Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

now you can bring your iphone to sensitive area......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now you can bring your iphone to sensitive area......

with reference to this link, M1 is offering a non-camera iphone for sale.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

And one has to pay $49 more to have a function less and with no warranty whatsoever
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

its not hard to do yourself. at most if need warranty, you can put it back together.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

the issue is not about doing it yourself. the issue is that you need to present a document to say that it is done @ a authorized location.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        its not hard to do yourself. at most if need warranty, you can put it back together.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

this is because apple is not endorsing the modification. as such no warranty.

for 50 more, it is likely to be said for the 'work done'.

personally, i would just save myself the hassle and get a phone that has internet capabilities without a camera.

problem solved.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          And one has to pay $49 more to have a function less and with no warranty whatsoever

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            the issue is not about doing it yourself. the issue is that you need to present a document to say that it is done @ a authorized location.
            why so troublesome? just launch the camera app and you'll find that the camera has been removed.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

u can remove the camera and later re-attach it within the restricted compound , if you know how. so in this way it is not 'foolproof'

after removal, there is a seal pasted somewhere if im not mistaken, this is 'show proof' that the phone has not been tampered after authorized removal.

this method is of no sure guarantee that it would not prevent people from re-attaching the camera. but it is an extra step. they can choose to impose a visual check on phone before entering and exiting. this is to ensure that the phone is not tampered with when within compound. if found to be tampered, they can choose to enforce detention of individual.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              why so troublesome? just launch the camera app and you'll find that the camera has been removed.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Technically speaking you are not allow to bring in the unattached camera in the first place.

Comment

Best to get a non-camera hp..can get at much cheaper price too...

Spend more on a set with no warr from the maker...no way man...hahahaha

My point of view lar....
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i agree with you that not suppose to bring in. but use your imagination. i wont go into this issue in detail as it concerns security and in the field i am in, u will be surprise.

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                    Technically speaking you are not allow to bring in the unattached camera in the first place.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Haha, not my forte but can't they just install an application that locked the camera with a password upon entry and release the lock on exit. But then again it won't be foolproof, nothing is.

Comment

one way to be foolproof. drop all technologies. but this is not likely to happen. looking back say in the 70s, when there is no camera phone, even mobile phone then was like 'unheard' of. do we face such problem? back then there was no ATM, do we have skimming issues?

the more technologies that is made available, the more loopholes there is.

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                        Haha, not my forte but can't they just install an application that locked the camera with a password upon entry and release the lock on exit. But then again it won't be foolproof, nothing is.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

With all the pin holes around, there's a will there's a way. Deterrent at most.

I think it's a good work around for those who works regularly in sensitive area.
                          After all camera is not required for most apps. Facebook, angry birds, whatsapp ...
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

channelnews asia link

M1 has offered it for sale. Singtel and starhub to follow suit?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

its a good money earner for the telcos. 10mins job to remove the camera, put anti tamper sticker, and print out receipt to show camera removal.

its only a matter of time before other telcos offer this service.
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X