No announcement yet.

Work as Long as you Can.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in my reservist now... I don't see any 60 year-old in the camp leh...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      I am in my reservist now... I don't see any 60 year-old in the camp leh...
      imagine a 60yr old platoon commander doing fire movement in area D. think haven't complete the first bound already KO liao
      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
      "Foreign affections"
      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
      What's NEXT?

Comment

instead of ah beng serving food at the cookhouse now, I do see many aunties serving food and doing the dishes at the cookhouse...

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
        imagine a 60yr old platoon commander doing fire movement in area D. think haven't complete the first bound already KO liao

Comment

all the ahbeng called to front line duty
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Passion for your Job + Understanding, Supportive Boss = Continuous Old Age Working

Continuous Old Age Working = Continuous Watches Buying

Comment

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
              Passion for your Job + Understanding, Supportive Boss = Continuous Old Age Working

Continuous Old Age Working = Continuous Watches Buying
              BINGO !!!!!!!!!
              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

My dad is in his 70s and he is still working. So is my mum who is just doing some light tailoring at home. Not as if they need to, they want to... They belong to old generation where they believe "the value of work".

Better than sitting at home all day and staring at each other and then the wall, then each other, then the wall, then each other...
                The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

hehe...my PC in reservist is ard 30plus and is veri garang still...dunno at 60 he will have the same garangness bo...btw it is true that the ah bengs are out in the field charging up the hills in reservist....i am one of them...hahahahaha
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                    My dad is in his 70s and he is still working. So is my mum who is just doing some light tailoring at home. Not as if they need to, they want to... They belong to old generation where they believe "the value of work".

Better than sitting at home all day and staring at each other and then the wall, then each other, then the wall, then each other...
                    its important to keep busy, otherwise as LKY has said...... the mind will become lazy. my old man also retired...... everyday playing with carpentry tools even if just polishing up some chisels and sharpening knifes, at least he isnt sitting around staring at the wall.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                      yr of the ox, so be prepared to work like a freaking cow.

age of cpf withdrawal also keep amending north ...62...65..what's next? 70?

i seriously wonder if the policymakers think our country is some magical kingdom where pple can live up to a few hundred yrs old.

hope springs eternal perhaps? crap...
                      wat make u think that policymakers expect pple here to live that long? is a mean that is being charted out. not everyone is suppose to withdraw from the bank. statistically I have written of the CPF $
                      (Big Watch Siao)
                      BALL
                      Rolex
                      Panerai
                      Omega
                      Cartier
                      Panerai
                      IWC

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                        This if implemented totally can up e age for CPF to 75?? hmm..then must get e annuity remember? so tat means ur money u can't touch till age 80 lor
                        No, that means the CPF system is useless!

All said and done about the evils of the welfare system of western countries, they are still there and not gone bankrupt from the weight of welfare handouts. What is wrong now is that the investments have ended up in negative territory.

So, maybe the oft touted ills of a welfare system is wrong and we should adopt such a system to safeguard the livability of ordinary citizens.

If I make my own money and save myself for retirement (which now never comes), then why I bother paying taxes since there is no value added. We can always outsource defence and security to the Ghurkas (the real Ghurkas, not the fake ones you see in the police force).

And we chose to elect local governments much like the Swiss feudal system. Only come together in times of great crisis to fight the external evils. Otherwise, self autonomy for each constituency.

Otherwise, let's en bloc Singapore and buy out Western Australia. Then we can all grow cash crops and retire to an idyllic life instead of being a slave to tiny peices of dirt here.

Comment

I like this topic, thanks for posting it!

I think "work" is relative. If you find something you like to do - is it still consider "work"? For me the answer is no.

We live in exciting times and the world is getting smaller each day. There is simply not enough time to follow the old idea of sitting at home, watching TV, reading a book = retirement.

The word "retirement" should be replaced by "active ageing". Travelling, exploring new hobbies, teaching/sharing your experience are, IMHO, worthwhile pursuits when I am at that age.

Comment

Provided can find a job when we are old. Most can't find a job when they past 50 after retrenched. Then what they do is wash toilet or wash dishes. Do old age people like to wash toilet or wash dishes in food court? Or standing 8 to 9 hrs a day doing sales?? Old already can't stand too long hrs becos legs pain. Moreover now all these jobs are taken up by china or oversea workers.
                            Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                            Rolex LV submariner
                            Rolex TT black submariner
                            Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                            Rolex Non date submariner
                            Rolex Explorer2
                            More...

Comment

Most of us want to work as long as we want, provided the job is manageable
                              according to our physical state and we continue to enjoy respect and a sense
                              of self esteem. But these are difficult to come by.

An uncle is in his seventies and works as a travel agent purely on commission basis. He has no salary. He must do so because his children are not supporting him. Most days he is happy. He feels down when he get stuck
                              on the computer system and younger colleagues are impatient.

A sense of respect is very important when one is old. At food courts, I see
                              older ladies clearing trays and wiping tables. The hours are long and the pay
                              is less than 1000 in most cases. Their reward is a few kind words, a thank you, a smile of gratitude.

With some appreciation, we will continue to work till we can work no more.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X