Keeping a pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping a pet

wife and i have been going to dog farm past 2 weeks...kinda interested to keep a dog...

she kinda like the brown toy poodle...me like more of the king charles/cocker spaniel or golden retriever...

prob is our house is not big...not suitable for big dogs...

anyone keep a dog here? or maybe some of ya keep fishes/birds and etc??
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    wife and i have been going to dog farm past 2 weeks...kinda interested to keep a dog...

she kinda like the brown toy poodle...me like more of the king charles/cocker spaniel or golden retriever...

me me.. i got maltese..

toy poodle are cute!
    走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
    没有爱情的人是否会长命
    坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
    究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
    没有人能了解我 现在的心情
    想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
      me me.. i got maltese..

toy poodle are cute!
      maltese she also like.....hahaaa....we're still undecided....a lot of commitment to keep a pet and we're both working...how ya manage?

Current collection
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Where is the dog farm?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          Where is the dog farm?
          bro, at pasir ris...ericsson, pet mover...after dogs, drive further in to see fishes...

Current collection
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Both owners/occupiers of the house working not possible to keep pet. At least there must be someone in the house. Also, it is a long term commitment and I don't think you can "flip" a pet as easy as "flipping" a watch .
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks man... will bring my daughter to take a look... buy a dog can save a lot of travelling expenses.....

bro, at pasir ris...ericsson, pet mover...after dogs, drive further in to see fishes...

Comment

i've got a pomeraniannnnnnnnn!
                Wishlist:
                1. AP Grand Prix Carbon
                2. Corum Bubble Skeleton
                3. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar Rose Gold
                4. Ulysses Nardin Freak Cruiser
                5. Richard Mille RM 11 Rose Gold

(Dream only)

Comment

one suggesstion to all potential dog (pet) owners... try visiting SPCA as well.. so can adopt those which was forsaken... doing good as well...

Comment

hey cedric. thats a good one. really. go to SPCA. many loving dogs looking for a good owner.
                    Wishlist:
                    1. AP Grand Prix Carbon
                    2. Corum Bubble Skeleton
                    3. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar Rose Gold
                    4. Ulysses Nardin Freak Cruiser
                    5. Richard Mille RM 11 Rose Gold

(Dream only)

Comment

Me keep doggie, cockatoo, arowana and Gold Fishes before..
                      Last time v free, can keep pets: now busy working so all given away liao..
                      You work, NO PETS... Need lots of time for them..

Comment

I have 2 dogs now. Love them!

No matter how late I come back, they welcome me.
                        No matter how drunk I come back, they wag their tails.
                        No matter who I bring back, they won;t be angry with me.
                        No matter how much I spend on watches, they still love me though they don't appreciate it. Hahahaha...

[FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Used to have one, she passed away 3 years ago, so sad... I love that girl.

Originally posted by shima View Post
                          i've got a pomeraniannnnnnnnn!

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I've had dogs all my life and will always have a best friend.

Poodles are very smart dogs, they are ranked amongst the most intelligent of dogs. Before buying, I recommend that they find out more about them as every breed have their generic problems. Then, there are issues of paper or without, pedigree or not as well as how to observe the dogs in the cage to identify their characters. I got 2 because they can keep each other company when I am away. Of course, food, water and hygiene must be taken care of.

Also, suggestions about adopting from SPCA is excellent.

I am available for kopi if you'd like. Number is 9223 5000

Comment

i have kept pets before. fish and dogs.

1) pom - pass away
                              2) golden retriever - think pass on liao.
                              3) kelpie cross
                              4) sheltie.

fish

1) gold fish
                              2) arrowana

my advice is that if you want to keep a dog, get a small to medium size. if you want to keep a big one, u need to 'run' the dog daily. keeping a dog is more like a full-time job. when i was overseas studying. got 2 dogs. so life is basically uni and home most of the time. the time going out is dictated by the pet's walking time. so during those times, have to be home to take it for their walk. rain, shine also have to go out. can u imagine going out in winter @ 7am for a walk?

toilet train a dog is not easy if its young. however, if you adopt a older dog, it might be easier.

keeping fish allows u to go out still. coz u can still 'starve' the fish for couple of hours. dogs, just leave their food on their bowl. also keeping fish is not that exciting for me compared to keeping dogs.

with my work schedule, keeping a dog is out of question. like some members mentioned, there is alot of responsibilities. the rewards for keeping a dog and fish is different. its brings different types of joy
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X