Mass order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    I was informed that japan is quite a good place to shop for pre-owned watches. Is the price indeed cheaper Pet? Or you've been browsing brand new pcs all this while? I've a collector friend who flies around in Asia (Japan, Taiwan, HK, etc) to shop for pre-owned luxury watches and return to SG to sell them. Quite profitable I heard...
    tht's wht i heard too... some go jp to source for watches.

it's a different market loh..

me no expert, but so far this is wht i observe.
    1. Some major dept store, Eg, Isetan, Taka, Mitsukoshi, Sogo etc are AD ( not all branches/ brands ). In spore, non of the major dept store are AD ( at most some cheaper watch retailer nai loh.
    2. Jp Preown shop, alot of them do sell other items eg branded bags, necklace, rings, etc.
    3. Bought a watch magazine, wow lotsa pre own dealer listings with prices.
    4. It's also their standard to have all list price written down on the mag article and also their advert.
    5. New Omega, spore give 20%, i think they are abit lower ( after discount, dont go dept store, no discount there ).
    6. Rolex sub LV, selling at their List Yen 630K (incl tax) , spore at premium.
    7. Rolex sub date, abt Yen520k ( after discount incl tax ).
    8. Their Rolex list price ( yen ) more or less same as spore. eg: ( all incl of 5% tax )
    Rolex sub date 16610 = 588,000
    rolex exp I 114270 = 493,500
    rolex ym 16622 = 976,500
    rolex daytona 116520= 924,000 ( asking at premium, same as spore )

anyway, certain watch make/ model is cheaper here, and u really need to move ard, cos jp big leh, and of cos if there's some jap friend with u, better lah.

watch haven in JP, i think they might be the biggest purchaser of swiss watch.

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post

1. Some major dept store, Eg, Isetan, Taka, Mitsukoshi, Sogo etc are AD ( not all branches/ brands ). In spore, non of the major dept store are AD ( at most some cheaper watch retailer nai loh.
      2. Jp Preown shop, alot of them do sell other items eg branded bags, necklace, rings, etc.
      4. It's also their standard to have all list price written down on the mag article and also their advert.
      5. New Omega, spore give 20%, i think they are abit lower ( after discount, dont go dept store, no discount there ).
      8. Their Rolex list price ( yen ) more or less same as spore. eg: ( all incl of 5% tax )
      rolex ym 16622 = 976,500

anyway, certain watch make/ model is cheaper here, and u really need to move ard, cos jp big leh, and of cos if there's some jap friend with u, better lah.

is the 16610 sought after there? if not, then, selling @ list makes the thereom of demand and supply works. currently 16610 has a higher demand than 16570

omega watches in sg, i think if you know how to negotiate, can get similar pricing. im not sure how strong a demand is for omega in japan. if the demand not so strong, then higher discounts can be given. this i would not be surprised.

in sg, the sales staff @ HG told me that demand has risen over the past years, this would probably explain why prices of the watch has increased. not forgetting that the tax is 5% there and here in sg is 7% now, so higher prices here could have come from the difference in 2%
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

rolex ym 16622 = 976,500

Thanks for the info bro. I've never been to japan before. Looks like I may need to plan a trip there. Watches + XMMs = Heaven!
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          is the 16610 sought after there? if not, then, selling @ list makes the thereom of demand and supply works. currently 16610 has a higher demand than 16570

omega watches in sg, i think if you know how to negotiate, can get similar pricing. im not sure how strong a demand is for omega in japan. if the demand not so strong, then higher discounts can be given. this i would not be surprised.

in sg, the sales staff @ HG told me that demand has risen over the past years, this would probably explain why prices of the watch has increased. not forgetting that the tax is 5% there and here in sg is 7% now, so higher prices here could have come from the difference in 2%
          i dunno if japs like subbie. but it's price lower in jp. This is of cos, partly due to garment extra 2%, and greedy increase of more thn 2%, and mayb some strong S$ exchange gain. If not i rekon tht jp discount maybe 10 - 13% off subbie list in jp ( i think, base on the offer and price list ).

as for omega, it's everywhere ( i see it at all major dept store ). i think the supply higher thn demand.

anyway, main reason also spore garment !!! increase gst, landlord push up rental etc. tiny increase in everything all adds up. most of us assume tht jp = expensive.
          1991, very Ex leh. transit for 12 hours go to exhibition thn bck to airport... spend S$600... very ex.
          1998, on way bck frm state, visit friend in jp, ex.
          now, not tht ex leow.. prices ok lah, acceptable.

