nightmare car sales person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightmare car sales person

quite a while ago, i posted an article on nightmare contractor. well, this time i encountered a nightmare car sales person.

about 3 years ago, my dad wanting to buy a new car. after looking around and comparing prices between local distributor and parallel importer, he opted to go for parallel import car. the boss and his wife has been pestering my dad to get from them. so he did eventually.

car was delivered on time. however, we noticed that there is a pen knife scratch mark behind the rear mirror. we guess the only thing that could have caused it was when they installed the film on the front windscreen. other than that, we cannot figure out what could have caused it. so what did they do? sorry boss ah. not our problem. pissed.

ask for floor mat FOC as we had paid abit of premium to this car company for a german car that my dad ordered. i was expecting not 3M quality but at least cut to right size. the floor mat does not fit the car model, so it keeps slipping around and within 6 months holes start to appear @ car heel section.

after the first year, when we tried to renew car insurance through another person, the insurance company said cannot. your policy is lock in to this car company. so never mind. let it go.

just last month, i called the sales person to handle the insurance and road tax. this is where the final straw and nightmare start. road tax was due last week of nov 2011. so issued 2 cheques to the company saying u fill in the payee accordingly. amount is entered for insurance. amount for 1 year road tax also indicated.

after 1 week, which is past expiry of insurance and road tax, no news from him. called him. he said dont worry all settled. he say will delivered receipt and road tax. waited for 2 days still no picture and sound. he say dont worry insurance will be mailed to you. i will pass you the road tax disc tomorrow when it is mailed to them.

then on 2/11, my dad received a letter from LTA indicating that road tax has been paid with a dishonoured cheque. this came as a surprised as the cheque we issued has been cleared by the bank. then it dawn us that the dishounoured cheque was from UOB bank. however, we dont have a UOB cheque account and only OCBC cheque account. the amount was also wrong as it was cleared 900+ but the amount dishonoured is half the amount. also had to pay composition fine of 15.

so i called the guy on 3/12 and say please pick up the letter from LTA @ company. he say will do so on 5/12 as it was weekend and nothing can be done also. so on monday i called him again asking him what time he would pick up. he say morning. wait until end of business day also never turn up.

called him close to 5pm, he say dont worry boss. settle already. i was like ok. the letter specifically indicate have to go to LTA's counter 18 to settle. did not probe further. ask him when deliver road tax disc, he say 2pm deliver. waited till 6pm. also never turn up.

called him, guess what he say. sorry boss now i jurong, tonight not free. please explain to your dad for me. help me one last time. i say how to help you. road tax expired 23/11. told him already close to 2 weeks u also fail to deliver. what makes matters worse is that you/your company issued a dishonoured cheque. reason given is 'refer to drawer' which technically means bank account no money. some more you pay only half year road tax when we issued you a cheque amount for 1 year road tax.

i told him i dont care, u just have to give me the road tax because today is the last day grace period before LTA officially can take action. i told him even if you deliver @ 0100 hours, i will open door and receive it from you. then he say 9plus can. i say when you reach, just call me. 10 mins later, he sms me say arrive 640pm. but he did not reach till 7pm. never mind.

while waiting, bank monthly statement arrives. shows that the cheque was issued by us was bank in on 15/11. i was like ok. saw the road tax disc, it was stamped katong post office on 23/11. so what has happened between 15/11 to 23/11. furious mad. he say all settle already. i said ok. this is last time i will deal with your company.

guess nightmare ended right. no. so yesterday morning i called LTA to be safe, they said no payment received. immediately i text him say that are you sure you made payment already? he say yes. so i ask where and what amount. cause without the letter, no way you will know amount unless you make payment @ LTA. post office cannot advise on amount. he said paid @ sing post. i was like 'liar', so pestered him what is the amount. he also cannot answer. i knew then he never make payment. so i text him, you are a liar. never make payment still say have. he say have, i call office and check because despatch do one. i say dont need lah.

