Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import duties on pre-owned watch

Dear All,

I have a couple of questions on the subject of importing a pre-owned watch into Singapore.

Question1:
    I ordered a RXW MM 20 from a Japanese seller using PayPal. The watch sale as posted on WUS by a Japanese seller. My question is do I need to pay any customs duty (GST) for this watch when it arrives at Singapore.

Question2:
    As we all now the RXW brand MM20 is a homage to the original MM made by Rolex of the Italian Military, and RXW being sued by Richmonte for using the "MM" logo + the use of the crown guard. Would this aspect be for any issues when the watch reaches Singapore, and if it is screened by Singapore customs?. Especially since the watch is a homage, or after its been sued it probably becomes a replica.

Any such laws would prevent me from laying my hands on this watch?

Thanks for reading.

Succeeded to become a one watch man...
    Rolex Sea Dweller

answer to 1 - if the watch is declared above 400. it will incur GST.

Originally posted by winster View Post
    Dear All,

I have a couple of questions on the subject of importing a pre-owned watch into Singapore.

Question1:
    I ordered a RXW MM 20 from a Japanese seller using PayPal. The watch sale as posted on WUS by a Japanese seller. My question is do I need to pay any customs duty (GST) for this watch when it arrives at Singapore.

Thanks for reading.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      I need to ask seller to declare the value appropriately.
      Don't want the any issues between me uniting with the watch, which have been waiting for so long

As for q2, i think they don't care here if it is a replica homage, when it is a one off piece.

Thanks again

Succeeded to become a one watch man...
      Rolex Sea Dweller

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X