then in Europe they crown Blancpain king but over here it is is quite crappy. So ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
                    Think it spell as BREGUET, swiss made since 1775 hehe
                    bro,

breguet was french till ard 1800, when he exiled to switzerland. only pre swiss days are real collectables in international watch markets. those made in switzerland are under contract basis, not built by breguet.

modern day breguet started only in the 70s., when it was bot by Chaumet brothers.
                    It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                    Alexander Pope

Comment

bros here have already mentioned the 3 kings....you can say VC is the old emperor, PP is the king, and AP is the crown prince.

to me(and thats just me), i feel every collection shld have the 3 kings' gentlemen's watch range. beyond that, he shld also collect their sports range, nautilus, overseas and royal oak.

then rolexes and panerais.

then IWCs and JLCs

then german watches GOs and langes.

then the fashion ones like U boat, BnR
                      It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                      Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                        bros here have already mentioned the 3 kings....you can say VC is the old emperor, PP is the king, and AP is the crown prince.

to me(and thats just me), i feel every collection shld have the 3 kings' gentlemen's watch range. beyond that, he shld also collect their sports range, nautilus, overseas and royal oak.

then rolexes and panerais.

then IWCs and JLCs

then german watches GOs and langes.

then the fashion ones like U boat, BnR
                        way to GO bro khips! well described! so easily understandable even a nobbie like me! errr..there this brand i heard about,but seems no one talk abt it. Its Harry winston watches..

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          way to GO bro khips! well described! so easily understandable even a nobbie like me! errr..there this brand i heard about,but seems no one talk abt it. Its Harry winston watches..

Harry Winston, another jeweller brand trying to go horological. good design philosophy, and creating exciting time pieces. do also consider de Grisogono, which has more affordable pieces. all trying to mimick frank muller.
                          Alexander Pope

Comment

Originally posted by darth-khips View Post
                            bro,

breguet was french till ard 1800, when he exiled to switzerland. only pre swiss days are real collectables in international watch markets. those made in switzerland are under contract basis, not built by breguet.

modern day breguet started only in the 70s., when it was bot by Chaumet brothers.
                            Thanks for the info bro, still learning .....
                            *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
                              Thanks for the info bro, still learning .....
                              keen to learn and good to share horological knowledge. like Socrates said : one thing i know, that is i know nothing.
                              Alexander Pope

Comment

never know how to appreciate VC design.

as for PP, only saw a couple of design that i like then again when the price is known, it is like buying a HDB flat.

as for AP, i find it hard to carry off the design. then again, im not too keen as it seems to me that they keep focusing on making limited numbers for their royal oak design. no doubt that they have millenary jules audemars, etc.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X