Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you take to sell a watch on SG-ROC/other watch forums on average?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
    My fastest was 2mins right after I posted the ad online. Done deal within 4 smses and collection within an hour.
    Must have sold at a solid price hehe..that's why buyer fast hand fast leg.

But I do realise depending on what time you post up your thread, it may sell slightly faster than it would if you put at an hour/day that has lesser traffic.

What I've noticed, weekday morning 8-9am is good timing cos when people go to work, they check their emails and go sgroc and check out the garage after checking their emails. I know a lot of people do that! Hahaa...

Any other good timings you guys did notice?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Must have sold at a solid price hehe..that's why buyer fast hand fast leg.

But I do realise depending on what time you post up your thread, it may sell slightly faster than it would if you put at an hour/day that has lesser traffic.

What I've noticed, weekday morning 8-9am is good timing cos when people go to work, they check their emails and go sgroc and check out the garage after checking their emails. I know a lot of people do that! Hahaa...

Any other good timings you guys did notice?
      Hmm...I always thought the opposite, and tried to post/up my sale thread during Friday/weekend (though I aslo did it on other days). I think your logic make good sense...will try weekdays morning in future.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Hi, i've a question...when you guys sell your watches....do you deal in cash? like that those 10k + watches how? bring 10k cash out and count in the public?

Comment

Originally posted by dcl84 View Post
          Hi, i've a question...when you guys sell your watches....do you deal in cash? like that those 10k + watches how? bring 10k cash out and count in the public?

i've sold some watches...usually in cash, otherwise then transfer to my bank account on the spot..see the money in the bank, pass over the watch..
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

If I am buying a 10k watch I would go to the bank to draw big notes (10x1k). I ever received all $50 notes for a 8k watch so we dealt and counted the money in the car.

ATM transfer would work too provided you set the right withdrawal limit, and the other guy has an account with the same bank and is willing to use such mode.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

thats interesting information. provides perspective when listing a piece for sure

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                If I am buying a 10k watch I would go to the bank to draw big notes (10x1k). I ever received all $50 notes for a 8k watch so we dealt and counted the money in the car.

ATM transfer would work too provided you set the right withdrawal limit, and the other guy has an account with the same bank and is willing to use such mode.
                Useful info:

POSB/DBS iBanking limit is 15k, you can change it online on the spot using your dongle as an authentication device.

For larger amounts I prefer on the spot transfer online. Simple The best thing about iBank!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X