Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This watch is "discontinued" ... Really?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This watch is "discontinued" ... Really?!

Hi,

Most often than not, I've heard this, especially when people are selling/buying watches. I've seen someone who'd claimed the discontinuation of the PAM176, and not too long ago, the PAM210. Sometimes the ADs also use this 'technique' in sales.

I wonder how do we verify this information? Especially when 80% of the decision to buy a watch depends largely on its production status.

Let's share
    The Crown Of Achievement

Maybe we should call the boutique to clarify. They should know.

Comment

I think one way is to refer to the watch brand's website to see if it is still listing that particular model. If a model is no longer posted/advertised, then it can be a high possibility of a discontinuation. At least that's what I've observed.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

With Panerai churning out so many new models every year, they ought to discontinue some old models.

To me a model is discontinued when it disappears from the catalogue. But when exactly a model disappears from the retail chain depends on demand/supply. It is not unusual that a particular model is still available in the shops months after it has been discontinued.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X