then he replied. thank you for the sneers. i was like knn. you lie about road tax being mailed where the stamp on the disc indicate as paid @ katong post office and dated somewhere 20 something. u want to bluff who. eventually he text me 1122 say paid already. check with LTA. so i called LTA, they told me the payment made with nets @ 1122. i told him please lah. u keep telling me that it is settled but never. still want to be sarcastic to me.

told him this is last time i will use his company. he told me this is small matter what. dont because of one incident like this blacklist him and his company. but i ask him, how many times you fail to tell me the truth. it is about business integrity. imagine if my dad drives the car and get stop by TP or ROV or LTA, then how? i ask him where is your job responsibility, business ethics and personal integrity. he kept quiet.

best of all, this company won entrepreneur award 2010.

so now i called bank to find out the cheque was bank to which account. if it is not company account, can i will consider issue legal letter to him for embezzlement if the cheque was found to bank into personal account?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

wow i'm surprised you put up with all this BS from the sales person. you should have went directly to the boss of the company.

insurance policy locked in with the car company??? is there such a thing? unless it is stated in the sales agreement.

probably you'll get better after sales service from local distributor.

Comment

I think you should pursue this with his company (or even CaseTrust or whatever Trust that it has been awarded) so that he can be reprimanded. This is the type of sales person that would give other customers the same nightmares with all this run-around tactics. Do everyone a favour Triton and see if you can take it further.

Comment

i am usually very patient. however, after yesterday incident, i called the boss and feedback.

my car insurance company also is tied to XXX company. however, on the day of renewal, i inform the insurance company that i will deal direct in future. on the spot, i wrote in to the insurance company requesting direct rather through 3rd party.

Originally posted by leeye View Post
        wow i'm surprised you put up with all this BS from the sales person. you should have went directly to the boss of the company.

insurance policy locked in with the car company??? is there such a thing? unless it is stated in the sales agreement.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Wow Boss....u have the patience of a saint...for me if i encounter this kind of thing...i straightaway consult my legal advisor liao..and he will take action from then on....

I hate to handle these kind of BS and lies....One of the reasons why i go the Agent route...to save the hassle of listening to BS when anything crop up...Road tax and insurance expired liao not small matter leh....will kana go Court de if kana caught.....

I sincerely hope that this issue will be resolved asap for you.
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

there are good and not so good ones even from local distributor. it is the attitude of individual.

Originally posted by leeye View Post

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

I am so impressed with your patience. It just take a little crap service to get me on my nerves.
              I want a 116505!

Comment

Sorry to hear such a bad incident with the PI company.

But new found respect from me for being so patient and tolerant.
                Current
                ------------
                SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

now i just wait for the boss to get back to me. i give 3 working days. should be more than ample time. if by next monday no updates from the boss. i will decide then.

apple store just mixed up my order. order apple care product, deliver iphone4s. at least their customer service say sorry and give me online voucher of 68 to spend.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

And they let you keep the phone too?

Comment

phone i return already. the courier company pick up.

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                      And they let you keep the phone too?

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

What a low-graded company. Can pm me the company name, so that will avoid at all cost. Thanks
                        Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                        Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                        / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

see the disc with branch location of post office? see the date stamped on the disc?

why is it i say it is branch of post office? because the company is located some where in the east.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

letter from LTA

certain information has been erased for privacy reasons.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Beleive me triton, you are not the first to encounter such problems with PI. Some of my friends and colleagues have similar experiences as well. So when you buy from PI, has to make sure you do your homework. Think the company should bear some responsibility as well since the sales person is representing their company. I always believe what kind of person the boss is will determine the type of staffs that they have. If the boss has integrity and honest, how can such a thing happen. In my opinion, the sales peron should be sacked before more customers suffers the same fate as you. Embezzlement is a serious offence...Wonder how can the company still get the best entrepreneur award....?????
                              Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X