No announcement yet.

Photographers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if buying 7D, wait out, save that bit more, get the next model up; otherwise you may feel disappointed if you want to upgrade shortly.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

you have covered 4 different types and 3 different price categories of canon cameras

the expectations and desired effects for 550, 1D 5D 7D are different. 550 is more for beginner who are into SDLR. 7D is more like the bridge gap between 1D and 5D. the pricing between all the cameras listed are in 3 different tiers. the 3 types of camera also cater to different needs.

i agree that lenses do play an important part in the picture you want to take. so it may make sense to invest in them. you may get a super good lens and 550 and the cost could be the same price of a 7D with kit lens or something.

wait a while more and see what canon rolls out? there is never a good time to buy a camera because the current one you buy is already outdated in the manufacturer product line. there is always newer technologies and features coming out. we had this conversation before couple of months back.

before you embark on this equally poisonous hobby. what i suggest to you is read more about the technical terms on shutter speed, aperture of the camera. these 2 may help you determine which camera you want to buy. read more about f/stop which may help you determine what lens to buy.

if after all the reading, nothing seems more clear to you, i would suggest you pick up a second hand 550 with kit lens. try it for a while and see how it performs. dont like, sell and get a 7D to have a feel. if you getting second hand, get those with less than 5000 shutter count. depreciation with cameras can be worse than watches.

when you feel that you are ready, then get a brand new one of your choice. there are couple of canon camera users in this forum. ask around and you might be lucky if one of them is willing to lend you lens to try. alternatively, you can rent the lens for a fee to try also.

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
      hi anyone with good camera knowledge can advise? i know nuts about it and dono how to use so will need some help, thanks in advance. i wanna get a camera which i can shoot scenary, ppl or even watches which 1 should i get? i have read up a bit about the various models but i still blur

1: Canon EOS 1Ds Mark3

2: Canon EOS 5D Mark2 kit (EF 24-105)

3: Canon EOS 7D kit1 (EF S15-85IS)

4: Canon EOS 7D kit (EF S18-135IS)

5: Canon EOS 550D Kit2 (EF S18-135IS)
      Originally posted by Watcha View Post
      550d is sufficient .
      Use the savings for better lens or lens type.

It's not necessary but good to have to buy the higher end models.

If budget allows I pick 7d.
      Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      if buying 7D, wait out, save that bit more, get the next model up; otherwise you may feel disappointed if you want to upgrade shortly.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

really good infos, thanks to all bros

Comment

Loose e flash

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
          I took these very lousy shots.. anyone can tell me how to improve?

Use natural sunlight by e window or door if u can't invest.
          If u r willing to invest, a quick & easy plus cheap light setup system called EGO2 from:
          http://www.lowel.com/ego/
          is good.

The whole set can be tested & bought direct from official distributor at:

LSV Singapore
          08-08 Cititech Industrial Building
          629 Aljunied Road
          Singapore 389838
          Phone: +65 6305 7480

The staffs there are very helpful & willing to show u how to use e set with no obligation.
          More importantly, they know what they are selling.
          If I am not mistaken, it will cost SGD450.

Comment

hi since i am going to buy DSLR camera i think i might get a good 1. do u all think it a good deal? preowned 5D MK2 warr left 12 mths shutter count less than 1k and full set at about $2800. can buy? thanks

Comment

check out the preowned prices, and make an informed decision. not sure what the preowned prices are like, but i find that S$2800 for a used
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

OT a bit. Just took this with iphone 4.

method coutesy of bro johnfish.

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X