Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you like watches?

Let me share....

It's like my own expression of taste for well crafted things which is the only thing I can wear on my body

Den sometimes see ladies/men wearing nice stuffs doing awesome things....you get the impression that it's part of a lifestyle...then again, my life is kinda normal.

As I search for quality stuffs in life....I find that I don't really like normal usual everyday stuffs...it's like a change in habits and life demands....how about u?
    Opportunities come once

Perhaps the only piece of jewelery a man can wear. I see it as a physical extension of myself and not to mention that I like mechanical devices since young.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

Agree.....not much stuff a man can wear or match....hahaha.....watch is a good extension and the horology is amazing..
      One is never enough . . .

Comment

It's like a childhood thingy. Last time can only afford digital watches and wonder if one day, I'm able to afford one on my wrist. Apart from the lack of choices of "accessories" for men, it's something personal which you can pass to your child next time if he wish to own a part of you. I doubt one will ever wanna wear your old clothes and shoes right?!? Hehe... =P
        Current babies:
        Sub 16610LN D series
        PAM 312 M series
        IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
        116613LB?
        a good White dial watch

Comment

To always remind me that time is precious?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

One forum kakis this morning 7 early 8 early whapsapp me wan seamaster or not? adding posion..... lol

Well, few reasons, watch added life to different occasion wear.

I.T staffs, cars, camera depreciated where some watch value stay there more or less if pick the right ones

Some watches build like wonder with mini parts & just run auto, some for sentimental value and some has history to wear which hardly subsitutable.

Every since fond in watches, go oversea also eyeing any watch. It is a good hobby anyway. Like some old birds here said, buy what u like and wear it comfortable with good health. Cheers
            past collection
            Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
            Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

I read somewhere a long time ago an article stating that "Watches and Shoes Maketh a Man"

And in my own personal opinion, the subtle (or not so subtle these days with the >44mm watches) combination of your watch and shoes are the single most important element that says alot about your overall presentation.

Comment

Engineering and art combined into one... what more can I say.. I'm an engineer by training and machines turn me one. The archaic mechanical system to run without an electrical power source and relying on nothing more than a spring... An engineering marvel and a work of art is just alluring..

Comment

To tell time...
                  Seriously, for me, the question could be framed as,"Why do you like certain watches"

Cos certain watches make me wanna be associated with. Eg it's history, it's expertise (eg movement, materials used), it's looks (it's gotta look good), the messaging associated with owning one

However, not all (I'm assuming mechanical) watches will appeal. Eg many like Sinn, but I dun fancy. I like pams (in addition to rollies) but some of you dun understand what's the fuss with pams.

I agree with one of the earlier posting, it's relative. That's why we have many brands at different price points

Comment

Wah lau, this thread make me question myself at the start whether if it is practical to have more than 1 watch but without much effort, I ask myself do I really have to justify why I like them?

Truth is I just like watches and I am so poisoned I don't know why lol.....

Comment

I like the look of a nicely machined case and the fact that one can express their style through their choice of watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X