Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrogant seller on eBay selling watches

Sorry for my explicit French language!

Having read the details of a Rolex 6694 on this eBay auction, I noticed it had a couple of missing details. I re-read the details a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss it out. So all I did was send a simple question to this Singaporean seller asking if it did contain both these 2 items, and this was his sarcastic riposte...

Dear kenlin_liu,

What does the auction details state?

- watches-vintage

How on earth can you sell anything with a sh!te attitude like that?
    I don't understand how he could even have so many positive comments. He obviously can't take criticism based on his comments back to all the negative comments.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_2649wt_1316

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
    Sorry for my explicit French language!

Having read the details of a Rolex 6694 on this eBay auction, I noticed it had a couple of missing details. I re-read the details a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss it out. So all I did was send a simple question to this Singaporean seller asking if it did contain both these 2 items, and this was his sarcastic riposte...

Dear kenlin_liu,

What does the auction details state?

- watches-vintage

How on earth can you sell anything with a sh!te attitude like that?
    I don't understand how he could even have so many positive comments. He obviously can't take criticism based on his comments back to all the negative comments.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_2649wt_1316
    What did you ask?

Comment

all i asked him was if it included box and original papers.

Comment

Poor chap should have used the wrong phrase. It should have been "please read carefully what i've written or stated". Please forgive him.

Comment

dial is refurbish.
          not sure if the top left lug is over polish based on one of the pictures.
          based on 2nd picture from start, there seem to be a 'cut' across the number 9. not certain if it is on the acrylic or the date disc

im not sure if minty vintage is the right to describe this watch. why?

the dial is 100% refurbish and it is not one of the original 6694 dial.
          the hands are confirmed 'new' based on the lume.
          also base on serial number, it should be 1953 production. (if it is 1210, then not 6694. as 6694 is using 1225 [i might be wrong] )
          also the shown movement, the color looks dark gray/black.
          also i think it is better to see the entire case - back without the case back to see if the case is pitted or not.

TS, if you are looking for a 6694, i think some of the 6694 sold in the forum are better.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for the info Triton. I'm actually looking for a complete arabic dial 6694 to give away as a nice gift to a loved one.
            Any lobang?

Comment

Thanks for the info Triton. I'm actually looking for a complete arabic dial 6694 to give away as a nice gift to a loved one.
              Any lobang?
              Just the dial alone? You want a complete aftermarket or refurbished dial?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Actually, I am looking for the whole set. 6694 with arabaic dial and hopefully box and papers.

Update, I replied the seller and he still wants to be a smarty pants with me! I replied him to confirm if his watch has the box and papers because it didn't state it in his description. His reply?

Dear kenlin_liu,

That should answer your questions.

- watches-vintage

My advice is to give these kind of sellers a quick knock on the head with a barge pole.

Comment

Actually, I am looking for the whole set. 6694 with arabaic dial and hopefully box and papers.

Update, I replied the seller and he still wants to be a smarty pants with me! I replied him to confirm if his watch has the box and papers because it didn't state it in his description. His reply?

Dear kenlin_liu,

- watches-vintage

My advice is to give these kind of sellers a quick knock on the head with a barge pole.
                  Isn't that easy to find a 6694 with box and papers, have to slowly hunt.

I think dial isn't that hard to find.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

even if watches that are vintage, there are those with complete set.

if you want complete set, the price wont be cheap for a decent condition. let me know if you interested and help you source.

Dear kenlin_liu,

- watches-vintage

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X