Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to pay GST again if the same watch is shipped to Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to pay GST again if the same watch is shipped to Singapore?

I had a watch shipped to Singapore and I paid all the GST on that watch a year ago.

Now if I am selling the same watch and if I have the watch shipped to Singapore, does my prospective buyer need to pay the GST again on the same watch?

Please advise.

Thanks.

??? if the watch is already in Singapore, coz you shipped it in a year ago, you want to shipped the same watch to Singapore again?
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

I am sorry, I was in a hurry, and I left out important details. After the watch was shipped to Singapore, then I took the watch out of Singapore, so now the watch is no longer in Singapore... so now I want to sell the sell and the buyer is in Singapore, so I have to ship the same watch to Singapore again for the second time.

Does my prospective buyer need to pay for GST on the same watch (considering I already paid the GST a year ago)?

Thank you.

Comment

I would think your buyer needs to pay GST.
        My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
        IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
        IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
        IWC 500401 Big Pilot
        PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
        PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
        PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
        Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by gameson View Post
          I am sorry, I was in a hurry, and I left out important details. After the watch was shipped to Singapore, then I took the watch out of Singapore, so now the watch is no longer in Singapore... so now I want to sell the sell and the buyer is in Singapore, so I have to ship the same watch to Singapore again for the second time.

Does my prospective buyer need to pay for GST on the same watch (considering I already paid the GST a year ago)?

Thank you.
          i afraid your buyer still have to pay the GST for the "re-import". Anything come into SG declared value more the 400 got to pay GST...

Comment

yes, have to pay GST.
            Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

do you have an invoice stated this watch is selling to someone in Singapore? If yes, the buyer will need to pay.

Comment

Unless you can prove to customs that the item in question has had GST paid. im afraid you are going to be hit a second time.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  Unless you can prove to customs that the item in question has had GST paid. im afraid you are going to be hit a second time.
                  SC OP mentioned watch was brought out of SG and now he is chking whether if he ship it back will gt charge for GST...imo shld kena ask to pay again, you know our garmen where gt let go this golden opportunity not to charge you again LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    SC OP mentioned watch was brought out of SG and now he is chking whether if he ship it back will gt charge for GST...imo shld kena ask to pay again, you know our garmen where gt let go this golden opportunity not to charge you again LOL.
                    not entirely true... i manage to bring in a few watches originally from sg back to sg via air mail/airport. its just a matter of convincing the officer that you have indeed already paid for the GST.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

not entirely true... i manage to bring in a few watches originally from sg back to sg via air mail/airport. its just a matter of convincing the officer that you have indeed already paid for the GST.
                      well done SC! i nvr have this experience before, but now there are possibilities OP's buyer don't have to pay GST provided he show the receipt of the tax paid.

Comment

even if without invoice, so long as the declared value of the watch is above 400. it will automatically incur GST.

I had a watch shipped to Singapore and I paid all the GST on that watch a year ago.

Now if I am selling the same watch and if I have the watch shipped to Singapore, does my prospective buyer need to pay the GST again on the same watch?

Please advise.

Thanks.
                        Originally posted by yellowcab View Post
                        do you have an invoice stated this watch is selling to someone in Singapore? If yes, the buyer will need to pay.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

can explain who is going to convince the customs officer that the watch has been paid GST? seller or buyer? considering seller and buyer are 2 different people.

i doubt it would be seller as seller is not in singapore. so it means that the buyer has to 'convince' the customs officer. if this case, how? considering that if there is no paper to prove that the item in concern has entered into singapore before. as far as i know, customs over @ sing post @ eunos do not open parcel and only selected items need to be open in front of the customs upon collection.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Thank you.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

How you convinced them? Do you need to show proof?

Comment

you need to go through some hoops before you can avoid GST.

the problem is not with GST already paid but whether or not it has been subjected to GST refunds or even if the item (eg, 1970s rolex watch originally purchased by your father in singapore) was taxed originally.

the problem is how you need to prove that you are not out to cheat the govt...

the easiest way is to register for temporary export permit before selling the watch. the more difficult way is to pay first and write an appeal letter with all documentary proof (receipt and credit card statements, etc) and hope for a refund.

i use tradenet to apply for an "out" permit before i send my watches overseas for repairs/service so that i do not get taxed when it re-enters singapore by courier.

many of these watches were never taxed when they were brought into singapore (by hand) for my personal use/collection and they are all more than SG$400.

good luck!
                              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X