Members' title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members' title

Decided to start this thread here instead of in the feedback forum, as it seems members here are less keen in taking part in a feedback discussion. So let's just treat this as kopi-talk...

I think there are better way to name the title of a forum member?

By title I am referring to the two rows of words right below the nick appearing on a post. For example, mine is

pegasi
    Rolex Master

First of all I don't understand what the titles are connected to - date joined? no. of posts? or feedback score?

Secondly I don't think I am a senior enough member in this forum, neither do I feel I befit a rolex master title.

Sure, these titles are not to be taken seriously, but wouldn't it be better if we can have something that we all understand and can relate to?

I think we can keep the junior member/member/senior member - but maybe review the criteria again? To me this should tie to one's joined date not no. of posts? Or a combination of both?

The rolex admirer/master/lover just don't make any sense to me. I figure it's a for-fun thing but still it can have more sense. Maybe we can then tie this to the no. of post and use some icons like stars and rolex crowns? For example every 200 posts get one stars and every 1000 post get a crown?

Comments on my suggestions are more than welcome, and your ideas most appreciated
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

And please don't suggest bringing back the lao jiao thing - we have gone international already.

Now I sound like the mod or owner, haha!

Comment

Pegasi
      superlative contributor
      officially certified
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by polarinda View Post
        Pegasi
        superlative contributor
        officially certified
        ?
        Not bad, quite creative

Comment

Good idea. I think such information should be made known to members, especially so when we want to be a part of this wonderful horological journey. It does give one some sense of 'achievement', like how one starts out as a newbie and progressively becoming amateur to professional, or whatever term there is.

This idea somewhat resonates with some of those threads where members can put their nicks on their ownerships of certain watch models, i.e. "new owner of a Daytona black", etc. It just feels good.

A good suggestion from Mr pegasi. You have achieved another step nearer to "moderator-ship"
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            You have achieved another step nearer to "moderator-ship"
            Wa lau don't scare me leh...

Comment

Wow! So fast the titles changed liao???!!!

Admin, care to share what's the meaning behind those titles this time?

Is this all, or still work-in-progress?

Comment

decided to remove the rolex lover, admirer, master, etc as it may provide the wrong impression to new members and may encourage members to post for the sake of posting so as to achieve the particular title and abuse the privileges given.

as such only moderators and administrators have their field display so that members can choose to contact the respective moderator and/or administrator.

there is no change to existing categorization of Junior Member, Member, Senior Member. this is based on the total number of posts a member has.

whether or not there will be changes depends on evaluation of members' feedback.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  decided to remove the rolex lover, admirer, master, etc as it may provide the wrong impression to new members and may encourage members to post for the sake of posting so as to achieve the particular title and abuse the privileges given.
                  I can appreciate this, given what happened recently.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  there is no change to existing categorization of Junior Member, Member, Senior Member. this is based on the total number of posts a member has.
                  While there is no change to the categorization, the no. of post set for each category apparently has changed, cos I have been downgraded (I am not complaining).

Are you willing to share the figures set for each category, or is it your intention to keep them non-transparent for the same reason mentioned above?

Comment

To prevent abuse, it will be non transparent, however just look around, you can figure out. +-

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Are you willing to share the figures set for each category, or is it your intention to keep them non-transparent for the same reason mentioned above?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I see it much neater now.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The old titles were kinda fun thought may not be appropriate. As some are not into rolex.

Agree that its much neater now.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Kinda miss the "Rolex Admirer" title as it express my faithfulness & admiration for Rolex so well.... LOL!

Comment

If I were too fault the orange is a bit bright.

Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex Rolex
                            Member Member Member Member Member Member
                            .... 1 ........ 2 .......... 3 ......... 4 ......... 5 .......... 6 ...........

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Let's see if I got a new title...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X