Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking clarification: Is multiple identities allowed in this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can think of few reasons

(1) some people prefer low profile and subtle in this forum so use few nicks than same name

(2) being too famous lead to private life disturbed, everyone knows who you are and wat you drive and where you stay and wat watches you wear n owned. What watches you buy and sell etc

(3) Having few nicks so my bigger boss who logs in here does not know i eat snake surfing sg-roc, my subordinates does not know what i talk, discuss in this forum else they will gossip behind

(4) Prevent the TAX dept to trace and monitor you, prevent the CPIB to check on you the number of dealings you done here and suspecting you of money laundering by abusing this forum to sell / buy watches but in true facts only phantom selling/ buying with suspicious income .

Comment

Wow dude, you Daxx good with all these reasons. I salute you! Looks like I need another nick for being so forthright here.
      BTW is a ban here permenant? Other forum ban usually lasted from weeks to months.
      sigpic

Comment

Bringing this up for discussion again.

Popular watch forums such as TZ and WUS state very clearly in their user guidelines that multiple screen names/multiple accounts are not allowed. Why do you think they disallow it?
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Is multiple member IDs created and used by a same person allowed in this forum?

Apparently that is a question for the forum owner/administrator, but I invite all forum members to share their opinion on whether such act should be allowed and why.

I guess we will inevitably go into the discussion on how effective vBulletin is in tracking/banning a certain IP address (which actually has much to do with the way IP addresses are asigned rather than the capability of the forum software itself). I personally feel that how effective a rule can be enforced should not be a key consideration in setting rules, so let's just talk if such act of having multiple identities is ok (and why), instead of what can be done to curb it?

And by the way, such online identity who speaks to oneself or pretend to be another person, is known as the sockpuppet
          No, not needed.... clean up could be done by mods reviewing IP Address's for this by those who 'are' online. ?
          ROLEX.

Comment

it is not as simple as using the IP because it is more technical than that

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
            No, not needed.... clean up could be done by mods reviewing IP Address's for this by those who 'are' online. ?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X