Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some watches sold without box and/or paper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some watches sold without box and/or paper?

Hi

I dont understand why there r wts threads without box and/or paper. I tot as long as the watch is authentic, sure will have box and paper, doesnt matter if buy locally or overseas. Dont tell me some sellers misplaced the box and/or paper lo. After all this is not roadside $10 watch.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thx

Reason being
    1) Original owner of the watch lost the box/papers?
    2) Original owner pawn off watch for cash overseas as urgent need for money with box/papers at home?

This are the only 2 reasons i can think of. These watches just keeps circulating around. Seller of these watches without papers are probably not the first owner.
    Rolex Submariner 168000
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Omega Sea Master 2531800

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
      Hi

I dont understand why there r wts threads without box and/or paper. I tot as long as the watch is authentic, sure will have box and paper, doesnt matter if buy locally or overseas. Dont tell me some sellers misplaced the box and/or paper lo. After all this is not roadside $10 watch.

Thx
      why not? people misplaced things at times...i sold few watches w/o boxes and some no papers. i take care of my watches but don't quite care about the box/papers. A service/verification paper from authorized service centre suffice if the buyer is fussy.

one example: omega boxes and their card holders tend to peel off over time..as an owner, i would throw away the box and the passport holder that holds the COSC card and warranty..even if you give them to the new owner...it's of no use to them?

Some sellers knock off $100-$200 off the price to "compensate" for the lack of papers/boxes.
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

The reason you quote is exactly why there is no box or papers.

Hi

Thx

Comment

Some enjoy displaying box and papers while others like me prefer to take care and display the watch itself
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

If you have only 1 watch, you will probably keep it like a precious baby. When you start to have more, you will lose count and find that it's a waste of space.

I m sure alot of seniors here will agree with this haha.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi

Thx
              Do you happen to keep your air-con , television, DVD, keyboard, jewellery, bag , pen, computer etc original box, manual and paper bag ? If yes, i kudos to you. Try to illustrate to you that some people treat their watch as some other items which they have bought. They will use it and do not bother about the resale value.

Comment

There are many reasons why box and papers are lost.
                Even for very new pieces like one year old.

Commonly being lost during moving house.

Whatever the reason, box and papers are not there.

To buy or not it's personal preference. Pieces like panerai, patek, AP will be harder to sell without box and papers.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

But seriously, I don't understand why you can't understand
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Like i mentioned, these r not roadside $10 watches or even $200 for that matter. Losing the box and paper seems ridiculous to me lah. I do place all the warranty cards of my tv, aircon, game console, heater etc in the same drawer so that in the event need servicing or encounter problems during warranty period, that will be the place for me to look for the card

I only own 1 expensive watch now but hopefully in the future when i can afford a few watches, i will place them in the same
                    Drawer or something.

Thats wat i dun understand lo. Its like selling the car n tell the buyer oops i lost all the spare keys and servicing record etc. Only selling the physical car n the key i use, that's it

Comment

Well, great job if you have the storage space to keep all the stuffs, so that you can locate them easily when the need arises. I guess most of us here don't have that luxury of storage space to do so, esp when we have so much barang besides rollies to look after? My 2 cents worth of thought?

Rolex owner since 2010
                      Previously owned:
                      Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                      GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                      Current collection:
                      Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                      GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                      Upcoming/Wishlist:
                      "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Actually i started this thread to find out if there is something that i didnt know which led to transactions without box and/or paper. Guess the reason is only lost or spoilt. Tot got some other reasons cus i see quite alot of sales thread without box and/or paper =)

Comment

Eastsider.. Kinda with you on this one, I've also wondered.... sometimes suspicious when I enquired to some sellers. I find it strange that most people do not keep their watch boxes, papers, etc... for watches costing over $10k plus?.. How can someone just "throw away' or 'lose' a Patek box/papers??... For Omega, I agree the boxes die after a few years, but the warranty cards don't die, so why don't people keep warranty cards?..

Most good watches from reputable brands come in very 'decorative' boxes...so can't see why not keep. Not like a cheap brown cardboard box like air con, tv etc...

Comment

Like i mentioned, these r not roadside $10 watches or even $200 for that matter. Losing the box and paper seems ridiculous to me lah. I do place all the warranty cards of my tv, aircon, game console, heater etc in the same drawer so that in the event need servicing or encounter problems during warranty period, that will be the place for me to look for the card

I only own 1 expensive watch now but hopefully in the future when i can afford a few watches, i will place them in the same
                            Drawer or something.

Thats wat i dun understand lo. Its like selling the car n tell the buyer oops i lost all the spare keys and servicing record etc. Only selling the physical car n the key i use, that's it
                            another example could be:

if you buy patek from parallel importer..it doesn't come with the wooden box if i'm not mistaken? just a small cardboard box, papers and the watch is air-sealed to prove that it's a new watch. Correct me if i'm wrong guys if some of you bought PP from PI before.

For papers, once the warranty expires..there's no point of keeping them really. I would throw it away and keep the service papers if/when i send the watch for servicing. unless it's pawn receipt...then die die also keep.
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Obvious reason can only be.. Most owner sold their watches to pawn shops or overseas dealers on the spot becos box and documents at home.
                              So these watches circulate the whole world.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X