No announcement yet.

Keeping a pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually i'm thinking of keeping dogs as well , promise my little girl since she 3 years old , now she 4 + still dogless...
    She now knows how to say "Daddy buff me" , haha...
    BTW looking for pug, went to dogfarm a few times but afraid no time to look after due to heavy work load .
    I had a maid at home , but worried she can't cope with the household chores and my 2 lovely kids. Don't wanna let her had a excuse to neglect them.
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

To all would be dog owners here... would not recommend getting dogs from farms, shops, etc.... the dogs from those are usually 'milled' by $ driven people... eg, they keep 2 dogs, keep on breeding them just for the sake of $... So they often over look the impt details like if the dogs have good genes, have any hereditary diseases, etc etc.

If you really want one, read up the details about it, ask yourself if you are willing to commit for 10-15 years, will your kids/future kids be ok with it? Esp those who are planning to have babies soon, Traveling will be more difficult with one...

Btw, i have a Jack Russell.
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

I got a pom....from puppy till now.....at least 7 years old already.

Comment

Pets I have now:

Fishes ie Goldfish/Discus/Red parrot (kissing fish)

In e past:
          Birds - budgerigars (kissing bird)
          Hamsters/Rabbits/Tortoise

Thought of:
          Having Dogs but worried about e fur etc
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

I reiterate. Keeping pets is wonderful but please be responsible. It's cruel if it's just "for the fun of it". I've had fish, terrapins and most troublesome, rabbits. All liao. Commitment is very important. So now even if children want to, my answer is simply NO! It later grew me to keep another kinda' animal . Keeps me physically healthy .
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

keeping a pet is a life time committment.. basically they are like kids.. need attention.. love and care...

sick bring dem see doc.. play with them.. bath them.. groom them etc etc..

you have to ask yourself if you have da time for them in da first place.. usually couples without kids would opt for a pet... but den sometimes down da road when they have their own baby again da pet may be in da way as pets are not usually "welcome" for new born or young children...

sometimes is just a moment of spur you see da dogs so cute etc or you maybe feeling bored den just wanna get one for da sake of getting one..

henceforth is better to think carefully... irregardless whether you are purchasing a new pup or adopting one from SPCA.. remember.. is a committment you have for a life time as long as da pet is alive..

Be responsible..
              走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
              没有爱情的人是否会长命
              坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
              究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
              没有人能了解我 现在的心情
              想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

Hi,

besides watches, i also like to keep dogs. Got 3, yorkshire terrier, hotdog( dashund ) and schnauzer. If you want I look around for you, FOC. Do not buy dogs from breeders. Adoption is better. As dogs lovers, we have contacts with others pple that give up their dogs for whatever reasons.

Please think about it. You need time and commitment and patient. Please call me if you are interested. 9730 4053

Comment

I agree whole heartedly with the comment that "keeping a pet is a life time committment". I had a terrier who live with us for 14 years...he became blind due to cataract and had shaky teeth...but remained loyal and loving throughout, finding his way around the house for a gentle pet and a loving stroke. One day he just disappeared, never to be found again...till this day I feel the pain

Comment

I have a toy poodle. That's her in my avatar. Well naturally speaking keeping a pet is an important decision. It is not true that working adults cannot afford the time for their furkid. You will be amazed how the furkid comes to you when you head home from work and what they need is actually routine too. With that, both parties can be really happy. On another note, other than choosing between purchasing and adopting, you also need to think about whether you want a furkid that sheds. When I saw my furkid, Krispy, I knew she was the only dog I would get if I got one. I would go back all the time just to look at her, callin her name when she was not even mine. Before I knew it, she was really mine.

Comment

Wow! This is cool, besides sharing watches as a hobby, its nice to know so many dog lovers here in the forum. Maybe we can organize a pet gathering day too? Hahahaha put our watches around our pooches' paw and take photo hahahaha
                      [FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Here is a good read http://www.canismajor.com/dog/topic1.html

A pet is for life. Do not get from those puppy mills that bred for profits. Go for purebreeds from accredited breeders as a good Health, structure and temperament pets will maximize your pet's lifespan and that slight premium you pay upfront will save you from hefty vet bills in later years. Afterall good things are definately worth the wait. More information http://www.akc.org/

Cheers
                        freestyle1279

Comment

I owned a red mini poodle for 1.5yr liao. He's a cute furry little bundle of joy
                          If HDB better dont keep big pets as they'll not have sufficent room to move around and it's also illegal.

Try visiting friends who own pets and let them describe to you the daily chorus and committment needed and the cost involved in order to get a good feel before committing and taking responsibility for this pet. Once owned, the pet depends solely on the owner for his/her daily needs, so its definitely a serious responsibility.

do homework, think and think again before committing, bro. (sorry for being so lor soh)
                          St Augustine "The present of things past is memory, the present of things present is sight, and the present of things future is expectation."

Comment

My 2 boys..

[FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by kafvyn View Post
                              Hi,

besides watches, i also like to keep dogs. Got 3, yorkshire terrier, hotdog( dashund ) and schnauzer. If you want I look around for you, FOC. Do not buy dogs from breeders. Adoption is better. As dogs lovers, we have contacts with others pple that give up their dogs for whatever reasons.

Please think about it. You need time and commitment and patient. Please call me if you are interested. 9730 4053
                              Hi ,
                              Interested to get a PUG as a pet , can help me keep a look out , don't mind paying for it , but most important,it must be a healthy dog .
                              Focal JM_Labs .
                              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                              Cartier Santos 100XL
                              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

thanks for the advice everyone....
                                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                                Audemars Piguet ROO
                                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                                Panerai 270
                                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                                Rolex 116610LV