Servicing at LVMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing at LVMH

Went today to collect my Zenith Elite. I sent it for regular servicing last month.

Very dissapointed. The winding becomes rougher than usual, watch was unpolished. When I sent in, they said $280 servicing fee incl. polishing, but now they blamed the girl who served me provided wrong info. Free polishing only for Tag Heuer, not for Zenith. I rejected the watch and asked them to fix the winding. They said, "Sir, the winding is rougher because the power reserve is full". I was furious and told the girl off, I own the watch for 8 years and know the winding wasn't right.

Anyway, despite my unhappiness with the service, I also sent in my Zenith Rainbow for servicing too. $400+ $185 for polishing (head+bracelet). I know I could do it cheaper outside for polishing, but I feel it's better to let them do the polishing right away. Don't want the watch to be dismantled too often. Let's see
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

the agent @ wheelock is also not too good. my friend's SMP just came back...heart-wrenching to say the very least and it's NOT cheap hor.
    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
    "Foreign affections"
    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
    What's NEXT?

Comment

Yes, not cheap. If it's not because of the piece of mind, that it has been serviced by agent, I would have let it serviced somewhere else.

The problem with LVMH, the service centre is probably not so experienced servicing mechanical watches. You can see tons of quartz watches there, mainly Tag being 'serviced' ( I assume change batteries).
      [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

in comparison to others, charges for zenith is quite reasonable ......
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
          in comparison to others, charges for zenith is quite reasonable ......
          Agree, I heard non agent charges $400 for servicing Lemania 5100 movement

Comment

Based on personal experiences, Sxxxxx Service Centre (at Wheelock Place) has the worst services among the local big authorised service centres ... Scratched one of Breguet and another GO (which were subsequently sold) when they were sent in for calibration (under warranty) and servicing (> S$1k) .... Extensive delays for all the watches that I sent in (including a GO that had been with them since 9 Sep 08 even though it should have been ready within 6-8 weeks) ... Even an Omega Seamaster that I sent in was returned with the bracelet fitted upside-down ...
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
              Based on personal experiences, Sxxxxx Service Centre (at Wheelock Place) has the worst services among the local big authorised service centres ... Scratched one of Breguet and another GO (which were subsequently sold) when they were sent in for calibration (under warranty) and servicing (> S$1k) .... Extensive delays for all the watches that I sent in (including a GO that had been with them since 9 Sep 08 even though it should have been ready within 6-8 weeks) ... Even an Omega Seamaster that I sent in was returned with the bracelet fitted upside-down ...
              This is really bad. So where you normally send your watches for servicing?
              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
              Rolex LV submariner
              Rolex TT black submariner
              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
              Rolex Non date submariner
              Rolex Explorer2
              More...

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                Unbelievable. Did they send your watch back to Switzerland/Germany for servicing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                  Agree, I heard non agent charges $400 for servicing Lemania 5100 movement
                  WOW !! Who charge $400 for servicing a 5100 ?

I got my serviced for $300 at THG Svc Centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                    Unbelievable. Did they send your watch back to Switzerland/Germany for servicing?
                    Nope. local jobs ...
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                      This is really bad. So where you normally send your watches for servicing?
                      Still with the authorised Service Centres ... but i tend to take detailed pics of the watches (sometimes with the day's ST in background) before sending in ...
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Hmm I just got my speedmaster back and I must say they did a really good job. The lady who served me was really friendly. My watch was not only in a pristine condition with a lovely case, the lady even gave me a watch catalogue on the latest watches. I must be lucky then.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X