Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most nasty comment u get from your friend when u wear a rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most nasty comment u get from your friend when u wear a rolex?

The usual comment like
    'Fake one ah' ?
    'Rolex's design very ugly'
    'I just dun understand how a Rolex is better?'
    'U spend 10k to get that watch? U mean your watch is more accuarate than mine'

All these i would just smile and if they wish to know why i spend my money on Rolex, I would share my passion with them. Normally what is a graceful answer to these nasty comment?

one utimate one...
    'Rolex?' I think is the cheapest watch among the swiss brand right?' OK.. ignorant. Period. =)

Bro, not to be mean. . .

Problem lies in your friend/s...not the rolex on your wrist.

If you've got cocky/narrow minded frens, u sure to have these comments. . .but if you've got true frens. . .things r different.

For me, normally I will stay away from these cocky/narrow minded so called frens lor. . .

PS: At times might be just a joke/casual remark, if you take/see things at a different angle.

<Peace>

Comment

when i wore my rolex many years back, someone said, you uncle ah.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

uncle, don't know anything about watches so buy rolex...
        Rolex Submariner 14060
        Breitling Super Avenger A13370
        Oris Aquis Staghorn Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          when i wore my rolex many years back, someone said, you uncle ah.
          That's super funny

Comment

surprisingly no nasty comments at all.... one colleague says "ah... i see u have decided to invest in a Rolex like ***** (another colleague)"

Comment

One comment from others: "Wah you tio 4D or TOTO?"

but on the other hand, I have got some acquaintances who wear a rolex and dam stuck up, act like they own a couple of billion $ or be like a cheap rich. These are the folks who perpetuate the Nasty Brand name.

It's the wearer not the brand that ruins it.

Comment

Heard some negative remarks but i usually just smile and shrug off the nasty remarks....unless he/she is a fellow WIS...then i will see what the WIS is wearing....

99% of the time , most ppl will not comment on watches i wear ....not branded and under the radar ones...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You can always answer them that after looking around, its the cheapest one i can find !!!

Comment

I dun talk about watches to non-WIS. I find it's a waste of time and breath to get them to appreciate time pieces. The most common one is they asked if my watch is more accurate than their $30 digital watch. I just smile and replied NOPE! It takes more than just money to appreciate the finer things in life... I said to myself shaking my head.
                    1 3 5
                    ├┼┼╕
                    2 4 6 R

Comment

I guess one of the most annoying comments is when some people say. "wa you buy one Rolex I can buy so many things, such a waste of money. I can buy so many shoes and bags and whatever. "
                      I guess we can just ignore those comments because it's what you really think and appreciate that matters.
                      Things you buy, you only answer to yourself and your wife. Other than that, nah I'll just ignore.

Comment

Jus wondering is there a sarcastic yet elegant way to reply idiotic people. I realise sometimes ignoring is not the best way to counter them.

I have my firs air-king whe i was 25-26... yup many people think i uncle. hha... rolex still potray the uncle image.

Comment

I dont hv a Rolex (cant afford yet) but I can predict they'll ask if I DIYed my watch
                          Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                          • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                          • Montre de MarQue
                          • Etoile D'Or
                          • Hotel Indonesia
                          • Glory Time
                          • The Watch-Collector
                          • Time Palace
                          • The Swiss Connection
                          • M Baker
                          • Maurice Lacroix
                          • Time Marques
                          • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

So far no one comments on my watches keke

Prefer to remain this way.
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

The comment that irritates me the most is "Wah you so rich ah? Pay higher than us sia!" when in actual fact they earn more than me.

But then again, what is the definition of friend?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X