How to take pictures of your watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take pictures of your watch

Hi to all, just got my submariner... wanted to take some pictures to share... but having big problem trying to do so.... the pictures taken are not so clear... some closeup even got reflection of the watch face.... can someone help....BTW, me no big camera person... using dummy digital camera... Canon IXUS 80... anyone use this before this before to take pictures...

you may consider taking it under some artificial lighting such as having a table light shining on the watch @ certain angle to reduce reflection.

can also consider using props in the background to enhance the watch. (Hary's trademark)

built a light box using cardbox with a thin white cloth (pingpong's recommendation)
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

consider using a mini tripod, hand not so steady

Comment

Use Macro mode..or the tunip sign

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi Darkie.. thks for your instruction.. used Macro + no flash... managed to take pictures of first rolex... but did not manage to take the lume shot... totally dark.. tried nearly everything... (Macro.. Night mode...) anyone help???

Comment

Hur hur hur ..... u mean the tulip

Hary needs to reveal some of his secrets

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
              Hi Darkie.. thks for your instruction.. used Macro + no flash... managed to take pictures of first rolex... but did not manage to take the lume shot... totally dark.. tried nearly everything... (Macro.. Night mode...) anyone help???
              Dun take it in total darkness...maybe take it at ard evening time when the sun is setting...or something like that.

Where there's still some bit of light...and you can still see the lume

Comment

o.. that's why... will try it out... thks again Darkie..

Comment

Taking lume shots is quite easy. You need a camera with manual control and a tripod.

You can do it in complete darkness or slightly dark environment. Important is the shutter speed setting.

I hope your camera has this manual control to allow you to set slow shutter speed, let say 1sec or below. At that speed, no hands can hold the camera steadily. Either you put the camera on the table and use the countdown timer, or use tripod. Here is one of the example, shot with Fuji F30, P&S camera, but with manual control, shutter speed 1.5 sec

If you want to have very strong lume, some people 'charge' the lume with the torch light first

[SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                  [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                  [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                  [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                  [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                  [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

The pro has spoken!

Comment

In addition to bro Hary post above:

- When using slow shutter speed, use the timer as pressing the shutter release may blur the picture.

- It’s difficult focusing in low light environment (not to mention total darkness), you can use light (torch) to obtain proper focusing and thn off it after snapping (use timer like 10secs so you have sufficient time running to the switch )

- If there’s no manual control (can’t adjust the aperture or shutter speed), you can try increasing the ISO (the higher the ISO, the more noise you will get). I don’t think can take nice lume even at ISO 800 up if the shutter speed is faster thn 1 sec.

Hope this help, happy trying out..

share my shot taken earlier (30secs, f5.6, ISO 400)

Comment

wow, hary, sunzhi... thks a millions for the pointer.... dun think i can get my lume pics as nice as both of yours.. but will try... will post my results when I succeed.

Comment

http://www.tabletopstudio.com/docume...hotography.htm

Comment

Another lume shot. Nice? Please comment...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X