Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai AD @ ion...bad experience...

Hi guys just to share,

There are a few Pam mod that I am interested and wan to put it in my buy-list so I went to the AD at ion to check out more abt e watches and price...

I was there with my wife, when we were outside a shop looking at the display, we have a feelin tt someone is looking at us...
    When we look into e shop, there was a couple served by a SE and guess what...the rest of the SE(ard 3-4)in the shop are staring at us...they are giving us the msg "don't come in unless u are buying"...

They are driving us away even before we step into e shop...wtf...I went to Rolex, omega, Cartier AD just to check on their watches and majority of the SE there are friendly and helpful but Panerai's SE??? No offense I like the brand but the ppl there are......if I were to buy a Pam, definitely I will not go back tt plc...

Cheers

e rest of SE doesn't hv any other client to serve.

i was there couple of weeks ago, most of them are friendly... yes it's too many SE for one boutique... normally only 2/3 people, but they have about 5ppl there...

Comment

is panerai brand more prestigous than rolex? or is rolex more famous than panerai? for example . mercedes benz is better than toyota.

Comment

Maybe they are giving you "space" to browse and check out?
        I have spoken to them before and yes sometimes some of them are friendly but can be "atas" as well.
        Panerai has more on the waitlist then stocks so the SE can play the "atas" game. Unless you know them personally or buy a lot, then perhaps you will get preferential treatment.

Go to the other AD if you're not happy with them. It's your $ afterall and you're the BOSS!

Originally posted by kt Lim View Post
        Hi guys just to share,

There are a few Pam mod that I am interested and wan to put it in my buy-list so I went to the AD at ion to check out more abt e watches and price...

I was there with my wife, when we were outside a shop looking at the display, we have a feelin tt someone is looking at us...
        When we look into e shop, there was a couple served by a SE and guess what...the rest of the SE(ard 3-4)in the shop are staring at us...they are giving us the msg "don't come in unless u are buying"...

They are driving us away even before we step into e shop...wtf...I went to Rolex, omega, Cartier AD just to check on their watches and majority of the SE there are friendly and helpful but Panerai's SE??? No offense I like the brand but the ppl there are......if I were to buy a Pam, definitely I will not go back tt plc...

Cheers

Comment

You mean Panerai Boutique at ION?

You should have gone into the shop. They are generally nice folks. Maybe they didn't carry it off well when they spotted you outside the display window. And you feel they are 'looking down'
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

You should have stepped in and tried. I felt the service was not bad... though I was pissed off when they never contacted me when they were knowing I was keen for some models and events. Anyway, I feel it's ok to go to the boutique to "try" and "see" the watch, but don't buy as the boutique is not giving any discounts, even some old models. If you are buying, should get from standard AD or grey dealers, I think their prices are better. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Comment

went to the boutique before and tot the service was ok. not fantastic but ok.

Comment

Is it run by Richemont/Panerai or by one of the local ADs (eg, Cortina, Sincere)?

Comment

ok next time if i drop buy ion i will go into panerai to have a look

Comment

Hi guys just to share,

Cheers
                    Actually this is quite a common situation in any other store, especially if the store is empty and the sale persons are idle. I don't think we should be too quick to assume that they are trying to chase you away, but rather i would take it as if they are awaiting in eager anticipation for you to step into the store! That was why they are looking at you like a pack of hungry wolves! Or who knows, they may be staring at your attractive wife!

Anywayz, i went in there last week, and the sales person i spoke to was really nice! His name is Hafiz Sulaiman, i think. Showed us all 4 pieces without hesitation and knowledge-wise, he was quite sound. Great service, even though we walked out of the store without purchasing.
                    "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

I went to many high end goods shop before some of the SE I encounter are eager to serve and some a but pushy but those guys at the pam stores were like 'we want to eat you' kind of stare...

Just to clarify its not Cortina nor Sincere... the SE there are ok...

Anyway jus my first impression...for the benefit of doubts maybe they are really friendly...I will drop by e shop again some other time and really step in...

Hope I nv offend anyone with this post...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wees View Post
                        Is it run by Richemont/Panerai or by one of the local ADs (eg, Cortina, Sincere)?
                        Its Richemont direct...... no discount - as such max $$ being retained by the greedy company.

I'll go elsewhere for mine.... browse there but buy other place.
                        ROLEX.

Comment

Cheers

It's a bit confusing with all the "boutiques", even within the Richemont group brands (eg, the VC boutique in MBS is Cortina I think, whereas the JLC boutique there is Richemont if I recall correctly - not sure what the Raffles hotel one is...).

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                          Its Richemont direct...... no discount - as such max $$ being retained by the greedy company.

I'll go elsewhere for mine.... browse there but buy other place.

Comment

Hmzz

Perhaps you should check them out proper again. I've been there only a handful of times but they were always very helpful. The consultant that attended to me was Ida, maybe you could ask for her when you are there .

Comment

They are driving us away even before we step into e shop...
                              I think it's not fair to draw a conclusion and give a negative feedback simply base on your own interpretation of body language. I wouldn't even call this an encounter.

Reputation takes a lot of effort and time to build up but could be easily tarnished by open comments like these.
                              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X