Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs

Hi bros!

Not sure if this is appropriate to be posted here. Currently looking for a dog. But none has a recommendation of breed and where to get the best price?
    I have asthma. So probably something not so hairy!

Help a bro out?

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Nicholas

Get an Italian Greyhound. Not easy to find but perfect housepet even if you have kids.

Comment

Toy poodle! Won't shed and so easy to train and teach tricks and most of all, super loveable... I'm bias...

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
        Toy poodle! Won't shed and so easy to train and teach tricks and most of all, super loveable... I'm bias...
        Aiyo! TS say 'not so hairy' leh

Dog must be botak right? Perhaps a JRT would do but be warned, they're very hyper in behavior.
        Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
        • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
        • Montre de MarQue
        • Etoile D'Or
        • Hotel Indonesia
        • Glory Time
        • The Watch-Collector
        • Time Palace
        • The Swiss Connection
        • M Baker
        • Maurice Lacroix
        • Time Marques
        • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
          Aiyo! TS say 'not so hairy' leh

Dog must be botak right? Perhaps a JRT would do but be warned, they're very hyper in behavior.
          Tell u a secret bro, poodles do not shed lol tt's why they are perfect for those with asthma

Comment

labradoodle. highly recommended for people with asthma. try this shop along joo chiat. near awfully choco.
            I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
            http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

i have a mini schnauzer and they dont shed too and they look super cool with the right grooming..
              word of advice for ts... liking dog and owning a dog is 2 different thing so you have to think carefully before getting one
              make sure you have the time and love for the dog...

Comment

SPCA
                They have abandon dogs who needs a good home and a caring family.
                Try adopt one from them.

Just a word of advice, owning a dog is a life time affairs, you need to feed them, love them, care for them, clear their WC, bath them, buy shampoos, ticks spray, comb, powders, medicated lotion for skin irritations and etc etc.

Besides you got to send them for grooming, to a vets when they are sick, dental too.

If you can accept all the above then rearing and keeping dogs a real fun and joyful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by one0one View Post
                  SPCA
                  Try adopt one from them.

Just a word of advice, owning a dog is a life time affairs, you need to feed them, love them, care for them, clear their WC, bath them, buy shampoos, ticks spray, comb, powders, medicated lotion for skin irritations and etc etc.

Besides you got to send them for grooming, to a vets when they are sick, dental too.

If you can accept all the above then rearing and keeping dogs a real fun and joyful thing.

100% agreed!

Comment

chihuahua lor...no fur
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I personally really like dogs and pets. I have other pets before. But the issue with dog is that I'm afraid that it might spark off my asthma. Because I have really sensitive windpipe so if it's a dog that sheds a lot of fur. I might choke and die from it. Hahaha.
                      Anyway I was thinking of a bulldog. Like those small ones in movies. I don't really know the name.
                      Advice on price and where to get those?
                      I am not prejudiced against SPCA dogs but some of my friends have had bad experiences when they adopted from SPCA. Some of the pet keepers there can be quite dishonest on the actual condition of the pets. I don't wish to have complications and not knowing how to solve it and in the end it's life end because of me. That's why I'm trying to stay away from that option even though I know it is a very good thing to do.
                      I am a greenhorn in the topics of dogs. So I'm not really ready to take risks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by one0one View Post
                        SPCA
                        Try adopt one from them.

Yes, get a dog from SPCA preferably mongrels which can be very loyal. They tend to be quite hardy but like all dogs there are medical bills, food bills, yearly innoculations ( the medicals are more than what you would incur yourself in polyclinics!!). You have to set aside time to be with them, play, walk but there rewards of friendship is beyond description.

Comment

is it hard to train a dog for security purposes? my place got people trespassing lately, and my bike kena stolen from my secure yard. (which is not as secure as i thought it was)

besides upgrade external security, im considering keeping a dog for the sole purpose of guarding the premises.

i wont let it inside the house, but rather build a small shed for it to shelter from the elements.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
                            Yes, get a dog from SPCA preferably mongrels which can be very loyal. They tend to be quite hardy but like all dogs there are medical bills, food bills, yearly innoculations ( the medicals are more than what you would incur yourself in polyclinics!!). You have to set aside time to be with them, play, walk but there rewards of friendship is beyond description.

Whole-heartedly agree with Bro Lolex-kia! Don't let a few bad adoptions from SPCA cloud your judgement. Mongrels are hardy, appreciative and very loyal/loving..and above all, tend to shed less fur.
                            My two mutts are adopted strays and they've given me only love (and a few love-bites) and a large part of my small world revolves around them; we even sleep together (ok, this sounds off, I know....)
                            Of course, all dogs are capable of love and to be loved but to be able to rescue one from a shelter (and potentially save its life) is much more enriching than buying from a pet store/puppy mill.
                            Naturally, the choice is yours to make and an important one at that, so consider carefully : )
                            Sweet 16:
                            PP Aquanaut
                            VC Overseas
                            AP ROO Black Themes
                            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                            Breguet Type XXI
                            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                            JLC Navy Seals
                            GO Senator 60s
                            GP Laureato
                            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                            Rolex DSSD