Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start to buy

Hi all,

I need advice to buy a men's dress watch. Preferably leather/rubber strap. My budget is anything less than $1k and it has to be a swiss automatic watch. I really dont know where and how I should get started. There are just too many brands and models.

ThanX.

Originally posted by WatchME View Post
    Hi all,

I need advice to buy a men's dress watch. Preferably leather/rubber strap. My budget is anything less than $1k and it has to be a swiss automatic watch. I really dont know where and how I should get started. There are just too many brands and models.

ThanX.
    Bro, with a $1K budget, it's quite tight and frankly there's not many swiss brands to consider. Perhaps you can check out TISSOT, LONGINES & ORIS?
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
      Bro, with a $1K budget, it's quite tight and frankly there's not many swiss brands to consider. Perhaps you can check out TISSOT, LONGINES & ORIS?
      good choices. you may drop by bras basah complex. there are couple of watch shops there that sells tissot logines and oris.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi,

Sorry but what do you mean by 'good choice'?? Are those brands mentioned good? What about hamilton?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry but what do you mean by 'good choice'?? Are those brands mentioned good? What about hamilton?
          good choice = good recommendations.

me yet to do enough homework on hamilton watches to comment anything.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Oh ok. Means those are good brands I can consider.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

If you're looking at Swiss watches, then Ham is out because it's American if I'm not wrong. Maybe you can google to confirm?

Comment

Oh ok. Means those are good brands I can consider.

Thank you.

i wont say good brands. this is because good is subjective. that is why i said recommendations.....

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                  If you're looking at Swiss watches, then Ham is out because it's American if I'm not wrong. Maybe you can google to confirm?
                  Have checked. Hamilton is an American brand but swiss made. What happened is that long ago, Hamilton was purely Americanish, ie. brand and produced in America. Thereafter, the company was bought over by swiss maker, OMEGA. And all hamilton watches thus become swiss made.

This is also confirmed by 2 Watches of Switzerland shops and one Sincere Fine Watch shop.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

hamilton own by swatch group.........
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

yup, by swatch group.

i was servicing my omega at swatch, saw a hamilton brochure/ flyers on their x-wind Le, tht's why i go buy. it's swiss made.

i think hamilton is a good watch ( well, pricing good, means good watch loh ... hahhaa )

Comment

Have checked. Hamilton is an American brand but swiss made. What happened is that long ago, Hamilton was purely Americanish, ie. brand and produced in America. Thereafter, the company was bought over by swiss maker, OMEGA. And all hamilton watches thus become swiss made.

This is also confirmed by 2 Watches of Switzerland shops and one Sincere Fine Watch shop.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh I see. Probably can find HAMILTON dress watch for < $1K. Not bad. Can consider together with TISSOT, LONGINES and ORIS

Comment

Yeah...HAMILTON is a great beater for me man! I have the Khaki automatic.

Dress watch eh...I think TISSOT,LONGINES and HAMILTON is all...1k cant really buy much. ORIS is mostly more than 1k...if i m not wrong

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

sorry to hijack this post.

those brands listed above can get new or 2nd hand ones for around $1k?

thanks!

Comment

2nd hand maurice lacroix look nice n should be too expensive i reckon

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X