Should I jump ship to Singtel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I jump ship to Singtel?

I have been with M1 for almost 10 years, but thinking of jumping ship to Singtel. They gave me $200 voucher, but I complained not enough

I have the Sunriser status, in the past always got $500 voucher, now only $200. My monthly bill is very high due to biz travels. I called M1, they increase the voucher to$400. Not the final negotiation, I should tell them which phone model I want, and they will see how to 'assist' me. They said, my bill is very high, but mostly spent overseas, hence money went to overseas operator, not M1

Anyway, kind of tired after being with them for so many years. No complaint about their service, but their handset prices are more expensive than Singtel/Starhub. Should I move to Singtel?
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Moveee..it's about time...

It's not about loyalty...its about who giving u better value hey dun kill me...I m just being practical

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
      I have been with M1 for almost 10 years, but thinking of jumping ship to Singtel. They gave me $200 voucher, but I complained not enough

I have the Sunriser status, in the past always got $500 voucher, now only $200. My monthly bill is very high due to biz travels. I called M1, they increase the voucher to$400. Not the final negotiation, I should tell them which phone model I want, and they will see how to 'assist' me. They said, my bill is very high, but mostly spent overseas, hence money went to overseas operator, not M1

Anyway, kind of tired after being with them for so many years. No complaint about their service, but their handset prices are more expensive than Singtel/Starhub. Should I move to Singtel?
      hey hary..no harm switching actually....
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Moveee..it's about time...

It's not about loyalty...its about who giving u better value hey dun kill me...I m just being practical
        I should say that to my wife

Change wife...., quote Darkangel "it's not about loyalty...its about who giving u better value", unquote kekeke
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Hey, personally i think Singtel's network coverage is defintely in Singapore.... personally experience it at some location... where there is no network connection for M1 but no problem with Singtel.... anyway, if you bill is high and you can also consider applying for the UOB Singtel Credit Card, got cash rebates on your bill.... but do bear in mind that you will not be eligible for the Singtel's Red Rewards.... just my thought and experience... no offence to any M1 users ... anyway M1 user, i believe I have also come across a M1 credit card.. shld be Citibank...

Comment

ok, most likely will jump ship. Next question, is iphone worth getting?

Comment

Not according to my friend who is using it... firstly, the local 3G model is not of metal backing.. not quite sure what is it... feel plastic... secondly, the biggest complain of all users... the battery life... u need to charge your phone daily.. this also mean your battery will need to be replace very soon.. as frequent charging will reduce the charging life... if you really need something with alot of functions.. better of with a blackberry... just my two cents worth..... no offence to any iPhone users...

Comment

Thanks Cedric, battery life is very important to me. Irritating if have to charge daily. I have Blackberry Bold 9000, but use it for biz purpose. I don't like to carry it during weekend. Thinking of getting Nokia E66

Comment

I should say that to my wife

Change wife...., quote Darkangel "it's not about loyalty...its about who giving u better value", unquote kekeke

ok, most likely will jump ship. Next question, is iphone worth getting?
                  Nope.

If you are using for biz purpose? lagi dun get...try typing on a touch screen and you are in a rush or driving...

Thanks Cedric, battery life is very important to me. Irritating if have to charge daily. I have Blackberry Bold 9000, but use it for biz purpose. I don't like to carry it during weekend. Thinking of getting Nokia E66
                  Get NOkia E90 or E71 Good ! Or the 8800 alternatively

Comment

E71 gets my vote...

Coverage wise, Singtel is better than my M1 as I carry two phone.. one personal and one biz...

Most of the times I don't get reception in lifts with M1, or rather all of the time while with Singtel, its way better and the network are stronger (more radiation but also more clarity and less call drop)

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

oh, so not intended for your biz.. for when your leisure time.. jalan jalan.. ok lah, that case ok.... the IN phone lah... but still if it was me.. unless very cheap.. will not get iPhone.. need to charge daily... ok.. let us know what phone u get huh.. post a pic too...

Comment

if u want to have a AIO. e90 gets my vote. double screen. full size keyboard. alternatively, e51 is a good phone to get, should be 0 if high call plan. all the features available in e90 is available in the e51 minus keyboard and large scren. battery life is decent. got bluetooth, wifi. more importantly, it retains value should u want to sell it in future
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi, No harm "jumping ship" & try Singtel. I totally agree that reception is definitely better. I was using M1 previously & now "jump ship" to Siingtel for the last 3 years plus & found my bills drastically cut down. Cheers & Best Regards.

Comment

Pics always help with the poisoning process

Comment

Hi there! Get the E90 (nice pics above) if they can give u 'free' for signing up to a plan, otherwise, the E71 is very good, nice and slim and looks excellent

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X