Comment

If JP i want my grail which is the GRAND SEIKO

Comment

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
              If JP i want my grail which is the GRAND SEIKO
              Oh... Seiko shld be much cheaper there since they're made in Japan???

Comment

grand seiko is not cheap bro, abt $5k. dunno if its cheaper in japan?

Comment

Originally posted by 3xtra View Post
                  grand seiko is not cheap bro, abt $5k. dunno if its cheaper in japan?
                  I know. But it's still a jap-made watch. I've nothing against jap watches. They're reliable and economical. But still, they're no where near the swiss made ones, in terms of design, craftsmanship, and most importantly, prestige...

I think it shld be a bit cheaper in Jap?

Comment

range of GS is from 5k to 12k

the ones i want are abt 7k

alternatively i will pick up the prospex series...

but... all is talk only as i am not going there

Comment

dunno if the grand seiko is cheaper in jp or sg. never really pay attention to the japanese watch, only pay attention to the japanese girls nai

anyway, wow, jp really big market lah. Their preown 中古 / also pawn market should be quite big too ( given their country size/ population, and maybe their liking of branded goods ), i didnt really look for it, but along street, get to see quite a few. They usually trade in watches, jewellery, bags etc, all in 1. Some sell both brand new & preown watch, some jst preown.

other than watches, i think jp is a nice place to visit; given singapore ever increasing cost of living, coming to jp dont really deem so ex anymore, infact, certain things cheaper than sg. restuarant's service, food quality and pricing the japanese people also polite, of cos my only problem = language. dont know japanese really a problem.

anyway, if u bros hv a chance to come here for some vacation, wow, set aside some time to go shop shop watches, they should hv some large preown dealer/ trader around.....me no time to go see see, so i also blur..

Comment

dunno if the grand seiko is cheaper in jp or sg. never really pay attention to the japanese watch, only pay attention to the japanese girls nai

anyway, wow, jp really big market lah. Their preown 中古 / also pawn market should be quite big too ( given their country size/ population, and maybe their liking of branded goods ), i didnt really look for it, but along street, get to see quite a few. They usually trade in watches, jewellery, bags etc, all in 1. Some sell both brand new & preown watch, some jst preown.

other than watches, i think jp is a nice place to visit; given singapore ever increasing cost of living, coming to jp dont really deem so ex anymore, infact, certain things cheaper than sg. restuarant's service, food quality and pricing the japanese people also polite, of cos my only problem = language. dont know japanese really a problem.

anyway, if u bros hv a chance to come here for some vacation, wow, set aside some time to go shop shop watches, they should hv some large preown dealer/ trader around.....me no time to go see see, so i also blur..
                        went there a few yrs back. not interested in watches back then. now regret. will go japan again to see haha.

Comment

Going in 3 weeks time for shopping/makan trip...hoping to find a reb/blk or pepsi GMT II there at a gd price. Any gd pre owned shop to rec?

Comment

i hope to be able to go, maybe if budget airlines flying in/out of tokyo/osaka, i can go and look look. time to get some of my jap friend and ask for advise
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
                              Going in 3 weeks time for shopping/makan trip...hoping to find a reb/blk or pepsi GMT II there at a gd price. Any gd pre owned shop to rec?
                              bro, go to the japan thread, some website there for u to do some homework..
                              for sport model: SD, Sub, Exp2, cheaper there... good luck!

Comment

awesome... expII is cheaper in JP, when i next go there, kenna go look and maybe buy, but language problem for me
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X