This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose where you get your watch serviced wisely

Long story short. Previously, due to an on-going promotion, i managed to get an offer to service/polish my vintage Rolex datejust. I've paid $450 in total, including changing of parts. It was a new company, (lets call it A), i got my watch, spanking new and happy.

Only 4 months down the road, i experienced winding problems on my watch. So i gave an sms to the guy in charge to enquire. He said warranty is still in place and told me to go down to Company B to drop my watch. I went down, dropped the watch and was a little confused as no kind of invoice was issued to me that says that B is accepting the watch on A's behalf. I called A to enquire, hem and haw and finally knew that company is closed and B is taking over warranty/repairs of previous A's clients. My trust is a little shaken, quite a bit to be honest.

I went back to B to ask what is the situation. I don't think i was impolite. I just wanted to know what is the arrangement /situation between A&B. From the conversation, i feel B is being very defensive. A is A, B is B. Whatever problems you face with your watch with A, dun blame it on me - That was the vibe i got. I have to be fair to B, that they did say they will still honor the warranty and check the watch for me. I told them forget the warranty, i'm taking back my watch. It's a watch of considerable sentimental value thus the action of spending $450 trying to make sure it still works for the next 20 years.

Sorry for the long story. I just hope any brothers/sisters out there looking for service for their loved watches to greatly do their research. I learned it the hard way. From now on there are only 2 places that i will trust to leave my watches (drop me a mail if you need to know).

This is not a advertorial post, nor is this meant to smear Company B. Peace out.

Originally posted by odyssey24
    very confusing
    who is A and who is B?
    Post is not meant to troll existing companies/individuals.

Comment

scam is too harsh a word, and it's not. more of bad attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by visvim View Post
        scam is too harsh a word, and it's not. more of bad attitude.
        Bro, share the names if you could. For readers, it's a buyers beware market. They will have to make an informed decision.
        Btw, sgd450 not exactly cheap for a watch shop servicing unless u replace many parts...
        Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
        Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
        GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
        GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
        DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
        DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
        , 18238 malachite
        DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
        AP 15300 Black
        Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
        GP 18k RG
        IWC Port 3714 Chrono
        Chronoswiss Skeleton
        Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

I think i may just know what he means.......
          Is the watch shops in ch**A t**n....

Comment

Well, I don't see anything problem in disclosing the shop names.

A is already closed.

B is only taking over the warranty.

Beats those spa companies.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

TS talk so much but no guts 2 say name of the 2 companys. che....

Comment

Yes, no harm naming shop A only since it is closed already. Actually best is to make friends with this people before you commit your purchase/service( but then again bad things can alway happen like the Sg PAM sale manager for example). Always be alert. Be safe or be saved.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
                  TS talk so much but no guts 2 say name of the 2 companys. che....
                  It's not about guts. It's about handling it professionally before this whole thing is solved. A forum should not be used as a weapon.

Comment

Situation has been resolved amiably with the previous owner of A, accompanying me to another reputable watch technician to get my watch checked.

Comment

Wow, dun qns others manhood by saying they got guts or not man. Got guts then comeout and have a chat( I workout in bishan stadium SSC gym every tuesday nite(6.30pm till 8pm) wearing a brown spec and in either puma or kappa track pants, with BALL on my right hand). People post to share info and experience so pls be polite unless they qns yr manhood...
                      sigpic

Comment

issue resolved. thread close.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X