Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Springbar tool from dealxtreme - anyone bought before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springbar tool from dealxtreme - anyone bought before?

As above. seems very cheap. They also have a lot of watch repair gear..

http://www.dealextreme.com/c/watch-repair-tools-419
    elusive

i rather get it from a shop locally rather than online.

Originally posted by satch View Post
    As above. seems very cheap. They also have a lot of watch repair gear..

http://www.dealextreme.com/c/watch-repair-tools-419
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Quality stuff comes at a certain price.

Unless you really trust the online store, better buy from eBay.
      A little more protection.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i agree that quality stuff comes with certain price.

check out my bergeon tool below

noticed the left hand side? it was originally a black color pin removal. however, it is easily broken due to its construction. i have since got it grind down so that i can continue to use it.

personally i would not recommend this model for pin removal for those rolex model with lug holes.

there is another model which is 6767, the construction is slightly better. the tip is slightly sturdy compared to the 3153 model.

but have to use with care as well.

however, fret not that as you can have buy the replacement part.

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

with reference to this http://www.dealextreme.com/photogallery.dx/sku.49125

why not check out if the packaging is the same as what you can see outside.

may try to go to passion watch @ funan centre to see this tool set, see if the color code for screw driver size and packaging are the same.

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            i rather get it from a shop locally rather than online.
            I saw it at the rochor ctr shop...can't rmb which brand..but it's Swedish..prob is the shop opening hours is not convenient for me
            elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

Agree...u get wat u pay.

I bought some hp stuff and cam batteries from them before.. quality ok so far.

Just wanted to see if any bro/sis out there who have tried their stuff...

Given the low cost, I don't mind ordering to try it out. if it's good, I can post a mini review
              elusive

Comment

thanks for the tip..where did u get yours from? I'm using it for leather straps...so perhaps will be less taxing on the tool..hopefully
                i agree that quality stuff comes with certain price.

check out my bergeon tool

noticed the left hand side? it was originally a black color pin removal. however, it is easily broken due to its construction. i have since got it grind down so that i can continue to use it.

personally i wofuld not recommend this model for pin removal for those rolex model with lug holes.

there is another model which is 6767, the construction is slightly better. the tip is slightly sturdy compared to the 3153 model.

but have to use with care as well.

however, fret not that as you can have buy the replacement part.
                elusive

Comment

Good idea...if they're the same, also can find out what margins the shops are earning, lol

Generally if the quality is decent I don't mind getting online, it's more convenient shopping online, most watch shops are in town area...no need to worry about parking, traffic jam etc...
                  with reference to this http://www.dealextreme.com/photogallery.dx/sku.49125

why not check out if the packaging is the same as what you can see outside.

may try to go to passion watch @ funan centre to see this tool set, see if the color code for screw driver size and packaging are the same.
                  elusive

Comment

I think the A*F on deal extreme is chiong one...seen those in sungei road also

Well it does serve it's purpose I guess but how long it lasts is one, and definitely not from A*F

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

most important is that the tool does not give way when user is using on watch. cause consequences can be undesirable.

anyone is free to choose which type of tools to buy. i just want to raise the point that though the packaging is similar, the product may not be the same and hence potential buyer(s) thinks that is getting the original product @ a fraction of the cost.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Guess what...I bought this watch tool kit from mustafa at $16..many tools including spring bar tool, screw drivers, case opener, hammer etc. Changed a few straps for fun just now
                        elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X