Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any place in Singapore where I can learn how to repair mechanical watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any place in Singapore where I can learn how to repair mechanical watches?

Hi mates,

I am new to the world of mechanical watches and will like to develop an interest in it.

Is there any place in Singapore that I can learn basic skills of watch repair?

Originally posted by sneakboxer View Post
    Hi mates,

I am new to the world of mechanical watches and will like to develop an interest in it.

Is there any place in Singapore that I can learn basic skills of watch repair?
    JW hOROLOGICAL.
    tHE LINK: http://www.jwwatch.com/

Comment

Tks mate for the quick reply!

Shall contact them tomorrow on watch repair workshop. Any idea on the cost?

Comment

John currently doesn't have time to teach as he is very tied up with servicing. He stopped his classes about May/Jun 2007. You need to look out when he post the notices in front of his shop - each class only can take 2 students. I was lucky to be included in his class last year in Jan 2007.

Looking at his schedule (his shop is right next to my building), I doubt he would have time to open new classes anytime soon.

Comment

Tks mate for the quick reply!

Shall contact them tomorrow on watch repair workshop. Any idea on the cost?
          don't know. But.... they might ask you to buy a Rolex and start to strip. hahaha....

Comment

Wah...that must be a "COSTLY" lesson!

Judging from this...are there any other places where I can learn? "Sianz"

Comment

Wah...that must be a "COSTLY" lesson!

Judging from this...are there any other places where I can learn? "Sianz"
              there are always a cost to learn. Then maybe you can look for oversea course at swiss.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                John currently doesn't have time to teach as he is very tied up with servicing. He stopped his classes about May/Jun 2007. You need to look out when he post the notices in front of his shop - each class only can take 2 students. I was lucky to be included in his class last year in Jan 2007.

Looking at his schedule (his shop is right next to my building), I doubt he would have time to open new classes anytime soon.
                bro wind maybe you know better. How is the course. Need to strip rolex? hahaha...

Comment

Bro Wind...can you conduct simple lessons?

we can get our own tools and watches to try out...

How about a short session for interested forum mates? I believe there are many newbies who will be interested to learn!

Comment

Bro Wind...can you conduct simple lessons?

we can get our own tools and watches to try out...

How about a short session for interested forum mates? I believe there are many newbies who will be interested to learn!
                    yes yes. I want to enrol too!

Comment

try golden landmark. the other day was there to look see. think got 1 shop with benches that is for class. cannot confirm. think is on 2nd or 3rd floor. no confirm hor.....
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        try golden landmark. the other day was there to look see. think got 1 shop with benches that is for class. cannot confirm. think is on 2nd or 3rd floor. no confirm hor.....
                        That one seem to be maid agency. hahaha...

Comment

Triton is not wrong, he didn't mentioned for what class
                          [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                          [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                          [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                          [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                          [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                          [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

I once wanted to learn watch repairing but now too busy. Now must earn $$$ and after I retire, I may take up this in Switzerland provided I have enough $$$ and also my eyes are still sharp enough to see the small watch parts...

Comment

Originally posted by patclay View Post
                              I once wanted to learn watch repairing but now too busy. Now must earn $$$ and after I retire, I may take up this in Switzerland provided I have enough $$$ and also my eyes are still sharp enough to see the small watch parts...
                              bro don't need to wait so long la! Get some info from the net and buy a cheap eta movement and then start to strip the watch! most important you must have the tools and spare parts. Very easy lah. But when come to Rolex you will sweat a bit lah!.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X