Is there an Automatic watch with solar powered ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an Automatic watch with solar powered ability

For example, the Seiko Velatura is a Quartz movement watch with a rotor as well to generate energy. It also has a crown to wind the winder to store energy in the watch. But overall the watch is a Quartz movement watch.

I find this very interesting concept of swapping watch abilities like for example the Casios have Solar powered ability and I wonder if there is an Automatic watch that have this function?

I also heard rumors about a watch that generate energy through the changes in temperature.

Is there anything like that out there?
    I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

i've not heard of such a hybrid - it's entirely possible such technologies exist but it seems rather redundant as a self-winding watch does not require an alternative power source; the same for a solar powered watch.

the trouble may be trying to make sure the watch does not explode on your wrist!

the time piece you mentioned about is probably the atmos clock. not possible to squeeze into a wrist watch sized device!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X