Android vs iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android vs iPad

Anyone have experience using android tablet?

Thinking whether to get a new iPad or android .

Looking at asus transformer for android . Basically for flash and more site compatibility .
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

im not sure if it is fair to use android phones and iphones to compare as both phones and tablets are using similar platform on phones and tablet. i use both.

if i were to put in the same url(random site) on a browser window in an android phone and iphone, the loading/surfing speed in iphone is a tad faster. this can be due to android developers are not optimizing the processors as reported in one of the articles printed in straits times either this week or last week. (sorry can't find the link online or print edition)

as for site compatibility, it seems the bane is only for sites using flash.

pricing may also be a consideration for choosing between an android based and iphone based.

i am ok with both for surfing but im more inclined towards on that supports flash.

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

Looking at asus transformer for android . Basically for flash and more site compatibility .
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I'm on galaxy tab 10.1

Great for streaming but there are inherent bugs.

The keyboard input is buggy.

Comment

can elaborate on bugs and other negative issues? appreciate

Originally posted by patrickmaniac View Post
        I'm on galaxy tab 10.1

Great for streaming but there are inherent bugs.

The keyboard input is buggy.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks for answering.

the main draw for android is streaming videos.

for ipad is the ease of use and tons of software.

however choosing an android pad is also a headache.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

there are in built typing sw option like samsung in built, andriioid in built and swipe.
            some of them have slower input response and does not keep pace with you typing.
            the sw/fw updates are few and not much diff.

Originally posted by triton View Post
            can elaborate on bugs and other negative issues? appreciate

Comment

iOS is best.
              ROLEX.

Comment

Not really. has its share of limitations too.
                no perfect os.

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                iOS is best.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  im not sure if it is fair to use android phones and iphones to compare as both phones and tablets are using similar platform on phones and tablet. i use both.

if i were to put in the same url(random site) on a browser window in an android phone and iphone, the loading/surfing speed in iphone is a tad faster. this can be due to android developers are not optimizing the processors as reported in one of the articles printed in straits times either this week or last week. (sorry can't find the link online or print edition)

as for site compatibility, it seems the bane is only for sites using flash.

pricing may also be a consideration for choosing between an android based and iphone based.

i am ok with both for surfing but im more inclined towards on that supports flash.
                  To a great extent the comparison is pretty similar to android phones vs iphones (user interface, supportable apps).

Personally I think the capability to support external memory is important, for ease of transferring/viewing files created by other equipment (handpones, cameras, pc etc).
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

If that's one criteria than Android would be better.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    To a great extent the comparison is pretty similar to android phones vs iphones (user interface, supportable apps).

Personally I think the capability to support external memory is important, for ease of transferring/viewing files created by other equipment (handpones, cameras, pc etc).

Comment

sometimes cannot understand apple. leaving areas of advantages to others.

giving some space for others to survive? dont think they are that kind.

put in flash and SD should kill them all. they can always keep the apps to internal mem.

Comment

than for ipad is the ease of use and tons of software.
                        You don't need tons of sw/apps. Android has most of the useful apps and games (or the equivalence) that apple has, although there are some unique to apple.

I have observed that content developers tend to develop an apps/games for apple first, then android.

I have also observed that there are some games that are chargeable in ipone/ipad, but are free in android.

For now, iphone/ipad is still the wiinner due to its strong brand desipte some obvious short-comings in the products.

If you are a brand conscious guy, all these talks of features/capabilities are not relevant. Just get an apple.

If $$$ is a key consideration, then I would say get an android with minimun build-in memory but support external memory (make sure it supports direct access from cards not "file transfer only").
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

using transformer prime. disappointed with android ICS. dunno about jellybean.

never like apple as it is just for games. never good enough for my work requirements. considering the new upcoming MS Surface? looks good for play and work.

Comment

I feel for design, its IPad, if for price.. surely android...

Comment

For tablets, nothing beats the ipad currently. In terms of weight, size (dimensions), battery life, display, etc. A secondary edge that Apple products have is they tend to retain their value longer than others, allowing you to sell it at a later time at better prices than if you bought a non-Apple device.

However, I feel that the Android platform is far superior to iOS in many ways. As such, I don't currently own a tablet because I don't feel any of the current Android tablets are good enough yet.

I would have bought a Nexus 7 if it had 3G. Alas, it was wifi only.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X