Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is a liability. Price of Rolex watches will appreciate after times

Comment

• Have the same dilemmna but owning a luxry car and maintaining it is way too ex in SG

Comment

• In the Context of Singapore ...

Watches for Life, Cars ONLY for 10 years ...

THEREFORE, Watches FTW!

Comment

• Originally posted by monstaR View Post
          Guys,

Whenever I think of changing my ride, I keep measuring the depreciation against another watch that I can own. Hence I have constantly scraped the idea of getting a nicer car.

Do any of you have this dilemma? Example a Merc has around 15-20 k depreciation per year dependent on how long you hold onto it.

Thoughts?

Ads
          For me it's the watch then the car.

Comment

• For me, watches any time as still got resale value. Car is only after I can afford maybe AP lolz
            Present:

Rolex TT Sunburst 116613LB
            Hublot 301.SB.131.RX BB Steel Ceramic
            IWC 377717 Le Petit Prince

Comment

• Watch certainly with higher resale value

Comment

• Both are rich men toys. Personal experience has made me realise that owning both comes at the expense of massive depreciation over time, Rollies included.

Comment

• Both are luxury items which is more to a want than a need though to some ppl cars are more to a need.

Comment

• YOLO (you only live once), unless you intend to be a rich person in your grave. If you have spare money lying around, then just spend it wisely.

Comment

• Watches . Better return on your money than cars. Just make sure buy from AD and keep all your paperwork and box .

Comment

• Yeah man, cars for me is kah tak only. For some its status. I prefer watch.

Comment

• This isnt a fair question to ask.

Most people will choose watches becos cars are too expensive here
                          $50k versus $500k
                          $30k versus $300k

In other parts of the world, it might be different.

To me it doesnt matter what car with what watch as long as the money used to buy the items are self-earned and no loan is taken so as to be able to buy the items.

Comment

• I would go for a nice car if my job involves entertainment, or if first impressions are really important in my biz encounters. A car is a fast depreciating asset, but if this asset's decay in value is offset by the growth in my income, I would still invest in it.

An expensive watch is good for self-confidence and may be important as a perception point, where others make a view of you, but in relative terms, it features less strongly in how people evaluate you. You may wear an apple watch for instance, which cost less than a Rolex, and still score a plus point in the eyes of your customer or biz associates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                              This isnt a fair question to ask.

Most people will choose watches becos cars are too expensive here
                              $50k versus $500k
                              $30k versus $300k

In other parts of the world, it might be different.

To me it doesnt matter what car with what watch as long as the money used to buy the items are self-earned and no loan is taken so as to be able to buy the items.
                              Fair point...in other places,the answer is probably a Both

Comment

• Originally posted by trd2970 View Post
                                Fair point...in other places,the answer is probably a Both

To me, its always both as long as you can truly afford it.

If you hv to ask which one, its already a question of affordability.

Moreover whats a nice watch and whats a nice car?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X